E3 2014: Sony's Press Conference

Jerome36

2[H]4U
Sony's E3 press conference kicks off at 9:00 pm EST. I'll get some links to some of the live streams later today.

I'm really not sure what to expect from Sony.. lots of rumors flying around that they don't have too much to announce. Let's hope that isn't the case.

I'm just hoping for a bunch of new games, some Uncharted footage, and (hopefully) PS4 ports of Ultra Street Fighter and GTA5.
Something tells me they're going to go overboard with the VR stuff pretty soon, though.

I'm sure VR will have a presence (judging by Sony's willingness to have the unit demoed on Fallon), but hopefully not too much of a presence (since that tech will likely be a late 2015 release).

Besides the PS4/Vita bundle, I haven't heard much for rumours. Which I take as a good sign, more opportunity to be pleasantly surprised by announcements.

With so much being delayed until 2015 I am not expecting much.

Maybe they will surprise us. Microsoft's will probably be more interesting given their recent gyrations.

With so much being delayed until 2015 I am not expecting much.

Maybe they will surprise us. Microsoft's will probably be more interesting given their recent gyrations.

If they somehow secure Street Fighter as an exclusive to the Sony platform.. I would be VERY impressed.

He will if TLG, Uncharted or Beast Souls is shown and given a release date of Fall 2014.

That or a price drop to 379.99 or lower with a bundled game.

I have the IGN stream going, but unfortunately I'm probably going to have to jet in the next 5 - 10 minutes. I'll have to watch it after the fact, later tonight.

Little Big Planet 3 in November. Not impressed with the graphics. Looks like it could be on PS3.

Wow I'm in the twilight zone their talking about TV no good games for this year 'nothing good I do like vita TV for 99 I'll buy that right now.

Sony blew it I'm stunned

PS Vita TV? Ratchet & Clank the movie?! When Phil Spencer took over Xbox, did Don Mattrick actually go to Sony and not Zynga?

At least they just showed Last of Us.

It's exactly how I thought it'd look, too. True next-gen.

That uncharted was not enough guys sorry I like uncharted but most of that presser was a fucking train wreck

Sony hit a home run.

Seriously?

I was home all day watched every one even ubisofts was better

I liked the order alot but 2015
Vita TV I like for 99
The rest was Multiplat this year and indie.. yuck

Last of us I'll buy because ps3 upgrade

That uncharted was not enough guys sorry I like uncharted but most of that presser was a fucking train wreck

The media stuff was really dumb but all the game stuff was well done. Last of Us looks really great on the PS4. No Man's Sky was incredible. Grim fucking Fandago. Not sure what to think of Bloodborne, but I'm interested in seeing more. Ratchet and Clank remake sounds cool. Playstation TV US release and Now open beta were great announcements. ABZU looks intriguing. Still not sure what to think of the Order, that trailer was just kind of there. inFamous DLC sounds great to me, I really liked Second Son. Destiny alpha this weekend is a nice surprise.

I haven't seen MS' conference yet (I was at work) so I have nothing to compare it to, but over-all I liked the conference.

I have to go back and watch some of the middle, which I missed, but most of the stuff I did see (that I'm interested in) isn't coming out this year. :( Microsoft had quite a bit of that too, but with Forza Horizon 2 coming September, Sunset Overdrive in October, and Halo: The Master Chief Collection in November, I think a majority of my console gaming will be on Xbox One in 2104.

Anyway, Uncharted 4, Last of Us and Batman are the three that interest me from their press conference.

Seriously?

I was home all day watched every one even ubisofts was better

I liked the order alot but 2015
Vita TV I like for 99
The rest was Multiplat this year and indie.. yuck

Last of us I'll buy because ps3 upgrade

Uncharted 4, Last of Us, Grim Fandango, Bloodborne, No Man's Sky, Little Big Planet 3, The Order, Infamous DLC looked fun.

I get to play Destiny this weekend. Playstation Now looks very interesting. Some interesting business partnerships with Ubi and Farcry 4.

There was a good amount of multiplatform stuff, however if the past is any indicator all multiplat games will run better on PS4. Sony made sure to highlight that fact too.

Overall it was much more impressive than the MS conference.

The media stuff was really dumb but all the game stuff was well done. Last of Us looks really great on the PS4. No Man's Sky was incredible. Grim fucking Fandago. Not sure what to think of Bloodborne, but I'm interested in seeing more. Ratchet and Clank remake sounds cool. Playstation TV US release and Now open beta were great announcements. ABZU looks intriguing. Still not sure what to think of the Order, that trailer was just kind of there. inFamous DLC sounds great to me, I really liked Second Son. Destiny alpha this weekend is a nice surprise.

I haven't seen MS' conference yet (I was at work) so I have nothing to compare it to, but over-all I liked the conference.

If I had to grade them after watching today

Ms A-
Sony C+
ubisoft B+
EA D+

I actually didn't like this press conference that much. Had it not been for Uncharted 4 and GTA V that would've been two hours of my life wasted.

Why was Sony's venue so shitty and small looking compared to Microsoft's?

Uncharted 4, Last of Us, Grim Fandango, Bloodborne, No Man's Sky, Little Big Planet 3, The Order, Infamous DLC looked fun.

I get to play Destiny this weekend. Playstation Now looks very interesting. Some interesting business partnerships with Ubi and Farcry 4.

There was a good amount of multiplatform stuff, however if the past is any indicator all multiplat games will run better on PS4. Sony made sure to highlight that fact too.

Overall it was much more impressive than the MS conference.

Playing the alpha this weekend will be fun
Ps now bah I have all my consoles ps2/3/4
The multiplats flip a coin I'll buy based on better look performance or multiplayer if big multiplayer I buy on Xbox much larger friends list.

Running better is subjective like the ufc demo tried it on both
Looked a c-hair better on ps4 loaded way faster on Xbox (external USB 3 7200rpm FTW)
For fighting I did prefer the ds4 on this title

Still way too much 2015

Back