EA Downloader and issues with....

Moose777

2[H]4U
the one and only game I've bought from EA using the downloader.

Here is the back story. On September 17th 2007 I purchased through the EA downloader BF2: Euro Force, installed the game, played it on Tactical Gamer for several months then moved.

I got married, didn't have internet untill this past fall. I updated Win XP to Win Vista several months ago. This past weekend I reinstalled BF2 using my physical discs and then subsequently reinstalled Euro Force via the EA downloader in hopes of playing again.

BF2:EF re-installs, I can see the levels in my BF2 folders and in game however when I click on any of the in game maps it tells me I have not purchased the game and must re-purchase it.

As a result I've contacted EA about how to resolve this issue and they are asking for my BF2:EF CD key and or Registration code. I can't find it, since it is a digital copy I don't have a copy. I used to, but since moving and getting married the paper copy of the code / key has been lost. Is there somewhere in the BF2 folders where this information is stored? Or in my EA account somewhere?

I have a funny feeling though I'm pretty much fucked though. Any ides would be appreciated.

PS:Valve and STEAM are so much better than EA and its' EA Downloader.

I see two issues here

I got married,

This

BF2:EF re-installs, I can see the levels in my BF2 folders and in game however when I click on any of the in game maps it tells me I have not purchased the game and must re-purchase it.

As a result I've contacted EA about how to resolve this issue and they are asking for my BF2:EF CD key and or Registration code. I can't find it, since it is a digital copy I don't have a copy. I used to, but since moving and getting married the paper copy of the code / key has been lost. Is there somewhere in the BF2 folders where this information is stored? Or in my EA account somewhere?

And you lost your key, EA doesn't keep a copy, your SOL unless you find that somewhere. Get yourself something like Keepass and keep you keys in there.

And steam sucks if you read the monster thread lol

Been down a similar road myself. I had BF2 with AF already for myself. I buy the complete edition for my son and during the install it asks me for my email addy and I don't understand clearly what is going to happen so I enter it in. Now I have two AF's on my BF2 and EF. My son has nothing.

I submit ticket, I get a sorry, nothing we can do for you.

Been down a similar road myself. I had BF2 with AF already for myself. I buy the complete edition for my son and during the install it asks me for my email addy and I don't understand clearly what is going to happen so I enter it in. Now I have two AF's on my BF2 and EF. My son has nothing.

I submit ticket, I get a sorry, nothing we can do for you.
If this truely is the case, then EA just lost yet another customer.

I know, I know, they won't care. But I'll feel better.

Why, cause you lost your key, thats kinda dumb (but i don't blame you lol)

No, not because I lost my key. Because if EA had any loyalty to their customer base they'd just go ahead and issue me a new key.

Hell, even Microsoft will issue you a new key if you've reinstalled your copy of Windows on your machine. EA should do the same.

No, not because I lost my key. Because if EA had any loyalty to their customer base they'd just go ahead and issue me a new key.

Hell, even Microsoft will issue you a new key if you've reinstalled your copy of Windows on your machine. EA should do the same.

MS will only do that if you have a "previous" key that is not not able to be activated.

No company is "required" to give you a key that you lost, wow some people just expect everything be given to them with no sense of responsibility.

It is obvious if support could see on my BF2 soldier's account, there is two AF keys and one EU key. I am not making lieing about what I did that was the evidence. But I guess it's too much to say here ya go loyal purchaser of our games since 1984, here is two more keys and please be careful this time and read the instructions.

Anyways, I won't be using the EA Downloader service. I will look forward to buying EA games off of Steam though.

MS will only do that if you have a "previous" key that is not not able to be activated.

No company is "required" to give you a key that you lost, wow some people just expect everything be given to them with no sense of responsibility.
Yes, but the point is, THEY WILL issue you a new key. MS will look at your old key, they verify you own the key and the copy of MS and they issue a new key. MS understands that if they don't support their customers they will most likely lose you to MAC (Apple) or to Linux. Whether or not they care about losing one customer with a billion other is another story.

Its along the same lines with EA and a missing key. I am not able to activate my copy of BF2:EF because I am missing the key. EA has proof I bought the game, they have proof I own the game. If they want my business, they will give me a second key to activate a game I already own.

You're right, no company is "required" to support their customers. They do it because they don't want to lose the $$$$ when the customer says, "Hey, fuck you. I can get it someplace else."

All I'm saying is that I'd like to play my copy of BF2:EF. Yes, I lost my key. It was an accident, things happen. If EA supports me as a loyal customer then great. If not......well....

Its along the same lines with EA and a missing key. I am not able to activate my copy of BF2:EF because I am missing the key. EA has proof I bought the game, they have proof I own the game. If they want my business, they will give me a second key to activate a game I already own.

I agree with you its BS, but here is the Kicker.

If you "lost" you BF2 key, you have NO proof except maybe a receipt (no proof of Key)

So how the hell are they suppose to know which key to disable?

you probably didn't install the game in the correct order. BF2 is a PITA about how you install it.

Heck EA had to create a support Q/A for how to do it. It's not done correctly you will get crazy issues like this. Happens with 2142 as well. I'm pretty sure you didn't lose EF but you will need uninstall/reinstall

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=14323

You CAN get your keys back as well through EA

http://support.ea.com
click login and login
then click my games
login again
confirm password
click on my games.

It will list keys there.

I tried that, for some stupid reason it wasn't listing the key for EF. It did show the game but it wasn't listing the key for it.

Kipper, there is proof that I own the game, if it shows up in my account on their site and then EA can go back into their computers to see when it was purchased by me, then there is their proof.

At any rate, I just got an email back from EA on this matter. They told me they made some changes to my account and reissued me a new key. So, I'm happy that I'll be able to play Euro Force today.

Kipper, there is proof that I own the game, if it shows up in my account on their site and then EA can go back into their computers to see when it was purchased by me, then there is their proof.

Ahh, sorry bout that, shows how much i game lately.

Its all good. I really didn't think they'd give me a new key, I thought they were going to tell me that I had to repurchase it to get a new key.

I'm glad it worked out. Thanks for the help guys.

**EDIT**

Wow. I'm really impressed with EA Support. I had three different accounts with them, one for BF2 another one for Spore and a third for some other game that I no longer have. They went ahead and combined all of my accounts into one. Certainly makes things easier now. :)

Back