• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

e8400 on stock cooler

vict0r

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
1,027
whats the highest people have gotten while overclocking the cpu with stock cooler? whats something reliable,with alright temps? Am just wondering to know what to aim for while being on stock cooling...

thanks
 
I have a ac freezer 7 pro BNIB of you are interested send me a pm
 
You can prolly get 3.6 with a tiny voltage bump w/ stock and decent airflow.
 
You can prolly get 3.6 with a tiny voltage bump w/ stock and decent airflow.

Stock cooler will be good enough for stock volts. Many E0's are hitting around 3.5Ghz with just stock volts. I would not dare run more than 1.3v though with that stock cooler
 
but how bad is the Xigmatek Rifle HSF without the retention bracket?
can I use it with the push pins? will it work just fine?
 
I have a bnib ac freezer 7 pro cpu cooler for sale $20 shipped bro
 
but how bad is the Xigmatek Rifle HSF without the retention bracket?
can I use it with the push pins? will it work just fine?

It's fine with the push-pins. I'm using them and I have my Q9550 at 3.825GHz with perfectly good temps.
 
I love the zalman cnps 9700NT have had good experiances with it, good all round cooler, was kinda pricy tho.

keeps my cpu nice and cool (see sig)
 
And also sounds like a jet engine. Times have moved on but Zalman hasn't. S1283 for $30, or $22AR anyone? Superior in every way possible. Yea.

And no clue how your post relates to stock cooler performance. Let's just all chime in with our after market coolers shall we?
 
Google in England brings up the Freezer 7 Pro for about £13.- = $19.32
So the $20.- is not a special bargain though ... considering the usual risk in case of a fault.
 
i started this thread because I am wondering how far one could get with stock cooler on the E8400..

I did order the S1283 but no retention bracket..so I am wondering if i could just use its push pings or just use stock and replace it with the s1283 once i get the retention bracket...or if you all agree that push pins on the S1283 will do just fine, i will use it like that then..
 
i started this thread because I am wondering how far one could get with stock cooler on the E8400..

I did order the S1283 but no retention bracket..so I am wondering if i could just use its push pings or just use stock and replace it with the s1283 once i get the retention bracket...or if you all agree that push pins on the S1283 will do just fine, i will use it like that then..

As aforementioned stock cooling is fine with stock volts. That is, while YMMV stock volts can usually get you to around 3.5Ghz. Even with the stock cooler you'd probably end up around there. Admittedly, you'd be probably 10ºC warmer with the stock cooler at load than the S1283 but you can get there.
Now is the S1283 ok to use without the retention bracket of course it is. The retention bracket adds extra security and really piece of mind. Its mostly for the lanboy crew who are moving their PC around. If you have a stationary rig the push pins will hold.
 
Back
Top