EA....in a nuts shell.......

The video was hilarious until they made the Origin-Steam comparison. Steam is still the goliath in that marketplace.

The video was hilarious until they made the Origin-Steam comparison. Steam is still the goliath in that marketplace.

yes they are . But i think they tried to showed us how they try to push origin.

They got way to preachy with the legs flying every where and Gabe being under 350lb

This is all BIG game companies.. EA is far from the only one. Valve, Activision, Bethesda could all be added to it.

incoming Valve defense force.. lets see who bites first.

This is all BIG game companies.. EA is far from the only one. Valve, Activision, Bethesda could all be added to it.

incoming Valve defense force.. lets see who bites first.

True, the boxart kinda gives a nod to Activision (Call of Duty). I also like the jab at IGN. Someone should send this to Steve for the front page.

It basically just describes any publisher. That's what they do, they give money to developers to make a game with the goal of taking a portion of the profits to make money themselves. EA, or any other publisher, aren't in the business of giving away money for nothing.

pretty damn funny. yes this typically describes "most" publishers -- but i think most will agree EA has to be one of the worst, if not THE worst, offender.

It basically just describes any publisher. That's what they do, they give money to developers to make a game with the goal of taking a portion of the profits to make money themselves. EA, or any other publisher, aren't in the business of giving away money for nothing.

The problem is when the publisher/label/studio gets involved (read: "buys") with the artistic process. Hence the junk that flows out. It's the idea that they have to have record profits, all the time, every time. Give a small studio $1m and they get a return of $5m? Not enough, let's remove some content and make it day 1 DLC!

So many great game studios have been killed by Ubisoft/EA/Activision.

This video would have made more sense if EA was switched with Activision. Origin being some kind of giant ocean fairing cargo ship that was the marketing "hype" machine was the best part about this video. Many gaming companies are guilty of lots of parts of this video.

Funny video though , I love Garry's mod , just endlessly fun.

The problem is when the publisher/label/studio gets involved (read: "buys") with the artistic process. Hence the junk that flows out.
It does suck a bit, but at the same time I can understand them wanting to push developers a bit, you don't want a studio pulling a DNF and having a shitty game in development for 12 years that you're funding.
It's the idea that they have to have record profits, all the time, every time. Give a small studio $1m and they get a return of $5m? Not enough, let's remove some content and make it day 1 DLC!
Yeah I think it's a mix of publishers over investing in games and games in general costing too much to make. Look at Bulletstorm, it "flopped", but not because it didn't sell well, still had half a million to a million sales in the first month which is a decent amount of revenue, but they were projecting 4.5 million and stated that the game didn't make them any money, so clearly the development and advertising costs outstripped the ok-but-not-phenomenal sales.

Publishers aren't giving 1 million dollars and being unhappy with 5 million return, they're giving 20+ million to develop a game and 20+ million to advertise it then being unhappy when it only pulls in 30-50 million. $1 million gets you no where, it'd pay the wages of 10 people for a year and a half with no computers or office to work in that they need to produce a game that no one knows about and no one would buy because it's not advertised anywhere.

Back