EA Weak on Steam

Bdonedge

Gawd
Any speculation on what the next few days sales are going to be and which days specifically?

For those that don't know there is an EA sale on Steam this week, the first day was
Dragon Age
second day: Need For Speed
third day: The Sims

I predict that the next few days will be...

shit -- half off from overpriced

(love the title typo :D)

:(

I'm sure Mass Effect will go on sale, I am looking for a reason to buy it or not

These have all sucked.

I didn't even know The Sims was on Steam.

Dragon Age and Dragon Age: Origins was on sale. That definitely doesn't suck. Last year the EA sale (July 2010), Battlefield series went on sale, as well as crysis and some other cool stuff like Dead Space

Dragon Age and Dragon Age: Origins was on sale. That definitely doesn't suck. Last year the EA sale (July 2010), Battlefield series went on sale, as well as crysis and some other cool stuff like Dead Space

Eh, meant the deals.

The only one that would be good is the DA Ultimate pack, but I'm willign to wager most people already have DA.

I'll bite if Battlefield or Dead Space show up as decent bargains.

Last edited:
I read the title and thought that EA was, like, a little scrawny player on Steam or something? Week, not weak. ;)

BF3 on sale? lol

I read the title and thought that EA was, like, a little scrawny player on Steam or something? Week, not weak. ;)

BF3 on sale? lol

I would have multiple orgasms if BF3 went on sale. Not sure that I would be able to move for weeks lol...

LOL, finally see the spelling error. Didn't notice that. Spelling skills are weak, the sale is this WEEK. Whoops ;)

I'm expecting the recent Command and Conquer and Red Alert games, Medal of Honor and Dead Space to turn up. Maybe Battlefield Bad Company 2 as well.

in for a DA: Ultimate at $20

if Dead Space 2 gets to $20 I'll buy
if Crysis 2 gets to $30 I'll buy

I will buy medal of honor for 30 bucks and I will buy both Mass Effects for 30 bucks (total). That's all I got really

Im hoping for a super cheap BC2, and a moderate rebate on vietnam. Im only interested in BC2 hehe

The Mass Effect games are on sale.

I would suggest holding off on the Mass Effect 2 buys if you want all the DLC. Chances are a "Mass Effect Ultimate Edition" including all the DLC won't be too far away, given the last piece of DLC launched recently.

Still tryingto understand when exactly it was that I bought Mass effect and Mass effect 2. Think I was high or something. Have no real interest in playing either one.

Yeah I was hoping Crysis 2 might go for ~$30. I'd pick it up at that price. Ah well, I can wait.

I fucking hate steam sometimes, When I'm travelling I can't get in on these deals because it won't let me fucking buy games. It's so stupid. "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance." Somehow the region of the IP I'm logging in with is revelvant to them, because that's the only difference. I guess I'll have to set up a proxy at home next time I'm gone for a while.

I fucking hate steam sometimes, When I'm travelling I can't get in on these deals because it won't let me fucking buy games. It's so stupid. "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance." Somehow the region of the IP I'm logging in with is revelvant to them, because that's the only difference. I guess I'll have to set up a proxy at home next time I'm gone for a while.

Put in a support ticket and they'll let you access your region's games. When they had that HUGE winter sale back in 09 I was in Europe visiting family for the holidays and I put in a support ticket and 45 minutes later I was buying games. :)

Wonder if that it's a flag they just set on the account. Will have to do that then I guess. Not going to bother for Crysis though, I'm flying home today anyway.

edit: got home from Paris in time to buy the crysis complete package. Cost less than a bottle of water and a tired sandwich at the airport. :-\

Last edited:
Is Dead Space 2 worth $24 dollars? I thought the first one was interesting....yep, thats all I can say about it. It was interesting.

Is Dead Space 2 worth $24 dollars? I thought the first one was interesting....yep, thats all I can say about it. It was interesting.

DS 2 is easily worth it at that price IF you liked part 1. If you didn't, then there's nothing new for you in 2.

Cost less than a bottle of water and a tired sandwich at the airport. :-\

Haha, this is how I justify so many purchases on Steam. "Well, you spent more than that on a cheese burger so..."

I might be interested, if every EA game i'd Played in the past 10 years wasn't a rushed Money grabbing POS. (save DA:O but that was made before EA got their Grubby little hands on Bioware)
People say EA has gotten better, I say EA has bred a dumber consumer. the fact they are allowed to price games like crysis 2 and DA2 at $60 on the PC is OUTRAGEOUSNESS

oh well, back to lurking

Crysis and Warhead fail the cd key authentication process. Users will have to wait until next week for a fix. Are you all able to play the other EA games you bought? There is a 600+ post thread about this on SPUF.

LOL at myself spending = $$ on single ME2 DLC as whole game is going for on sale.

Weird, here in Aus Dead Space is $3.75 and DS2 is $42...

Yeah, I got interested when I saw DS2 for 40% off but then when I saw it was still $42 my opinion was basically "fuck that". Stupid regional pricing.

Back