• Dishonored 2: Death of the Outsider

Games I'm interested in... but I'm going to have to see some reviews first:
  • Anthem
  • Kingdom Come Deliverance

Games I might buy... some day... on sale.... if they don't suck:
  • Battlefront 2
  • Assassins Creed Origins

X-box Scorpio:

Okay... that's 'nice'. Certainly won't hurt if more Devs have a motive to do more with 4k, HDR, AA, Up-Sampling, etc. But I haven't seen any compelling reason to move from PC or my PS4 Pro yet.

Still more to come, but so far it's been 50/50.

Games I'm stoked about:
  • Shadow of War
  • Metro Exodus
  • Wolfenstein New Colossus

• Anthem

• Battlefront 2

X-box Scorpio:

Okay... that's 'nice'. Certainly won't hurt if more Devs have a motive to do more with 4k, HDR, AA, Up-Sampling, etc. But I haven't seen any compelling reason to move from PC or my PS4 Pro yet.

Metro Exodus cause Metro Last Light is Amazing one of my Steam friends said it's like a Movie I'm like 3/4 or more though the game.

New Metro is always appreciated - both of those games were excellent.

Hopefully the other games are good as well, but nothing I am super hyped for. I am quite interested in how Fallout 4 VR and Doom VFR turn out, though.

Extremely disappointed we didn't see any new IP from Bethesda, or any indication of a new Elder Scrolls.

everything leaks early these days so there's not as many real surprise announcements anymore...hoping to see a From Software reveal this year...also hoping the rumors of Bethesda's Starfield reveal are true

I am interested in seeing the final hardware specs of "project scorpio", especially curious to see what they did to the GCN cores inside other then adding more of them.

Wolfie and Metro thumbs up.

Another console. Does it overclock? Can you upgrade it? Pfft.

No dissected Battlefroth. Maybe in 3 years when it is all on one disk for 4.99 in the bargain bin.

doesn't the conference officially run from June 13-15?...how come Bethesda and others released all their info/trailers/details yesterday?...is it like an official E3 Preview day?

Haven't even checked it. I don't know what they showed except for what circulated down to the news here.

What's got me hyped? A full fucking remake of Shadow of the Colossus for PS4. Omfg I can not wait to play that shit again. Hopefully it'll look really nice with my PS4 Pro.

What's got me scratching the shit out of my head to the point of touching brain? Destiny 2 will not achieve 60fps on either the $250 PS4 and Xbox One S or the fucking $400 PS4 Pro OR the $500 Xbox One X. What in the actual fuck? "Oh yeah, native 4K gaming on Xbox One X... but yet no 60FPS for a 1080p title." Usually this is not something I would bitch about because I loves consoles and do not prefer consoles over PCs or vice-versa. I believe that quality matters more, but come the fuck on. I mean, you want to charge folks $500 on a gaming machine (PS3 20gb model launch prices) and it can't even do 60fps on your brand new "12 GIGAFLOPS OF GAMING POWER!" machine? I call utter bullshit. The ONLY reason this is the case is so that the folks with Xbox One X and PS4 Pro don't have an advantage in multiplayer with the OG PS4 and Xbox One folks.

Only way I am getting Destiny 2 is on PC and if it's cross-platform (unlikely).

Fuck that shit.

http://www.vg247.com/2017/06/13/destiny-2-is-also-30fps-on-xbox-one-x/

Better get off the anti hype battlefront 2 train... Game looks fantastic.
EA heard all of our cries and have implemented an abundance of various Star Wars era's. It looks like the Battlefront we all wanted. Free DLC? Single player? Fight as Droids? New heroes /villains? Better and bigger space battles? More vehicles and weapons?
What more can you want?

This is my top game shown so far.
To be honest, E3 is kind of lacking this year.

Games I'm looking to play that were mentioned -
Battlefront 2
Evil Within 2
Days Gone

Games I'm stoked about:
  • Shadow of War
  • Metro Exodus
  • Wolfenstein New Colossus

• Anthem

• Battlefront 2

X-box Scorpio:

Pretty much my feelings. Will add that I was happy to see more of God of War during Sony's conference.
What's got me hyped? A full fucking remake of Shadow of the Colossus for PS4. Omfg I can not wait to play that shit again. Hopefully it'll look really nice with my PS4 Pro.

What's got me scratching the shit out of my head to the point of touching brain? Destiny 2 will not achieve 60fps on either the $250 PS4 and Xbox One S or the fucking $400 PS4 Pro OR the $500 Xbox One X. What in the actual fuck? "Oh yeah, native 4K gaming on Xbox One X... but yet no 60FPS for a 1080p title." Usually this is not something I would bitch about because I loves consoles and do not prefer consoles over PCs or vice-versa. I believe that quality matters more, but come the fuck on. I mean, you want to charge folks $500 on a gaming machine (PS3 20gb model launch prices) and it can't even do 60fps on your brand new "12 GIGAFLOPS OF GAMING POWER!" machine? I call utter bullshit. The ONLY reason this is the case is so that the folks with Xbox One X and PS4 Pro don't have an advantage in multiplayer with the OG PS4 and Xbox One folks.

Only way I am getting Destiny 2 is on PC and if it's cross-platform (unlikely).

Fuck that shit.

http://www.vg247.com/2017/06/13/destiny-2-is-also-30fps-on-xbox-one-x/
Destiny 2 is not cross platform (something-something keyboard & mouse vs. controller, something-something pirates and hackers on PC). I can postulate that despite it being on Battle.net, the initial population on PC is going to be small and it will die out quickly for a number of reasons, which will be very unfortunate. Hopefully I'm wrong.

EDIT: Wanted to add some notable titles missing this year.

Death Stranding
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Metal Gear: Survive
The Last of Us 2

Last edited:
Games I'm stoked about:
  • Ace Combat 7

• Metro Exodus - Open world has me skeptical.
  • Assassin's Creed whatever - if they continue using the working controls they had in Syndicate / Rogue. No guns though? Iffy on that.
  • Battlefront 2 - More for the campaign, on deep discount. Thought the trial of the last game was dull and it had almost zero content for MP so I'm not interested in that aspect.
  • Far Cry 5 - We'll see about this one.
There were some other things I sort of was interested in, but don't recall.

I'm really disappointed there was no The Last of Us 2 news

But yeah

Anthem
Metro
Code Vein
Days Gone

possibly the new Assassin's Creed

Better get off the anti hype battlefront 2 train... Game looks fantastic.
EA heard all of our cries and have implemented an abundance of various Star Wars era's. It looks like the Battlefront we all wanted. Free DLC? Single player? Fight as Droids? New heroes /villains? Better and bigger space battles? More vehicles and weapons?
What more can you want?

Sure, I want to like it. I'm a long time DICE fan and it's Star Wars! But let's be realistic, the first one was a noticeable disappointment; DICE has yet to pull off a compelling SP; and EA will say anything to promote first week sales for one of their AAA titles. If this one reviews well and does the SP justice, I'll buy it eventually. But I'm not throwing my money at promises, especially given EA's track record of fulfilling them.

Wanted to add some notable titles missing this year.

The Last of Us 2

I was really surprised at this as well. I thought for sure Sony would capitalize on this title.

The Horizon Zero Dawn's DLC and Days Gone also got my attention... but Days Gone is Zombies... again. Between Zombies, Robots and Aliens we need some new enemies. I mean I'll still shoot them, don't get me wrong, but Zombies evoke more of a "this will be boring and childish, while over-compensating with gore" response from me anymore.

Sure, I want to like it. I'm a long time DICE fan and it's Star Wars! But let's be realistic, the first one was a noticeable disappointment; DICE has yet to pull off a compelling SP; and EA will say anything to promote first week sales for one of their AAA titles. If this one reviews well and does the SP justice, I'll buy it eventually. But I'm not throwing my money at promises, especially given EA's track record of fulfilling them.

I was really surprised at this as well. I thought for sure Sony would capitalize on this title.

The Horizon Zero Dawn's DLC and Days Gone also got my attention... but Days Gone is Zombies... again. Between Zombies, Robots and Aliens we need some new enemies. I mean I'll still shoot them, don't get me wrong, but Zombies evoke more of a "this will be boring and childish, while over-compensating with gore" response from me anymore.

To be fair to The Last of Us 2 and Naughty Dog, the new Uncharted DLC is going to be substantial in size so they're probably focusing on that more to finish it up. I say take all the time you need, The Last of Us Part 2 has a LOT to live up to. I think for many people who have played through it's entirely it's likely one of their favorite games if not for the story of all time. So like I said, I hope they take their time and really bring something great to the table with Part 2.

I also want to add that the Crash Bandicoot remakes are coming out on June 30th. That's a day one buy for me for anyone who has forgotten about it with all the newer shit being shown lately.

A big meh to me so far. Maybe I am just getting old cause nothing excites me like it use too. Hoping Sony has something but doubtful.

You know, me too.

I only PC game, so console stuff doesn't do it for me, and the games lately all look alike to me. Really just dull, dull, dull.

I think I was more interested in the Polaris launch (even though I knew the card wouldn't be great), and the Ryzen build up and launch was more exiting to me than E3 this year thus far.

I think in part too its because of the saturation of conferences. It used to be E3 was the be all, end all, and you'd get all your announcements there. Now it feels like there are big conferences every 2-3 months, and by the time E3 rolls around, all the REALLY good stuff has already been announced - E3 has no real surprises any more...

E3 has no real surprises any more...

I hear that. It doesn't help that they "leak" things early, or that in many cases the final games have not lived up to their E3 announcement. I don't know about anyone else, but after Andromeda, Wildlands, Mankind Divided, Battlefront, the last 2 Assassin Creeds... I could go on, but I'm sick to death of Publishers ruining good IP's. My eagerness to spend money on anything I'm not certain is a good game, has dwindled down to near nothing. I'm having more fun playing cheesy browser games right now than I've had playing anything since DOOM or Prey.

I hear that. It doesn't help that they "leak" things early, or that in many cases the final games have not lived up to their E3 announcement. I don't know about anyone else, but after Andromeda, Wildlands, Mankind Divided, Battlefront, the last 2 Assassin Creeds... I could go on, but I'm sick to death of Publishers ruining good IP's. My eagerness to spend money on anything I'm not certain is a good game, has dwindled down to near nothing. I'm having more fun playing cheesy browser games right now than I've had playing anything since DOOM or Prey.

Yup. Frankly, the most fun I've had this past year was playing F2P Path of Exile, and once I burned out on that, I ended up going back to SWTOR, which, while the new story direction is still crap, the QoL improvements they've made to the game in the year I was gone were extremely impressive.

XtdQ67G.jpg

Back