• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

DVD drive disappearing, randomly

Krieger91

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
May 6, 2007
Messages
1,879
Recently my pc was hanging out on startup, eventually getting past post but taking a LOT longer. I checked my computer and no optical drive was found, I unplugged the sata cable and plugged it back in. Then it works for a little bit. Maybe a day or two. I got tired of it and used device manager to reinstall the drivers for it. This worked for about a week, until today I noticed it was gone AGAIN! What the hell is happening, I have never experienced this before. Any ideas??

Thanks!
 
One thing I would suggest would be to check the Event Log (System) and check for any errors where it shows the device as timing out. I had a Plextor drive that started doing that once and the log showed back to back to back device timeout errors. I reflashed the firmware and it seemed to solve the problem for a short time but it soon came back and reflashing did nothing to resolve the issue. Ended up just having to replace the drive.
 
had the same problem with my pioneer blu ray dvd rw, drive
but it has not acting up in a while
 
Can you try a different optical drive, or connect your existing one to another port on the mobo?
 
Back
Top