E8500 test

centvalny

2[H]4U
Sub 10s with untweaked SP1m, Cooled with CM Gemini HSF (air), 1.496Vcore with Asus Maximus Formula..

screenshot015xq3.jpg

screenshot013od5.jpg

Impressive, for air. By sub 10, do you mean... -10°C? And is that max clock, or max FSB? It looks like max FSB to me.

And where the hell do you get your hands on ES chips... They always seem better, for whatever reason.

dumo, good to see you're still here, that's a pretty nice time for air. how's she do with some stronger cooling? :cool:

i also spy some teamgroup back there. opb special? :D

Leman, look at the time. sub 10 seconds ;)

Anyone know what ram is being used here i see its DDR2 but what size and who's

Holy mother batman!!! I want one! 4.8GHz on Air.. son-of-aaaaa :eek:

I want one soon.

Ok number 1 question going through everyones mind I know is. What are your load temps and what is your ambient (saw 26c in one of the screens). Also what is the stable time of these OCs? What is the config the of ram? Just 2x1gb, 2x2gb?

GeminII is super high on the list of Price/Performance, given you picked it up when it was FAR, or close (mine was $8 shipped AR). How much does a TRUE cost again.... :rolleyes:

Point taken. The TRUE 120 is fairly expensive. Although, it would seem to be smaller and do a better job than the Gemini. The TRUE is more tall than anything, which for today's motherboards with huge chipset heatsinks and whatnot, the TRUE is a bit more compatible. Very worth it to be for a few extra bucks.

Ok number 1 question going through everyones mind I know is. What are your load temps and what is your ambient (saw 26c in one of the screens). Also what is the stable time of these OCs? What is the config the of ram? Just 2x1gb, 2x2gb?

QFT

Boot up @ 550

screenshot089mb6.jpg

Lavalys trial...

screenshot115yw0.jpg

screenshot120yy7.jpg

Still going with SS and unmoded 3870X2...

screenshot021ps7.jpg

X2 Memory up a bit..

screenshot027yc1.jpg

E 8400 retail........ here with max. formula.

Think this is maxed...so far:(

My ddr2 rams don't want to climb higher...

screenshot216vj4.jpg

I dont dare use those voltages yet!
It will be interesting if anyone can report how long the overclocks remain stable like weeks later.
I got 4.35GHz on my E8400 @ 1.5V and sooo want to know if its safe to keep that or push further.
With a 120 Extreme cooler, I had 35C delta to go on Coretemp, so not out of headroom :)

Wow, you guys are what this place is all about. Hats off to you! :cool:

Back