E6600: Recommend a good cooler

So this Dark Knight doesn't come with a fan adjustment option? I like the idea of having it going full blast at all times, not based on the CPU readings. Oh well :(
 
So this Dark Knight doesn't come with a fan adjustment option? I like the idea of having it going full blast at all times, not based on the CPU readings. Oh well :(

sure it does. you can set it to run full time through the bios.
 
So, I'm going to start OCing tonight once I get it installed.

My question for you guys (and I know it varies from rig to rig):

~What clock speed should I be able to attain with this cooler?

And also, what's the max temps I should allow my E6600 to run?
 
Last edited:
e6600 is 3.4 easy. i have mine at 3.5. mine goes stable much higher but i had to keep upping the vcore and at some point you just gotta call it quits. my method is to start at 1.5V, since thats what intel rates it for, and push it as high as you can and boot to windows. from there back it down until you get it stable for an hour with prime95. from there back it down to the nearest 100MHz (aka if 3.534 go to 3.5) and then finally reduce your voltage slowly until you can run it at that speed for 24 hours with prime95. i do this because for bragging rights it really only matters to 100MHz :) and because that extra little bit wont be a noticeable performance boost. for temps dont go over 65 max, but try to keep it around 35 idle and 50 for normal gaming. if you can keep it even lower, youll extend the life of your cpu.
 
put default bios settings back and see if it boots. I doubt you corrupted the OS.
 
I'm also getting very small pink dots all over my screen. Could this be related to the problem?
 
I'm also getting very small pink dots all over my screen. Could this be related to the problem?

hmm. do you think maybe you hit the monitor cable accidentally? Try switching output ports on the video card and see if that gets rid of them.
 
My other, main, monitor doesn't do it, so I'm thinking it's some kind of issue with the monitor.
 
So this Dark Knight....

Under full load, is it normal to hear a clicking sound? I've got all the rubber things installed and pushed well in there. Is it just the nature of this large fan on the metal to make a clicking sound? It's not major, but it's still there.

Is this normal?

AND NOTICE, this is ONLY under full load from Prime 95.
 
Last edited:
I personally would go with the second one (the V1). My friends has them on all their quads and it keeps them very cool.

~Tim
 
Back
Top