EA Store Giant Sale tons of games for $5

piscian18

[H]F Junkie
http://store.origin.com/store/ea/html/pbpage.summersale?ClickID=doys2sh2whchnxmrhwbzsmhyzk0shy0w2yxk

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/html/pbpage.hotdeals?ClickID=bkglmlqmdqfq6vysqdnulyqgue1lqg1dmgve

Get ready for a huge summer game sale from Origin Powered by EA. For three days only select PCDD games will be available for only $4.99. That's not all though, Origin Powered by EA is also offering 40% off select console games plus free Need for Speed Shift. Trust us; this is one sale you do not want to miss!

Select PCDD Games for $4.99

Titles include: MySims™ Battlefield Bad Company™ 2 Spore™ Plus many more titles!

Save 40% on Select Console Games + Free Need for Speed Shift

Titles include: The Sims™ 3 Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 12: The Masters® NBA Jam Plus many more titles!

Before you bother Medal of honor is $20. LOl at how much EA hates us :D

I wish I needed some of those games, but I own 70% of them, and the others I have no interest in. Really want to try out Origins.

+1 for spelling on EA's part
Need for Speed™ Hot Persuit

Spell check was outsourced to India. For approval, EA did not consult with spell-check nazis first. It would have made these deals you see before you ----rather impossible.

I wouldn't call that "tons". But they do have some interesting titles in there.

So these work in steam, right?

might pickup mirrors edge to remember that game it's been awhile.

Is it worth grabbing Battlefield 2 Complete Collection at this point? I never played it, :eek: .

I'll have to check this out when I get home. Might be interested to get Sim City

So these work in steam, right?

might pickup mirrors edge to remember that game it's been awhile.

Steam will start them but it wont keep track of them or any other features. Basically it'll just be a launcher.

Steam will start them but it wont keep track of them or any other features. Basically it'll just be a launcher.

I meant it more as stem vs. origin stab, but thanks for the info anyway.

Is it worth grabbing Battlefield 2 Complete Collection at this point? I never played it, :eek: .

Kind of wondering this too.

Battlefield 2142™ Deluxe Edition
Battlefield 2™: Complete Collection
Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2
Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2: Vietnam

Burnout™ Paradise The Ultimate Box

Command & Conquer™ 3: Kane’s Wrath
Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars™
Command & Conquer™ 4 Tiberian Twilight
Command & Conquer™ Red Alert™ 3: Uprising
Command & Conquer™ Red Alert™ 3

Create™

Littlest Pet Shop™

Medal of Honor™ Hot Zone Map Pack
Medal of Honor Airborne™

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames™

Mirror’s Edge™

MySims™

Need for Speed™ Carbon Collector’s Edition
Neef for Speed™ Undercover
Need for Speed™ ProStreet

SimCity™ Societies
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition

SPORE™
SPORE™ Creepy & Cute Parts Pack
SPORE™ Creature Creator

The Sims™ 2 Apartment Life
The Sims™ 2 FreeTime
The Sims™ 2 Seasons
The Sims™ 2 Double Deluxe
The Sims™ 2 Bon Voyage
The Sims™ 2 Apartment Life
The Sims™ 2 Glamour Life Stuff
The Sims™ 2 Best of Business Collection
The Sims™ 2 University Life Collection
The Sims™ 2 Pet Stories
The Sims™ 2 Castaway Stories
The Sims™ 2 Life Stories

Might gift Spore to a nephew or neice.

Let me guess, they haven't put Black & White / Black & White 2 up on this sale, nor even on the service. :(

That's probably one of the few ways they may actually get me to use it, too.

Let me guess, they haven't put Black & White / Black & White 2 up on this sale, nor even on the service. :(

That's probably one of the few ways they may actually get me to use it, too.

Yeah I'd be up for B&W also...

Maybe spore.. hmm dunno...

Didnt want to install Origin, but BF Vietnam for 5 bucks made me do it. Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: It isnt showing up. Payment has been processed, but I'm not able to download. Talk about shitty navigation. Even at that, following all the links they tell me to, it shows I have no purchases.

Last edited:
Didnt want to install Origin, but BF Vietnam for 5 bucks made me do it. Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: It isnt showing up. Payment has been processed, but I'm not able to download. Talk about shitty navigation. Even at that, following all the links they tell me to, it shows I have no purchases.
Vietnam isn't going to show up. It's linked to your game via your EA account info and will be enabled in BFBC2 when you click the "Vietnam" button.

I can't find my original copy of BF2, does anyone still play that anymore? I'm definitely going to pick up BC2: Vietnam.

YMMV but I played BF2 up until about 3 months ago. Started playing more BC2 at that point, playing a bit more BF3 Alpha now...For $5 it's a pretty good game still imo.

Are any of those Need For Speed titles worth getting?

I haven't played a good NFS game since the days before 3d acceleration was invented. If you wanted to drive a blue Lambo, you got a 9-sided Lambo-shaped polygon that was blue. Pure blue. Those games were epic :D

Yeah I'd be up for B&W also...

Maybe spore.. hmm dunno...

I had such a hard on for Spore when it came out, then I played it, and seemed a lot of what was promised was missing (don't ask what it came out a long time ago and I'm not going to remember every detail of being disappointed :D), it can be fun though, then the space stage comes about and initially seems like the coolest thing since sliced bread then fuck me sideways it is the most tedious thing since slicing bread!

Hopefully Mirror's Edge sells well, so we can get that sequel! :D

Do people still play BF 2142? I stuck with BF2 when it was released, since it wasn't really well received.

Definitely going to go over these when I get home tonight.

For $5 a piece I will probably be picking up a few of these.

I guess the Sale makes sense just got this email
Introducing Origin, powered by EA
The name of your EA account has changed. Going forward, your EA account will be called an Origin™ account. Your login and password are the same, and all EA account information is in your Origin account.

Origin is EA's new gaming platform where you can find, purchase and download all the best content from EA. It's your digital playground for EA games and exclusive content.

The Origin application is available for download at www.origin.com. This desktop application will allow you to connect with friends, and see what they are playing. You can also manage your games library and digitally download and play games from EA.

Guess they are really trying to push Origin.

Mercs 2 wasn't that bad of a game though watch the Zero Punctuation review of it.

jumped on Battlefield 2 BC2 and Vietnam. Giving back a little to whom I have taken so much. Tough to pass up at that price.

I am getting Burnout Paradise. I played so much of it on Xbox 360 but I can justify $5 for the PC version.

Red Alert 3 says you can get $5 off if you buy it with the expansion.. currently chatting with customer support because it isn't taking it off when I go to checkout.

So yeah, $5 for RE3 and the expansion :)

Hopefully Mirror's Edge sells well, so we can get that sequel! :D

Do people still play BF 2142? I stuck with BF2 when it was released, since it wasn't really well received.

Hah to both questions, I think they dumped the servers for BF2142, a couple of years after it was launched.

And it's a bit late for them to look at getting a green light on the sequel, I sold my PS3 copy of that game I was so bored.

I thought the Origin service was clunky, and purely for DRM purposes, all this talk of purchasing issues, and failed discounts seems to be proving that theory, only have it because the wife downloaded Alice 2 through Amazon, now there's a service that works, as well as STEAM.

Hmmm... jumped on BF:BC2 thinking it would add to Steam. I don't want to bother with the Origins system. Might just eat the $5, I dunno.

Red Alert 3 says you can get $5 off if you buy it with the expansion.. currently chatting with customer support because it isn't taking it off when I go to checkout.

So yeah, $5 for RE3 and the expansion :)

Well, they ended up adding RE3 to my library for free and giving me a couple of 15% discount codes since they had no idea why it wasn't giving me the $5 discount. It was also charging me tax even though I live in Alabama, which is not on the list of places that are charged tax for digintal downloads.

Not sure it was worth the hassle, but I got BFBC2, Vietnam, RE3(which I actually have a physicall copy of already), and Uprising for $13.74...

Plus i have an extra 15% off code to use at some point in the future.

Bought BC2, needed a digital copy, since I lost the physical copy key. I find it sooner or later.
It good to have the game on Origin now.

I bought The Sims 2 DD since I lost one of the CD's and I want to be able to play without the game CD in the drive.

Spell check was outsourced to India. For approval, EA did not consult with spell-check nazis first. It would have made these deals you see before you ----rather impossible.

This cannot be Indians tend to spell better than Americans, must be out sourced to China.

Back