e6600 92 Celcius Idle

adamadekat

Gawd
My e6600 processor is running at 92 degrees celcius idle, according to my ASUS Probe II monitor. However, it also says that the motherboard temp is 39 degrees celcius, which I believe is considered normal. Does anyone have any idea why my CPU temp is shown as this high? Could it just be the Probe II monitor?

That is definitely not right. I can't tell you why, but that is not a correct reading.

Both REAL TEMP and CORE TEMP show my cores at 85 degrees Celsius idle :( It's slightly better than the Probe II reading, but not that much...

- What heatsink are you using?
- Did you recently do a BIOS update?

I recommend reseating your heatsink just in case.

i would reseat the heatsink also. it may sound like a dumb question, but are you sure the fan is running properly on your heatsink? it is possible however that you have a stuck thermal sensor. use Realtemp to test your CPU sensors.

WOOOW ok I think I figured out the problem. I remounted the heatsink, turned on my computer, then started up REAL temp. It showed my core temp as 46 degrees, which is good. I then, started up the ASUS PC Probe II utility, and within about 10 seconds the cpu temp went up to 90 degrees again. I'm wondering if either the program is causing the cpu to heat up, or the program is falsely reading the cpu while also causing the other programs to read the same reading.

Back