Ebay coupon?

Furious_Styles

Supreme [H]ardness
Has anyone received an ebay coupon (10+% off) during BF/CM? So far I haven't seen any and am starting to wonder if we will get one this season.

I got a account only 10% (max $50) off non-transferable coupon on ebay that expires in dec 18

Yeah a pair have come out for me since B/F. But they are targeted and not sharable and both currently expired.

Just got one today for 10%

fwiw

I generally wait for one of these before making large purchases as it atleast removes the newly added sales tax :(

but I agree... hoping for 15%-25% ones like before

Just got one today for 10%

fwiw

I generally wait for one of these before making large purchases as it atleast removes the newly added sales tax :(

but I agree... hoping for 15%-25% ones like before

I got the bucks one too. I'm seriously thinking we're not getting one this year and it's probably these douchebag activist investors who want to squeeze every penny out of ebay and thus make it a worse place than it already is.

...activist investors who want to squeeze every penny out of ebay and thus make it a worse place than it already is.
Thank you for posting this. I had no idea what an 'activist investor' was until right now. In my mind it was a cross between some treehugging activist and someone with money, but the reality is that is apparently someone with money that buys enough of a company that they think should be run differently and then forcing the company to run their way. Ie, I have enough money to build my own company, but I want to mess with yours instead. (n)

Thank you for posting this. I had no idea what an 'activist investor' was until right now. In my mind it was a cross between some treehugging activist and someone with money, but the reality is that is apparently someone with money that buys enough of a company that they think should be run differently and then forcing the company to run their way. Ie, I have enough money to build my own company, but I want to mess with yours instead. (n)

I am very happy you looked this up.... i was confused as well :D

I picked up 2*8G ddr3200-cas18 for laptop for $69 after bucks......apparently cas18 on ddr3200 is good for a laptop LOL

Since this thread seems to have some ebay users in it I've always wanted to ask someone who is familiar with ebay shenanigans this... Why on earth is soooooo much out there grossly overpriced? I mean if you find any currently sold in store items it's almost guaranteed to be like %10-%25 more expensive on Ebay vs just going to any local store and buying it for cheaper. I just don't understand, do people actually throw money away and buy stuff at those prices?

Even used stuff people seem to inflat prices so much it's mind boggling. I mean really, I'm going to save $15 buying some burnt out mining GPU vs just buying the same one brand new for $15 more... seriously I just don't get it lolol

Since this thread seems to have some ebay users in it I've always wanted to ask someone who is familiar with ebay shenanigans this... Why on earth is soooooo much out there grossly overpriced? I mean if you find any currently sold in store items it's almost guaranteed to be like %10-%25 more expensive on Ebay vs just going to any local store and buying it for cheaper. I just don't understand, do people actually throw money away and buy stuff at those prices?

Even used stuff people seem to inflat prices so much it's mind boggling. I mean really, I'm going to save $15 buying some burnt out mining GPU vs just buying the same one brand new for $15 more... seriously I just don't get it lolol
I think people have ebay bucks and ebay coupons regularly that they have to use or lose. Ever looked at gift cards. Want a $100 target gift card? People regularly pay $110 for it for example.

Ive heard people say its money laundering, since eBay hadn't historically tracked or taxed any purchases, but the scale seems too large for something that nefarious. You’ll rarely see something for more than 10% of what it’s worth which is what the coupons often are — both buyers and sellers get coupons... so I just think it’s coupon and ebay bucks related. The ebay bucks expire in like 90 days and gift cards to the most popular stores are the closest equivalent to a straight cash exchange, so they sell for about 10% over face value.

I think people have ebay bucks and ebay coupons regularly that they have to use or lose. Ever looked at gift cards. Want a $100 target gift card? People regularly pay $110 for it for example.

Ive heard people say its money laundering, since eBay hadn't historically tracked or taxed any purchases, but the scale seems too large for something that nefarious. You’ll rarely see something for more than 10% of what it’s worth which is what the coupons often are — both buyers and sellers get coupons... so I just think it’s coupon and ebay bucks related. The ebay bucks expire in like 90 days and gift cards to the most popular stores are the closest equivalent to a straight cash exchange, so they sell for about 10% over face value.

Ahh that makes sense if it's coupons and stuff people use so it's actually normal priced. Happy Holidays an Ebay'ing to you all.

A lot of times it is because people are used to checking the platform because they're gotten deals there before. I've been guilty of it--I check ebay and then regular and see that ebay is almost in line with regular pricing, but a lot of people can get caught in the fallacy that ebay will always be the cheapest and then it goes south from there...

I got the bucks one too. I'm seriously thinking we're not getting one this year and it's probably these douchebag activist investors who want to squeeze every penny out of ebay and thus make it a worse place than it already is.

America was a lot better country before we had a class of leeches who just make money off having money and suck the blood out of every company they can.

Back