Eizo FlexScan EV2736W

Something about this display is bothering the hell out of my eyes, too. I even went ahead and turned down the brightness as low as it could go, switched to sRGB mode, still having issues. Image sharpness feels strange, it certainly doesn't look as clear as the EV2736W. Honestly, the weird eyestrain I'm experiencing right now feels a lot like PWM. That shouldn't be possible, unless I'm sensitive to 18khz PWM, but this feeling is awful; I can't focus on anything.

Also, the overdrive is shit. There's no other way to put it, the overshoot is pretty damn noticeable.

I'm debating whether or not I even want another. The AOC looks pretty cool at a 1/3 of a price, I might even buy two.

Something about this display is bothering the hell out of my eyes, too. I even went ahead and turned down the brightness as low as it could go, switched to sRGB mode, still having issues. Image sharpness feels strange, it certainly doesn't look as clear as the EV2736W. Honestly, the weird eyestrain I'm experiencing right now feels a lot like PWM. That shouldn't be possible, unless I'm sensitive to 18khz PWM, but this feeling is awful; I can't focus on anything.
That might be the wide gamut. Even in sRGB mode, because the pixels don't block all the light, you get a subtle haze that reflects the full gamut of the backlight.

I wear really strong glasses, so this subtle chromatic aberration means I can't use wide gamut without my eyes hurting. Maybe you're experiencing a similar problem.

Ugh, what a nightmare. The same thing actually happened to my first order with B&H as well. My monitor was double boxed, but it was in such horrible condition that most of the packaging tapes were missing, and you can practically reach in and touch the monitor.

Anyway, just to give you guys an update, my replacement came in about a week ago, and I'm pretty happy with it. There's no perceivable glow, no dead pixel. The manufacture date is 6/04/14.

That might be the wide gamut. Even in sRGB mode, because the pixels don't block all the light, you get a subtle haze that reflects the full gamut of the backlight.

I wear really strong glasses, so this subtle chromatic aberration means I can't use wide gamut without my eyes hurting. Maybe you're experiencing a similar problem.

Oh wow. I just took off my glasses and the issue doesn't seem to persist. I'm kind of surprised, I don't have that strong a prescription, but yeah that haze effect you're talking about is what I was getting.

Thanks for the heads up, that's a bit of a strange issue.

Ugh, what a nightmare. The same thing actually happened to my first order with B&H as well. My monitor was double boxed, but it was in such horrible condition that most of the packaging tapes were missing, and you can practically reach in and touch the monitor.

Anyway, just to give you guys an update, my replacement came in about a week ago, and I'm pretty happy with it. There's no perceivable glow, no dead pixel. The manufacture date is 6/04/14.

Could you the turn the monitor to it's side and take a glow picture like this.
I also had a 6/04/14 and it glowed all the same.

-------------------------

I think I'm going to double order the BL3200PT + Q2770QPU and see which I like best. My brand loyalty to Eizo hasn't been doing me any favors so far.

Ok, there's definitely some glow, but all things considered, I'm still pretty happy with it.

qrjfic.jpg

Now that this thread has been necro'd, paging Nikyo! How are you liking the CX271?

I played with a bit, but ended up returning it almost immediately after posting. The haze effect combined with the obvious overshoot that I mentioned earlier in the thread was far too much for me to handle. I also wasn't too happy with the incredibly obvious backlight bleed on a $1400 monitor.

I went on to purchase a BenQ BL3200PT and AOC Q2770PQU; great monitors, really. The BenQ came absolutely perfect - no backlight bleed, no dead pixels, and best of all no glow being an A-MVA panel and all. The AOC on the other hand...is pretty much identical to the EV2736W in just about every possible way; same calibrated contrast (930:1; mine seemed to calibrate better than than NCX's and TFTcentral's in this regard.), same sRGB gamut coverage, and of course, the exact same left-sided white corner-glow. After owning it, I'm 100% certain that the mysterious strongly glowing corner (which I notice even @ 90cm) is an eccentricity of newer manufactured PLS panels; there's no other explanation. It also has a very strong yellow tint after calibration which is quite off-putting.

I love the BenQ and all, but I'm still on the search for a decent IPS 27" 1440p monitor as the input lag and pixel response of the BenQ is extremely poor and not well suited to playing games; great for movies, though. I came upon the LG 27MB85R when NCX mentioned it in passing. It looks to have everything I want: low input lag (6.8 ms), excellent calibrated contrast, great color reproduction, and a low price ($540 @ B&H). I've since ordered two from B&H and while both had their problems, (the first one moreso than the second) it seems to be an all around pretty great monitor. I'm currently waiting on my third unit, which will hopefully be perfect so I can review it in a bit more depth, but you can check out my thoughts on the previous two over in this thread.

With any luck, my replacement should come Friday. If you're interested, be on the lookout and hopefully I can deliver some decent information this time around.

Hallo!

I have one year my EV2736W and all this time I didn't have any problem till now. I haven't changed anything at the settings and suddently I noticed that the brightness suddenlty goes darker (not very much) and I have to push again at the mode user1 (I have to go to user 2 and return to user1) so it will return to the brightness I have set (100%).

Any thoughts about this?

PS. DL-DVI or DisplayPort should I prefer to connect with the video card?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
So I found out that my "problem" has to do with auto ecoview.

One last question is, DL-DVI or DisplayPort should I prefer to connect the EIZO with the video card?

Last edited:
Technically there would be no discernible difference between the two connection methods. However, at one point there was a bug with nvidia GPUs where DP connections forced the display output to limited RGB (16-235) rather than expanded (0-255), resulting in a pretty washed out image. People say it's been corrected but I prefer to just stick with the DVI connection.

So I found out that my "problem" has to do with auto ecoview...

Correct,
I posted the following in post #101:

"Eizo support telephoned and advised me to set Eco View to OFF if you want to achieve optimal lighting.

I did that and all is fine now:
100% Brightness = 244 cd/m2
41% Brightness = 120 cd/m2

After calibrating to a target of: White Point D65 / 120 cd/m2 / Native Contrast Ratio / 2.20 Gamma I achieved 121 cd/m2 and a contrast ratio of 886:1 "

Last edited:
The EV2736W interest is mostly my fault since I started hyping it, but I did not know about the panel lottery, especially since most of the people I recommended them to a few months ago received glow free panels....

I communicated with you and Falconetti in the earlier posts of this thread. I was glad that you commended the EV2736 at the time that you did. I purchased mine May 2013 and it remains glow free and well performing.

Last edited:
I am in doubt whether i should get the EV2736 or the EV2750. I can get the EV2736 for €300 less.

Which one should i choose?

Back