Ebay rape!

He might as well sell it for a million bajillion dollars. That way if anyone buys one, he can retire. :rolleyes:

I like this part:

(Orders may not be in stock,please call to confirm availability!!)

like anyone's gonna buy it.

Hes prolly just some overpricing moron, hopefully noone is that stupid though.

Just about everything on ebay is like that unless you're buying from an individual. I guess there are lots of people who know about ebay but don't know that there are good online vendors that will have your item on your doorstep by the time those auctions close for a good bit less money.

Saying that they "may not be in stock" probably means "if anyone's stupid enough to buy this shit, I'll get one off NewEgg, reship it and make a $150 profit.

Item title: BFG Technologies GF 7800GTX 256MB PCIe (revised)
Quantity left: 81 available
Time left: 21 days, 2 hours 15 minutes 10 seconds
User ID Price Qty Date of Purchase
No purchases have been made.

none yet

Ouch. I used to buy at eBay thinking that prices were lower (this was years ago when I was a n00b to the internet market), but the only cheap stuff I got were 3rd party crap (like PS2 controllers, memory cards, etc). Sure they were low prices, but I got what I paid for. Retail stuff was almost always too expensive.

Wow, so the GTX is already at $469 eh? ATI's got some serious competition in terms of price now.

I sent one of the sellers an email asking why the price was/is so high on the 5950. What do you think he says? He has no idea or something screwy :confused:

I bought my Radeon 8500 from eBay in 2002 for a great price. Otherwise, buying from individuals is the only way to get it at a resonable cost.

I think that 5950 is even worse than the 7800! Wtf? man I would start selling on ebay if I didn't have a damn conscience.

You CAN get some pretty good deals on ebay if you look hard enough, but it takes time to find them. If this seller had started to sell the gtx he has about 2-3 months ago, he might have stood a chance imho... :rolleyes:

sculelos said:
Hes prolly just some overpricing moron, hopefully noone is that stupid though.
so by trying to make a profit off a not so smart consumer means hes a moron?

for the people who buy it, he will laugh all the way to the bank.......and you will sit there in awe...........remember me, along with many other people of these forums know enough about prices and computers to not get screwed.......so dont make fun of people because they do something you know is a mistake, when in fact youve prolly made many yourself
that people can say haha look at that n00b paying 2 grand over bluebook value of that car.......or what have you

soulsaver_8229

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
KrakenGuy said:
I feel so sorry for that guy who bought that box...
Request insurance and signature required. Instead of signing at the post office, refuse delivery because it's just an empty box. Reverse payment through PayPal while the postal inspectors play pattycakes with his head.

"Item not as described." The adhesive on the front means it's technically no longer new condition. Leave big honkin' nasty negative comment. :p

Zamboni said:
"Item not as described." The adhesive on the front means it's technically no longer new condition. Leave big honkin' nasty negative comment. :p
the item is listed as used.

Man, usually eBayers scam people my adding the word "box" in a more subtle place, and trick people easily. But this guy made it ridiculously clear that you'll only be buying the box. It's kind of sad the people don't read the descriptions.

Scamming people, no matter what, is wrong.

Taking advantage of another person is wrong.

The strong do not have a right to exploit the weak.

All i can say.

Heh, yea I guess people whom sell stuff for reducules prices are hopeing some noob will come and buy it from them, and don't get me wrong I have been stupid before, but at least that was only a 150$ mistake, and I learned to be more carefull.

KrakenGuy said:
XD

I feel so sorry for that guy who bought that box...
Same thing happened when the Xbox shipped. It's not a new thing anymore...

Warmonkey said:
Scamming people, no matter what, is wrong.

Taking advantage of another person is wrong.

The strong do not have a right to exploit the weak.

All i can say.

QFT...

but thats society

what goes around comes around...that guy will get his...but the n00b who bought it is also retarded...

I tried to sell an empty Lipton bottle onetime on Ebay. I think I also tried to auction off a date with my friend. Neither one sold, so I guess the people who shop on ebay aren't all idiots ;).

Ebay isn't all bad. I was able to get my nf7-s $20 cheaper than newegg. For some reason, though, it seems that video cards sell high.

Did the OP actually have a sexual act inflicted upon him/her with out his/her consent? If not, then it isn't anywhere near rape and the OP is stupid for using the term.

And if so....wrong forum.

ebay is great when you search in your own area at the lowest price.

Tiny said:
Did the OP actually have a sexual act inflicted upon him/her with out his/her consent? If not, then it isn't anywhere near rape and the OP is stupid for using the term.

And if so....wrong forum.
rape[size=-1]1[/size]
n.

1. The crime of forcing another person to submit to sex acts, especially sexual intercourse.
  2. The act of seizing and carrying off by force; abduction.
  3. Abusive or improper treatment; violation: a rape of justice.
its not only sexual. refrain from calling people stupid when you only partially know what you're talking about.

i think this would fall under "abusive or improper treatment; violation." the seller is taking advantage of ignorant ebayers.

Back