Dynamics DNS

Landmine

Limp Gawd
I have my own domains, with GoDaddy.com and a dedicated server with Codero (Windows Server 2008 and Plesk 10), any chance of being able to update a sub-domain with my home ip? So basically home.domain.com will take my to my home IP.

I've been using No-IP.org for the past couple of months, but having to login every 30 days is annoying.

If you do something similar, how do you do it?

Last edited:
Windows 2008 and Plesk 10, Plesk is the DNS Server

I was thinking about moving to NameCheap.com but since I use my dedicated server's DNS, the domains just use my name server. So it wont make a difference will it?

Last edited:
This is ez pz. Here is what I do:

• Set up a DynDNS for whatever name you want, such as Example.dyndns.com
  • Make a subdomain on your domain, I did something like "sub.example.com"
  • Point sub.example.com with a CNAME redirect to "Example.dyndns.com".
Now when your DynDNS address updates, the real subdomain will just be a domain redirect.

If the 30days is an issue, use dlinkddns.com and setup your updater to force update every few days.

Currently I have it setup with home.domain.com pointing to my home.no-ip.org address and that works. It really is just the 30 days that is annoying to me.

I'll check out dlinkddns.com

afraid.org how can I use them with my own domain? Cause home.domain is better than just a forwarder.

If not it still is perfect. Thank you AnotherUser!

Last edited:
I use no-ip, just payed for 3 yrs at once and dont give it a second thought.
(although its for me to use to connect to my SBS customers on non static internet service to support them, a few of them have had no problem paying me the $20 I charge to provide them a web URL so they can view there security cams from home..which is more than I pay no-ip = win)

I use no-ip, just payed for 3 yrs at once and dont give it a second thought.
(although its for me to use to connect to my SBS customers on non static internet service to support them, a few of them have had no problem paying me the $20 I charge to provide them a web URL so they can view there security cams from home..which is more than I pay no-ip = win)

Exactly- I use it just to make accessing customer servers easy. I use both DynDNS and No-IP. My time is worth more than clicking in every month just to save a couple bucks.

This is ez pz. Here is what I do:

• Set up a DynDNS for whatever name you want, such as Example.dyndns.com
  • Make a subdomain on your domain, I did something like "sub.example.com"
  • Point sub.example.com with a CNAME redirect to "Example.dyndns.com".
Now when your DynDNS address updates, the real subdomain will just be a domain redirect.

If the 30days is an issue, use dlinkddns.com and setup your updater to force update every few days.

The exact correct answer.

Though just for reference, dlinkddns.com is DynDNS under the hood. Just go with the source.

Back