• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

E6600 Voltage

Joined
Oct 30, 2007
Messages
512
My E6600 runs at 1.424V. I believe this number is too high. What do you guys use? Also I am overclocking from 2.4 to 3.0. Intel's website states that I should run from 0.8 to 1.5 but this range is too big. Please suggest voltage.
 
i dunno but i was running my e6750@ 1.475 and it was doing fine, i'm trying 1.55 right now to see if i can get it stable @ 3.6ghz, if someone can tell me if that's too high too, that would be GREAT. also if you could come in on sunday too, that would also be GREAT.
 
My E6600 runs at 1.424V. I believe this number is too high. What do you guys use? Also I am overclocking from 2.4 to 3.0. Intel's website states that I should run from 0.8 to 1.5 but this range is too big. Please suggest voltage.

My readings from BIOS:
3.0 ghz = 1.43
3.5 ghz = 1.45
 
I use 1.43v set in the BIOS, 1.424v under load for 3.6GHz on my E6600. There's no "hard and fast" pre-set voltage for a particular speed, but you really don't want to be exceeding 1.5v (from what I've read) for too long unless you have extreme cooling in place.
 
1.3750 for 3.2GHz E6400... I was 4 hours orthos stable and decided to call it quits (I wanna use my computer! :p )
 
The voltage required for any mainboard CPU is dependent in large by the quality of the components. Is the machine stable under stress testing Orthos, Prime 95 or OCCT?

If so drop the CPU volts a notch and test again. When you reach a voltage that test as non-stable bump it up a notch or two and you should be good to go.
 
FYI per intel data sheet 1.55V is absolute max Vcc.


Be aware that at high voltages, rapid changes in cpu load current, like firing up orthos, will cause the cpu voltage regulator to "overshoot" the target voltage as it tries to compensate to keep the voltage stable while the load current changes radically. If you are near the edge, this voltage overshoot could damage or kill the cpu.
 
I would go 1.55 max. Is that bios set or after droop? I have ran e6400's at 3.7 with 1.5v for months with no problems.
 
Back
Top