Dying Light

Sorry to necro this thread, but I recently picked up Dying Light on a Steam sale. I didn't expect to like it, but I'm really enjoying it. It's damn fun.

Sorry to necro this thread, but I recently picked up Dying Light on a Steam sale. I didn't expect to like it, but I'm really enjoying it. It's damn fun.
I was reading through this bumped thread, and it is kind of funny you bumped it because of this post. The "realism" mod posited is basically what they did in Dying Light 2, and it almost sucked all the fun out of the game. The difficulty curve is more even than the first game, but as a result you never feel powerful as you progress in level.

I was reading through this bumped thread, and it is kind of funny you bumped it because of this post. The "realism" mod posited is basically what they did in Dying Light 2, and it almost sucked all the fun out of the game. The difficulty curve is more even than the first game, but as a result you never feel powerful as you progress in level.
Interesting. I haven't heard much about Dying Light 2, other than it's just not as good. I haven't seen the difficulty drop off yet. But I'm not that far in. I played all the way through the Hellraiser DLC. It took about 12 hours, and I died a LOT. It was cool, and reminded me of Hexen or RtCW (minus the Nazis). The weapons it unlocked are basically OP though. I went from weapons that did 70 damage or less, to a weapon that does 500 damage. It's still pretty easy to get overwhelmed, or have a fast zombie sneak up on you though. I've still died a bunch after getting that weapon. Maybe I just need to git gud.

Interesting. I haven't heard much about Dying Light 2, other than it's just not as good. I haven't seen the difficulty drop off yet. But I'm not that far in. I played all the way through the Hellraiser DLC. It took about 12 hours, and I died a LOT. It was cool, and reminded me of Hexen or RtCW (minus the Nazis). The weapons it unlocked are basically OP though. I went from weapons that did 70 damage or less, to a weapon that does 500 damage. It's still pretty easy to get overwhelmed, or have a fast zombie sneak up on you though. I've still died a bunch after getting that weapon. Maybe I just need to git gud.
Hellraid is definitely more balanced for endgame than it is for pre-Legend level. I'd say once you hit level 15-20 is when the difficulty starts to drop at a good rate. If you know what perks to take you can make it easier pretty early on. Nightmare difficulty is actually pretty fun from a new game once you get all the mechanics down.

Back