• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Ea games DONE IT AGAIN :)

Hupo

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 14, 2005
Messages
1,399
Well I cant play BF2 anymore due to there shitastic 2.3 patch, I love the fact that my game I spent 50 dollars on is totally useless. Thanks ea games *Long, steady middle finger towards the BF2 box*
 
all ea games suck... i rememer the days when fifa and madden were the best. they somehow also ruined need for speed :(
 
they make good games except its like they rush though them and make one game after the other. Christ.
 
I have to admit that I've had a lot more problems since I installed the 1.3 patch. Before I hardly ever had any major problems. I mean before 1.3 I can only remember a couple of times that the game actually crashed to the desktop. Now, after 1.3, I bet it crashes back to the desktop about 1 out of every 3 or 4 times I start up the game. What really sucks is that for me it doesn't crash right away. It waits until I click on the "Join Game" button then it crashes.

For me and my two older boys who play Battlefield 2 it's still a very fun game however. We will continue to play until either we can't because patches really mess it up or newer games like it come out. In other words, BF2142 and Quake Wars are what we are waiting for.
 
pigpen said:
Blame Dice, EA publishes.

No I believe EA are the ones that are controlling Dice though. They just dont give them enough time and wants these games out so they can make money faster. EA brought out Dice.

Valve would be a example though of this. EA only publishes Valve games. They have no say on what they want and when they want it.
 
I'm still wondering if anyone at anytime ever got MoH: Pacific Assault to work.

Never would run on my system (nor on tons of other peoples systems)

Awesome coding, EA.
 
1.3's perfect for me, and everyone else I know.
Maybe we're just not all spanners.

HOHOHO NOSRY WAT I MENT WAS OMFG EA I HAET YUP UR PATCH IS BROKED MY GAEM N I DN WNA FIGUR OUT HW 2 FIX IT KEKE?
 
Wally said:
1.3's perfect for me, and everyone else I know.
Maybe we're just not all spanners.

HOHOHO NOSRY WAT I MENT WAS OMFG EA I HAET YUP UR PATCH IS BROKED MY GAEM N I DN WNA FIGUR OUT HW 2 FIX IT KEKE?


/Smack
 
Fact: EA is gay
Fact: People still enjoy playing BF2, its a fun game.
Fact: Gay people will buy 2142
Fact: i'm done
 
GJohn said:
Fact: EA is gay
Fact: People still enjoy playing BF2, its a fun game.
Fact: Gay people will buy 2142
Fact: i'm done

/Praise

WhyYouLoveMe said:
Oh, look, another EA bashing thread. The shock of it all! :rolleyes:

/Smack
 
EA has some great games under it's belt.
But it's just they don't work. Then the patch comes out and other problems show up.

EA just needs to relax the rushed games.
 
Paithar said:
I have to admit that I've had a lot more problems since I installed the 1.3 patch. Before I hardly ever had any major problems. I mean before 1.3 I can only remember a couple of times that the game actually crashed to the desktop. Now, after 1.3, I bet it crashes back to the desktop about 1 out of every 3 or 4 times I start up the game. What really sucks is that for me it doesn't crash right away. It waits until I click on the "Join Game" button then it crashes.

For me and my two older boys who play Battlefield 2 it's still a very fun game however. We will continue to play until either we can't because patches really mess it up or newer games like it come out. In other words, BF2142 and Quake Wars are what we are waiting for.

Same here. I have to wait a few minutes for it to load, only to have it crash. It could be a vent issue but I don't really know. All that crashing is a major turn off to gameplay. Once I get a CTD, I just don't play BF2 for the day.
 
Majin said:
EA has some great games under it's belt.
But it's just they don't work. Then the patch comes out and other problems show up.

EA just needs to relax the rushed games.

Well said!!! Dont think anyone can say it better than that.
 
ValeX said:
EA has nothing to do with QuakeWars righht?

Nope that is ID.

IMO, ID and Valve are the only 2 companies that take there time and always deliver.
 
EA IS just the publisher. The whole "they rushed dice" thing is kind of too old to use. So when should this game have come out since it's still not completely fixed almost if not a year later?

OP, while annoying I'm sure it's your patching order. See if you can patch it up to 1.22 and then either apply a full or incrementers to get it to 1.3 from there. Worked for another guy on his vanilla. If you have other expansions let us know as it will modify patch order. Good Luck.
 
Lazy_Moron said:
Nope that is ID.

IMO, ID and Valve are the only 2 companies that take there time and always deliver.

Well, just a publisher again. Actually I don't know what the proper term for that relationship is. It's ID's intellectual property. Splash Damage of ET fame is making the game. All the more reason to think it will be good. :)
 
texuspete00 said:
EA IS just the publisher. The whole "they rushed dice" thing is kind of too old to use. So when should this game have come out since it's still not completely fixed almost if not a year later?

OP, while annoying I'm sure it's your patching order. See if you can patch it up to 1.22 and then either apply a full or incrementers to get it to 1.3 from there. Worked for another guy on his vanilla. If you have other expansions let us know as it will modify patch order. Good Luck.


Um EA is not just a publisher. EA owns Dice. Thus they have control over there projects and when they want them completed. BF2 should of came out this spring or even this summer. Its fun, im not going to lie about that. But the textures are horrible IMO and there still a good amount of bugs in it. Im sure there are probably a good amount of optimizations that can be done to the game also.

I know graphics dont make a game, but the textures just really look immature, and yes I run everything on high. I like the gameplay. One of the few games that provides the intense gameplay BF2 does.
 
I have a variety of issues starting up with 1.3. Sometimes the splash screen will just hang will still viewing the desktop. I get a decent number of CTD's immediately after the EA logo and a correspondingly similar number of CTDs immediately after joining a game.

It seems as if once I get a min or two in a server I don't get very many CTDs (although there are still plenty of sever crashes and lost connections)

Just an FYI, never use power management on your hard drives and try to run BF2 (freezes everytime for me).
 
Well valve and there CSS updates are kind of crappy. Im glad that my favorites are back, but others still have problems with that.
 
DICE is incomptent. The way I see it, they could verify all client data with a MD5 check in ~25, 30s using the standard algorithm written in ASM, on a slow ass P4. But noooooooooooo, they have to fuck it up by making it sloooow as hell.
 
Lazy_Moron said:
Um EA is not just a publisher. EA owns Dice. Thus they have control over there projects and when they want them completed. BF2 should of came out this spring or even this summer. Its fun, im not going to lie about that. But the textures are horrible IMO and there still a good amount of bugs in it. Im sure there are probably a good amount of optimizations that can be done to the game also.

I know graphics dont make a game, but the textures just really look immature, and yes I run everything on high. I like the gameplay. One of the few games that provides the intense gameplay BF2 does.

Well, I would think a lot of my point would still stand. If you really think it should just be coming out now........ well, ok. Armies of BF !!!!!!s disagree. They just can't get it perfect, it seems. Time to stop blaming EA. We know they are the corporation every teen gamer loves to hate, but wtf, they are running a business. A year has past, blame someone else.
 
EA is controlling dice ... so Dice is EA...

EA is the cancer of gaming...
 
rfwinters77 said:
I'm still wondering if anyone at anytime ever got MoH: Pacific Assault to work.

Never would run on my system (nor on tons of other peoples systems)

Awesome coding, EA.


MOHPA runs great for me. Play multiplayer everyday without 1 issue. :)
 
Hupo said:
Indeed my friend :D I call a truce. Back to the subject!!111111111111111

I forgot what it is.

(in the interest of keeping that statement humurous I will not read the OP) :D
 
WhyYouLoveMe said:
I forgot what it is.

(in the interest of keeping that statement humurous I will not read the OP) :D


:D Man we are bored!


EA GAMES SUCKS
 
Back
Top