Ek Thermosphere?

phantommaggot

Weaksauce
Anyone ever use one?
I was thinking of putting one on a mini itx gtx 970.
running a loop with a non k i5 (devils canyon)
The idea would be a second kind of cool build that is quiet.

Would It do it's job and let me push the card with just a 240mm?

Yeah it will do its job quite well just make sure it fits in your case and doesnt block memory heatsing of your 970 (if it has any). For a year I used Koolance GPU-220 universal gpu block on 980 Ti and it worked surprisingly well and that EK block is better in pretty much all aspects. Just make sure to squize in a fan (I'm a fan of arctic 92mm fans) to keep 970 VRM and VRAM cool. Seeing your cpu is not k 240mm rad should be plenty (how's your temp right now?).

PC isn't built yet.
Like I said, I'm looking at options for cheap but cool looking pc for a living room emulator box that would run controller games pretty well and not sound like a vacuum cleaner under load.

I already have a h97m ITX and 8gb ram I picked up a while back for cheap. They're still NIB and I wanna do something with it.

Looking for a 4570, 4590, 4670, 4690. Whichever I could find for ~100.
I missed one on here because I forgot I messaged about it lol, and I messaged about another one and didn't get a reply.

those itx 970s pop up from time to time and sell for less than 200 bucks on ebay which is a decent deal considering the times...

I'm the kind of person that runs my 4790k at 4ghz to keep the voltage at 1.0v lol

PC isn't built yet.
Like I said, I'm looking at options for cheap but cool looking pc for a living room emulator box that would run controller games pretty well and not sound like a vacuum cleaner under load.

I already have a h97m ITX and 8gb ram I picked up a while back for cheap. They're still NIB and I wanna do something with it.

Looking for a 4570, 4590, 4670, 4690. Whichever I could find for ~100.
I missed one on here because I forgot I messaged about it lol, and I messaged about another one and didn't get a reply.

those itx 970s pop up from time to time and sell for less than 200 bucks on ebay which is a decent deal considering the times...

I'm the kind of person that runs my 4790k at 4ghz to keep the voltage at 1.0v lol
I've got a 4790k that I'll sell you for a steal, but it's a bit of a gamble. PM me for details if you're interested.

Back