Dying Light - zombies, 4-player co-op

I'm assuming that mods for nexus will work just as well in the epic version?
Assuming it uses the same data3.pak method, yes.

To use old mods, you have to load up the modded file and the original copy from your game(data0.pak) and copy the modded contents into the new file. Use diffchecker.com
The game has been patched with so much new content over the years, the old files(in their entirety) aren't compatible anymore. You can break things and not even realize it

It's all text. Very easy but time consuming depending on the size of the mod.

Giving this one a proper play through since I didn't really play it the first time around. It's quite good I have to say. Kind of a mix between far cry and stalker.

Speaking of mod's a definite must have is the climate mod which puts proper weather into the game.

Is anyone here used sweet fx Reshaders? I have not but I am thinking of trying it to remove the yellow tinted sepia look.

It's a shame there's no minimal HUD mod since I would prefer not to have all the quest instructions text on screen. You can talk all the mod off completely but then you don't know what secondary tools you have equipped.

Giving this one a proper play through since I didn't really play it the first time around. It's quite good I have to say. Kind of a mix between far cry and stalker.

Speaking of mod's a definite must have is the climate mod which puts proper weather into the game.

Is anyone here used sweet fx Reshaders? I have not but I am thinking of trying it to remove the yellow tinted sepia look.

It's a shame there's no minimal HUD mod since I would prefer not to have all the quest instructions text on screen. You can talk all the mod off completely but then you don't know what secondary tools you have equipped.

DL_modded.gif

dl.gif

I Thanks I do prefer that cooler look that you're getting with the reshader

Is that an easy thing to do?

I thought the game looked great without any mods...the only thing I disabled was chromatic aberration...I enabled all the Nvidia specific graphics options such as HBAO+, PCSS, Nvidia depth of field etc

I also think the color filter works in setting the tone of the game. It never once bothered me. It felt like it was always overcast, which added to the mood. The filter is less intense when you're out in the open during the "The Following" expansion.

If any of you guys are still playing I definitely recommend the dynamic weather climate mod. Its awesome. Nothing like being out at night in the rain trying to survive.

I haven't been following dying light 2. I lost interest in it when I heard that it doesn't have any guns in it. I hope that game is getting modded and that someone can mod guns into it. It's a strange decision they made to get rid of guns.

So I thought I was using SweetFX to fix the yellow tint but the only thing I see in there is a saturation filter. It's been like 7 years since I looked at it lol. I've just been reusing the same files since then.
Anyway I dug through my data3.pak and I think the yellow tint is removed by taking render_loop.ppfx from this mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/dyinglight/mods/110?tab=description

I haven't been following dying light 2. I lost interest in it when I heard that it doesn't have any guns in it. I hope that game is getting modded and that someone can mod guns into it. It's a strange decision they made to get rid of guns.
It's explained in the story.
All the guns and ammunition was confiscated by the military to fight against the horde in the area the game takes place in. When the city was called a loss and prior to THV being dumped on the city, the military locked all the remaining guns in a bunker at an unknown location. Even if you found it and got in, all the ammunition was used. The city is walled off and impossible to get into unless you're aware of the secret underground path the player travels through at the start, so there is no practical way for guns or ammunition from the outside to get in.

It's explained in the story.
All the guns and ammunition was confiscated by the military to fight against the horde in the area the game takes place in. When the city was called a loss and prior to THV being dumped on the city, the military locked all the remaining guns in a bunker at an unknown location. Even if you found it and got in, all the ammunition was used. The city is walled off and impossible to get into unless you're aware of the secret underground path the player travels through at the start, so there is no practical way for guns or ammunition from the outside to get in.
Eh that doesn't change my mind on skipping the game bc of it though

Guns were weird in the first game anyway. Lore-wise it makes sense to get rid of them too. It's not a shooter. There are still bows (and crossbows?) with a large variety of arrows.

I always used throwing stars (or other throwable weapons) against them...
Throwables are great because their everywhere and you can carry shitloads of them, and they can be recovered after being thrown. I like the military axes myself, and the bows are OP af. Love me some Molotov's too.

Last edited:
Back