EA Expects 10M PS4, Xbox One Consoles To Ship By March

HardOCP News

[H] News
During an earnings conference call yesterday, EA's COO Peter Moore said that the company expects the PS4 and the Xbox One to sell a combined total of 10 million consoles by March.

When I talked to our friends at both Sony and Microsoft, and I'm trying to get some indications in the numbers that are going to be available for sale by the end of our fiscal year on March 31 and I aggregate them, I think I can squint and see 10 million units combined, very easily. Both Sony and Microsoft are proposing that this could be their best launches ever as regards their production numbers and their ability to globalize this business quickly.

I... dunno. To sell that many, I would have thought they'd have better exclusive titles coming out in that period.

10 million loser lemmings marching off that overpriced under performing cliff :p

Consoles are for children.

Zarathustra[H];1040330326 said:
10 million loser lemmings marching off that overpriced under performing cliff :p

Consoles are for children.

Lol .. this is funny because it's so ... false.

what? no fanboys posting what they believe the xbox:ps4 ratio is going to be? hmm

That's quite optimistic.

I thought so too, but he did say ship, not sell.

The ps3/march looked to have sold 6 million combined from launch through March, but shipped quite a bit more than that.

They can ship as many units as they want but I think more people will be sticking with their 360/PS3 for quite a while longer especially with so many great titles available and still coming.

I thought so too, but he did say ship, not sell.

The ps3/march looked to have sold 6 million combined from launch through March, but shipped quite a bit more than that.

Oh, that's right. That wouldn't bee too hard. It's getting them off the shelf that can be tricky.

3:2 in favor of Sony

Only because of price and larger release areas. The US market alone is going to give MS over half of their numbers. I expect a slight shift in user base between the two with Sony picking up 10% more market share here in the States. Microsoft however will still be in the lead by a descent amount.

New consoles will always break sales records as they becomes more accessible. There's a game for everyone these days, from RPGs to dancing and fitness game (lol).

RPG at launch? When has that happened with non Nintendo consoles lol.

really, who cares other than some EA and console manufacturer execs. they will sell something between an assload and a metric fuckton of units, so what.

I will be holding out for as long as I can.

First to figure out how each console compare in real life vs specs.

Second gameplay is going to be similar while they are still dual releasing titles so new isn't as tempting as it used to be.

Third my GF would kill me if she didn't have all her lego titles available... maybe they will re-release or make available via stores or something.

I will be holding out for as long as I can.

First to figure out how each console compare in real life vs specs.

Second gameplay is going to be similar while they are still dual releasing titles so new isn't as tempting as it used to be.

Third my GF would kill me if she didn't have all her lego titles available... maybe they will re-release or make available via stores or something.

I will be holding out indefinitely. :p

Last console I owned was the 8bit NES which I gave up on when I turned 10, 23 years ago and got my first PC, a 286, after which there was no going back.

Ever since I've considered consoles the "short bus" of gaming.

During an earnings conference call yesterday, EA's COO Peter Moore said that the company expects the PS4 and the Xbox One to sell a combined total of 10 million consoles by March.

Considering all the comments over on Sony's blog that [H] linked to above about their launch, a lot of folks are PISSED, I'd say EA's statements at this point are total garbage - unless things radically change between now and Nov 15th, which still can.

Considering all the comments over on Sony's blog that [H] linked to above about their launch, a lot of folks are PISSED, I'd say EA's statements at this point are total garbage - unless things radically change between now and Nov 15th, which still can.

Whoops, my bad, it says a total between BOTH MS, and SONY. Hrmm. well, then I speculate that if nothing changes by launch for Sony those numbers will be skewed in MS's favor. :D

Well, considering Sony doesn't have DLNA support, they definitely lost at least one sale.

And WTF is up with not having Blu-Ray support out of the box?

And WTF is up with not having Blu-Ray support out of the box?

They are probably thinking - just like Ms in Windows 8 - that optical media are dying format for most, and that streaming will be the way people get their content going forward.

There will always be a small enthusiast community looking for the higher quality video/audio that bluray, but they are going to be a small minority, and most people will just stream stuff.

Optimistic, but we'll find out soon enough. I have owned (and still have) nearly every single console released since the NES, but I have absolutely zero interest in this upcoming generation right now. I still get plenty of use out of my PS3 (media duties) and 360 (when those rare gaming opportunities arise), not to mention I have a pretty nice PC and a powerful laptop. I have nothing against console gaming like some people here, I'm just not feeling the upgrade itch or a sense of urgency for the first time ever...

Doesn't mean squat for EA though, unless they get something for partly designing the Xbox dOne OS, which might answer why there are unconfirmed (note I said unconfirmed, which means not necessarily true) reports of the OS being a POS.

Back