• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

EA Extends Offer for Take-Two

Tim

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
May 4, 2000
Messages
5,176
In a completely different hostile take over bid from the one getting the most press, EA has extended the time frame of its unsolicited bid for the makers of Grand Theft Auto.

The Redwood City company's bid for Take-Two, based in New York, remains $2 billion. That represents $25.74 a share, diluted from $26 a share following a change in Take-Two's stock incentive plan that allows for the issuance of 1.5 million additional restricted shares to Take-Two's management firm, ZelnickMedia.
 
I don't really care for much that has come from the Take-Two umbrella, GTA aside, so I'm not really bothered with either outcome. But it would be earthshaking news in the gaming world, if EA managed to scoop up their sports competition in this bid.
 
I haven't bought an EA game since bf2...

please don't ruin another company EA... you've done enough harm in my opinion
 
If EA gets a hold of T2 - it means we'll see a GTA game ever year... and thats not good.

God, it pains me to see PC version of Mass Effect with EA stamp on it.
 
Ugh. I don't want EA to ruin yet another decent game company. Origin and Westwood weren't enough?!
 
I don't really care for much that has come from the Take-Two umbrella, GTA aside, so I'm not really bothered with either outcome. But it would be earthshaking news in the gaming world, if EA managed to scoop up their sports competition in this bid.

No alternative major sports titles would really be the biggest fallout for gamers if this merger did happen.
 
Jesus, EA is like AIDS, the sickness that never goes away... When will Sony buy them out so they can ruin each other into oblivion?
 
True enough. EA has got a terrible track record.

They buy companies and then run great quality products into the ground.
 
The bottom line is that EA got this big by people buying their crap games. I mean honestly, if people would stop throwing $60 each year just to have some new animations or control tweaks in the latest Madden, NCAA, NHL, NBA, Tiger Woods, etc., that would cut a huge portion of their revenues off and they might be more focused on creating better games than the crap they put out each year.

I still say the finest football game ever made was ESPN NFL2K5 and that was on a last gen console!
 
RIP Westwood, I never got to say goodbye :(

damn EA and their monopolies. Somebody put an end to this!!
 
They want to buy them now because of one thing about to happend GTA$ (opps I held shift on 4) :D
 
Back
Top