Duke Nukem Forever Video Tomorrow

file me under "yeah, riiiiiiiiiiight"

i refuse to get hyped over this again. 3drealms can kiss my ass until the game goes to retail.

:mad:

The tubes are clogged! Anyone have a plunger?

ME. WANT. WATCH. TEASER.

/caveman

That's sick. Looks the Doom 3 engine to me....if so, I'm curious to see what paces they put it through.

:crosses fingers and hopes this is for real:

im not sure there was even gameplay at all there. i dont think this game is anywhere near completion (prolly 2+ yrs away) so id doubt theyd be using the d3 engine

im not sure there was even gameplay at all there. i dont think this game is anywhere near completion (prolly 2+ yrs away) so id doubt theyd be using the d3 engine

I'd guess the shots of the monsters and corridors were in-game, but the shots of Duke were probably not.

I agree, Doom 3 engine, no question.

Haven't companies heard of torrents yet? Why do they insist on making us use these register download sites?

Actually it is a highly modified Unreal Engine 2, Duke isn't in game, but it is in engine.

Its not the Doom engine, they're using a highly modified Unreal engine. George has said it himself.

I heard its gone gold for an exclusive release on the Phantom Console. AND get this, Phantom revised their specs on their machine, they're now using a Bitboys custom videocard with 1024-bit wide memory bus.

"I'm lookin for some alien toilet to park my bricks, who's first?"

almost up to par with the amazing one liners from before :p

I heard its gone gold for an exclusive release on the Phantom Console. AND get this, Phantom revised their specs on their machine, they're now using a Bitboys custom videocard with 1024-bit wide memory bus.

IE: I think they're full of shit & it will NEVER come out. I've seen more footage from Nvidia & ATI demo's for new videocards. And those are just little freebies, that aren't supposed to be a full game that makes money. (like the dawn, ruby, etc..demos)

Maybe they thought they were vapor for so long that they would lose press by actually falling off the 2007 vaporware lists, so they released this reminder that they are the epic vaporware.

Personally, I'm bracing for tomorrow when they announce that they're switching to the Crysis engine.

- Probably not possible for this game to turn a profit now when you consider how many years it has been in the works, unless at points in time they had no one working on it the man hours much be enormous.

- Not going to win on looks, it is going to need a bag full of new tricks. I don't think being able to play with vending machines and mini video games in game is going to cut it.. It has been done.

- The only way it might meet or exceed expectations if it implements full VR lapdances.

All people who drool for this game are the butt of the inside joke going on between the owners of 3D Realms. This trailer showed absolute crap on stick.

the trailer sucked BALLS. half a second of gameplay mixed with 59 seconds of some roid rage dude curling dumbbells?Fvcking gay

the trailer sucked BALLS. half a second of gameplay mixed with 59 seconds of some roid rage dude curling dumbbells?Fvcking gay

i have to agree. the only people that are excited are those that played the original game.

Well, it's definitely got potential. Now to see if they can actually release the damn thing!

I agree with others, such an idiotic voice!

i have to agree. the only people that are excited are those that played the original game.

I can't believe anyone would complain about duke being a bad-ass body-builder and having a bad voice. It's the same voice actor from Duke Nukem 3D and Duke's always been buff.

Anyway I think it looks good, but I assume they'll release it on at least one console too. They seem to stay within those limits, graphics-wise. Too bad it'll probably look average at best when it comes out...but it could still be a nice action-packed game with lots of interactivity...I hope. :p

Oh and they only had a few people working on it a lot of the time, so I don't think they'll lose a lot of money, if any. I don't think they ever had 150 people working on it like other companies do. That's mostly for big-budget games which have a deadline.

Well I'm teased after watching the video. I just hope they actually launch the game in 08 and for the 360 as well. For all those who think the voice is dumb, THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT! I'm going to drop some bricks in your toilet.

Are you kidding me...? Whoever said his voice made him sound like an idiot hasn't played duke3d back in the day... it has been confirmed by 3D realms, they hired the same guy they used 10 years ago... ;) of course they would, we can't have duke with a different voice

So unless you thought he was a idiot 10 years ago haha

Well I'm teased after watching the video. I just hope they actually launch the game in 08 and for the 360 as well. For all those who think the voice is dumb, THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT! I'm going to drop some bricks in your toilet.

QFT

Duke Nukem is suppose to be silly, fun, and hilirous. Not one part of the game is suppose to be serious or have a reality factor to it.

dukepreorderge7.jpg

LOL@ 8.25% sales tax.

Is it just me or does Duke look a lot like Mickey Rourke?

And Shadow Warrior is a great game. I still wish they'd make a sequel to that one. It was just pure fun to play it, not to mention the one liners were classic. "Who wantsa some Wang?!"

Are you kidding me...? Whoever said his voice made him sound like an idiot hasn't played duke3d back in the day... it has been confirmed by 3D realms, they hired the same guy they used 10 years ago... ;) of course they would, we can't have duke with a different voice

So unless you thought he was a idiot 10 years ago haha

But voices change over time. Look at the Transformer mvoie, they didn't bring back the entire orginal cast because some of them had their voice change too much between G1 and the live action movie. Not only that but is that the person's real voice or some voice the are just doing? If so they could not be doing it the same way.

To be honest, it didn't sound exactly the same to me. Had I not seen where you guys were saying it was the same guy I would have thought it was a new guy that was trying to do the voice. Then again it could also be a difference in recording technology over the past few years.

Back