Electricity -Per month - Cost

Electricity Costs for Folding@Home Setup

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hmm I'm guessing this month will be a solid 350-400 and next month I expect that to jump to 450-500...

Thus the reason I am done ramping after this spurt! The month cost is nearly a quad a month!

I picked 60-70$ month but that's strictly for my farm. I average 120-130$ per month (I pay just 5.40 cents for the first 30KW then 7.33 cents for the rest).

I'm guessing here because the A/C is a big part of it.

I will have a better feeling for it this winter, but my guess is $50-60

I picked $70-$80 because I'm not sure what my costs me. It's probably lower than that but with having to run the a/c so much this summer I don't really have a clue.

I'll do a little breakdown. When I first moved into my apartment, my electric bill was around $38 with everything being electric but not needing to run the a/c or heat. That is also without any computers here because at the time I could not afford an internet connection so my systems stayed at a friend's house so they could fold. More recently, I had an electric bill around $80 for the month which included no heat or a/c but with a number of systems running. However, that was not with the current number of systems and monitors. My last electric bill was around $150 but I had been running the a/c a lot during that time. I'm hoping the next bill will be lower because I don't think I ran the a/c as much. I should know since I've been cooking in my living room where it usually doesn't get much under 85F.

Yeah, I agree with HighYield, it's much better to be in denial (unbunch your shorts, I was only kiddin) :p

FOLD ON!

$60-$70 currently but I'm in the process of adding another quad so by next month it'll be at $80-$90.

Damn Xil... I'm jealous. Summer rates are first 500kwh are @ 0.1485/kwh over 500kwh are @ 0.16970/kwh. I forget what the winter rates are. I toss the bills so I don't have a reminder laying around. Either way I'll be glad when October rolls around.

$60-$70 currently but I'm in the process of adding another quad so by next month it'll be at $80-$90.

Damn Xil... I'm jealous. Summer rates are first 500kwh are @ 0.1485/kwh over 500kwh are @ 0.16970/kwh. I forget what the winter rates are. I toss the bills so I don't have a reminder laying around. Either way I'll be glad when October rolls around.

Remember that I live in Quebec, the paradise for hydro electricity. We produce so much electricity that we also export them to New England as well :cool:

Remember that I live in Quebec, the paradise for hydro electricity. We produce so much electricity that we also export them to New England as well :cool:

Make room... I'm coming up! Unless you want to export some of that down to Pennsylvania. Hell I'll even buy the extension cord... gotta be cheaper than the electricity. ;)

I'm going with 20-30, but that's totally a guess. A/C is a big part of it here in TX and we would be running that even without the folding boxen.

I'll know in about 1 month. Just got out highest power bill yet at home. $500. :( Wife was not thrilled so I'm doing a cutback on the home farm. As of yesterday afternoon I'm now down 2 smp clients (Q6600),1 gpu2 (8800gts) client, and 1 standard client (P4 Northwood 3.2ghz).

Not happy about it but we are getting some massive heat here this summer and electric costs have gone up since last summer. I'm going to fire the clients back up this weekend and use the kill-a-watt to see what the boxes are really pulling at the wall and calculate it out.

That's a damn low mortgage payment...

My powerbill was $288 for June, and $297 for July (only 2 boxen up for most of July). Getting these GPU clients up (and that 9800gx2) has me a little worried about the August bill, it's been damn hot here lately.

Not sure how much of the power bill is associated w/ the folding farm, I have the ps3, a dual opteron 275 box, a 8800m gtx and 2x 9800gtx's running f@h 24/7.

I'm lucky I can keep the rest of the folding boxes at work otherwise I think the electric bill would bring me to tears. Here's what I have at work 2x 8800gt, 9800gtx, 8800gts 640, 2x qx9450, q6600 and a 2.33gh quad core xeon whose model # i can't remember at the moment (thank god the company does not pay the power bill at our current location, it's included)

My power bill for the farm is around £100.

But it will go up another 10-20% once the latest series of electricity price increases hit home.

Luck ........... :D

Damn Xilikon those are some great rates. I live near Niagara Falls, My rates frickin suck.
Major Hydroelectic plant but still shitty rates. .14 per kwh:(
Costs for boxen the summer 1.4kw but I had to and an AC unit to cool room
down, draws about 600watts. About 2kw constant so about $200/month.
Oh shit...who thought up this damn poll.:eek:

Costs for boxen the summer 1.4kw but I had to and an AC unit to cool room
down, draws about 600watts. About 2kw constant so about $200/month.
Oh shit...who thought up this damn poll.:eek:

For a change it's not relics fault... blame Evil for this one... :D

Poll is not accurate, it has to go up past $500 per month before I can vote :( ;)

Back