DVD burning software

ATW said:
I put in a brand new, unscratched DVD, and saved the ISO image to my hard drive. But rather than an ISO image, it was a .rar file that contained the video_ts folder and an empty audio_ts folder. Where do I go from there?
I can honestly say I have no idea how that would happen in DVD Shrink. I've used the ".iso" option a few times, and it's always been a regular .iso folder. However, as TSS Modder said, if you extract the files and use Nero to burn a DVD-Video, they should work fine.

djnes said:
I can honestly say I have no idea how that would happen in DVD Shrink. I've used the ".iso" option a few times, and it's always been a regular .iso folder. However, as TSS Modder said, if you extract the files and use Nero to burn a DVD-Video, they should work fine.

I haven't got Nero. I was planning to just burn the ISO with the CDBurnerXP Pro that I've been using for data disc's.

CD Burner XP should be able to write the video and audio files to disc and you should be able to play the disc on a regular set top player. I did it for an R2 disc I had that I wanted to play on a dvd player at school, way back before I knew dvd rippers could rip ISOs.

DVDshrink is all you need?? Where does everyone keep coming up with this?
DVDshrink does not remove any kind of protection from a DVD, so how can it be the only thing you need? Am I missing something here? :confused:
Copy protection must be removed, and 99% of DVDs have it now.
I use AnyDVD & DVDshrink w/ Nero. Haven't found one I can't copy...umm I mean back up yet, & I've done well over 150.

tazman4 said:
DVDshrink does not remove any kind of protection from a DVD, so how can it be the only thing you need? Am I missing something here? :confused:
that is why i suggested DVD43.... but i guess nobody listens to me... :rolleyes:

whether its the best or not isnt the point... its the fact that a decrypter is required, and thats what i use to do that, so thats why i suggested it... DVD43 or anything like it is required.

korpse said:
2.) Compress or reauthor to an .iso using DVDShrink.

now Im trying to figure out how youre doing that

(decided to give IMgBurn a spin)
having a smaller reauthored ISO on the HDD has advantages of its own

tazman4 said:
I use AnyDVD & DVDshrink w/ Nero. Haven't found one I can't copy...umm I mean back up yet, & I've done well over 150.
Yes, you are missing something, because DVD Shrink does remove the copy protection from DVDs. All you have to do is read about the software and maybe give it a try. I have shelves full of backups, all done with DVD Shrink and Nero only.

You'd think on an forum board of advanced users, people would actually read into the software a bit before bitching. That's the whole friggin point of DVD Shrink! To remove protection and compress (if needed).

TSS Modder said:
that is why i suggested DVD43.... but i guess nobody listens to me... :rolleyes:

whether its the best or not isnt the point... its the fact that a decrypter is required, and thats what i use to do that, so thats why i suggested it... DVD43 or anything like it is required.
You're right...a decrypter is needed. However, you continue to argue that DVD Shrink doesn't have one, despite the fact that it's an all-in-one solution.

Instead of stooping to flaming levels, just read the damn info pages about DVD Shrink. Here's their official site, with links to several guides on how to use it, and their forums. Everyone always wants proof in links, so here they are. Once again, DVD Shrink has a decrypter built in.

http://www.dvdshrink.org/how.html

djnes said:
I have shelves full of backups, all done with DVD Shrink and Nero only.

Are any of these Sony, protected w/ ARccOS/puppetlock? I doubt it since every new movie released by sony has an updated version of this & DVDShrink is stuck at v. 3.2.0.15.
If I'm mistaken, I humbly appologize, but please try to backup something like The Cave, Madagaskar, Bewitched just using shrink & see if it works.

djnes said:
You're right...a decrypter is needed. However, you continue to argue that DVD Shrink doesn't have one, despite the fact that it's an all-in-one solution.

Instead of stooping to flaming levels, just read the damn info pages about DVD Shrink. Here's their official site, with links to several guides on how to use it, and their forums. Everyone always wants proof in links, so here they are. Once again, DVD Shrink has a decrypter built in.

http://www.dvdshrink.org/how.html
if it has one, then why would only some DVDs work w/ DVDShrink and others required DVD43?

and that wasnt a flame. it was a simple annoyance.

i have had many DVDs work w/ only DVDShrink, but ive noticed lately that ive had to utilize DVD43 a lot.

tazman4 said:
Are any of these Sony, protected w/ ARccOS/puppetlock? I doubt it since every new movie released by sony has an updated version of this & DVDShrink is stuck at v. 3.2.0.15.
If I'm mistaken, I humbly appologize, but please try to backup something like The Cave, Madagaskar, Bewitched just using shrink & see if it works.
I did Madagascar, one to include the Pengium Movie and one with just the main movie. Using only DVD Shrink and Nero. I believe my fiancee did Bewitched, but I don't know for sure. I'm waiting to here if the Cave is any good.

TSS Modder said:
if it has one, then why would only some DVDs work w/ DVDShrink and others required DVD43?

and that wasnt a flame. it was a simple annoyance.

i have had many DVDs work w/ only DVDShrink, but ive noticed lately that ive had to utilize DVD43 a lot.
The simple fact that you could do some is proof that DVD Shrink has a decrypter built in, negating your previous arguments to me. I have yet to come across a movie that it couldn't do, and I have plenty of recent movies. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the quality of the drive, but I'm using a very good one.

I use only DVDShrink and Nero. The only movie I had trouble with was The Grudge, and I also used AnyDVD with that one.

But, for the most part, DVD Shrink and Nero works.

And... yes, DVD Shrink includes a decrypter.

djnes said:
I did Madagascar, one to include the Pengium Movie and one with just the main movie. Using only DVD Shrink and Nero. I believe my fiancee did Bewitched, but I don't know for sure. I'm waiting to here if the Cave is any good.

Then I do appologize.
I am going to have to do a lot more reading on DVDshrink b/c whenever I tried to backup a protected movie just using it, I got a bunch of stupid errors. :rolleyes: That is why I use AnyDVD, it seems to be able to get by the protection on pretty much everything.

I am going to have to try AnyDVD.

Cause I bought THE GREAT RAID and THE CAVE (both SONY movies I believe), and can't back them up with the Decrypter/Shrink combo.

I had a thought today about DVD Shrink. I do my backups of the main movie only...not of the full disc. Would this possibly account why mine have worked when others have failed? I have never tried a full disc.

That is all I ever do, the movie only.

If I want to watch the extras, then I go to my closet and pull out the DVD.

When I take my backups on my business trips, that's all I watch anyway, is just the main movie.

I just started using AnyDVD+DVD Shrink+Nero 6 combo to copy my dvds, and i was wondering from those that use DVD Shrink. Should I use the enhancements such as "Sharp", "Smooth", etc? I just want as perfect of a copy as I can get with all of the menus, etc.

I am currently on the demo of AnyDVD, how do you use it in conjunction with DVD Shrink?

I bought Transporter 2 on the way home yesturday and I only had my laptop available so I just used AnyDVD and Nero, it did a pretty good job on backing up just the movie, but I didn't get to take out any language of extra sound tracks.

Raystream said:
I just started using AnyDVD+DVD Shrink+Nero 6 combo to copy my dvds, and i was wondering from those that use DVD Shrink. Should I use the enhancements such as "Sharp", "Smooth", etc? I just want as perfect of a copy as I can get with all of the menus, etc.
Those are only available if the main movie needs to be compressed, as far as I know....and I usually check them. It takes longer, but I'm not doing this for mass production.

Tiny said:
I am currently on the demo of AnyDVD, how do you use it in conjunction with DVD Shrink?

I bought Transporter 2 on the way home yesturday and I only had my laptop available so I just used AnyDVD and Nero, it did a pretty good job on backing up just the movie, but I didn't get to take out any language of extra sound tracks.

All you have to do with AnyDVD is copy the files once it is done removing the copy protection.

digitalman said:
All you have to do with AnyDVD is copy the files once it is done removing the copy protection.

Thanks. I got it figured out now. :)

I am definately buying AnyDVD. Great program.

I believe you are thinking of a data burning program, no?

Back