• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

E8400 and possible memory for overclock

nintari

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 29, 2001
Messages
1,792
I had been toying with the idea of getting a e8400 for a while now and with a recent ebay auction I have going I might be able to get it, then sell my board and cpu to buy the board for the e8400.

but the memory I have is 2x1 gb and 2x512mb (3GB total) OCZ Gold DDR2 800MHz, not sure if I can even overclock or use it really well with a e8400 setup

just seeing what others have done while I start googleing

(and I would be going from a x2 5600+ AMD 770 chipset to this, prob put the other x2 3800 in that board, then give the 5600 to my son, and sell the x2 3800 and board as a combo)
 
thanks reading through now lol

the last time I overclocked a system was a p4 1.6 to 2.4 lol that was sweet then but since got more in to HTPCs and quieter computers. but seeing the e8400 possibly go to 4GHz is so tempting

Overclocking was so much easier then lol
 
I have the same ram as you but in the 2 x2gb configuration. 5 5 5 18 rated with 2.0-2.1v. I had a hard time oc'ing to 4.0 on my GA-EP45-DS3R. It seems that there are few who have the board. I found more guides for the P5Q Pro online to reach 4.0 with the e8400. Perhaps you want to take that into consideration when choosing a mobo.
 
Back
Top