Duke Nukem Forever resurfaces

I don't care how long it takes to come out, I'll be one of the first in line to get it!

sad thing is, i dont even care anymore, but i'd still probably get it.... :rolleyes:

i think that is true for alot of us....

I for one am anxiously waiting to see DNF, and I think it will be big news when it's released. Duke still has a loyal following.

Yeah, its now set in a nursing home community. Duke is relinquished to a wheelchair; none of the nurses like him because hes lewd. All of the aliens are geriatrics their children don't care anymore and don't even visit them.

LMAO, no moose the first part is us the gamers in the nursing home community by the time we're playing it. :D

I thought there was an interview not too long ago that said that only small bits and pieces of the game were complete?

dotK said:
I thought there was an interview not too long ago that said that only small bits and pieces of the game were complete?

yeah that was oh, i don't know, FIVE years ago or so :p

but, seriously i could care less if that game came out, though if it DOES get good reviews then maybe i'll consider it

10 year anniversary of the game announcement April 27th 2007. I'd hate to be an employee of 3DRealms if they haven't released it by then.

Well you must admit 3D Realms has some extreme determination and dedication to go for almost 10 freaking years making this game, aswell as a few others during that time. :p

Updates on my thoughts on this game: If Duke Nukem Forever finishes it's development I will have taken control of China, the USA, and Japan and will have conquered half of the universe. Until then you will all be waiting. :D

Moose777 said:
Yeah, its now set in a nursing home community. Duke is relinquished to a wheelchair; none of the nurses like him because hes lewd. All of the aliens are geriatrics their children don't care anymore and don't even visit them.

So basically Duke Nukem meets Bubba HoTep? :)

JohnleMVP said:
DNF = Did Not Finish
exactly. DNF is just a hoax, that's all it is right now. Maybe there was some portion of the game made at some point, but that's irrelevant now. It blatantly won't come out. 3Drealms just keep mentioning it every now and then just to gain publicity for Prey.

Has anyone actually seen ANY DNF game content in the 10 years they've been making it?

None whatsoever has been leaked. I find that really odd if the game were to actually exist, which is clearly doesn't.

spine said:
Has anyone actually seen ANY DNF game content in the 10 years they've been making it?

None whatsoever has been leaked. I find that really odd if the game were to actually exist, which is clearly doesn't.

You must have missed all the screenshots & movies that were released between 1999-2001, then. It looked great back then (still looks OK now), but I believe it has all been scrapped.

It hasn't been scrapped from what I have heard. I know a game developer that is working on a game that is soon to be released on xbox360 and the pc and he has told me the game will eventually be finished.

spine said:
exactly. DNF is just a hoax, that's all it is right now. Maybe there was some portion of the game made at some point, but that's irrelevant now. It blatantly won't come out. 3Drealms just keep mentioning it every now and then just to gain publicity for Prey.

PC Gamer was shown DNF not to long ago (I think early this year?) and they said it looked fantastic.

inotocracy said:
PC Gamer was shown DNF not to long ago (I think early this year?) and they said it looked fantastic.
PC Gamer sucks and isn't really a credible source of information. At least not anymore, they used to be a good source of info but in the past 4 years they've really gone down hill on content.

Luke_Skywalker said:
It hasn't been scrapped from what I have heard. I know a game developer that is working on a game that is soon to be released on xbox360 and the pc and he has told me the game will eventually be finished.

No, I mean they scrapped what they had and started again.

I think eventually they will finish it, but after so much time has passed they will need to make it a good one..
I think, just to reintroduce Duke to the world, they should remake the original with updated graphics.. Or even release just 3 or 4 levels of the original and Duke match as a UT2004 mod.. It would let people know they were serious about bringing DNF to market...

GORANKAR said:
I think eventually they will finish it, but after so much time has passed they will need to make it a good one..
I think, just to reintroduce Duke to the world, they should remake the original with updated graphics.. Or even release just 3 or 4 levels of the original and Duke match as a UT2004 mod.. It would let people know they were serious about bringing DNF to market...
I agree completely. I for one would happily fork out money for a remake so long as its faithful in the gameplay department.

I wouldn't count them out just yet. Seems many people dont realize, or simply forgot they first announced Prey in 1995. It was even shown at e3 in 97 or 98.
Now it's finally near release, and looks like it could be a pretty damn good game.
Hopefully Duke will also be a great game.

I will be buying it. Though I have to admit there is NO excuse for this game not to be out yet. With those outdated graphics engine, I could have finished the game in my office on my PC three years ago.

The game has been promised for so long, that there is no way that people will be satisfied with it. Even if the thing ended world hunger, cured cancer, and cleaned up politics, people will say it was an unsatisying game to have to wait for. The game isn't out, so maybe it will be good, and maybe it will stink, but either way people will claim to hate it. It wouldn't be cool to say otherwise ya know.

"...DNF is still not finished -- but it's almost done, says Scott Miller, CEO of 3D Realms."

Now does almost done mean 5 years from now? This game is taking a long long long LONG time to make. When it comes out, I'll be the first to d/led it.....then maybe buy it. :-D

I heard DNF's launch will coincide with the release of the AMD Athlon 128 bit, 30000+ CPU.

it will be disappointing though... at this point.. the game has an anticipation that rivals the second coming of jesus... people are gonna expect too much from it.. when it's out..

i'll get it when it's $20

I think for them to have any credibility with the community again they will need to change the name before release. DNF is just synonomous with failure at this point.

But whatever it is called, I will definitely be getting it on day one. :D

I predict 3D Realms will be bought out by ATI so DNF can be bundled with their Bitboys line.

By the time this comes out, we'll be able to get 200 fps with all the graphics maxed. :p

Who am I kidding, our great-great grandkids will still have this reserved at EB Games when we are dust. :D

I'm starting to doubt that the game even exists, and if it does it might not be even that great if it is released (dare i say it might even suck).

=Vector= said:
yeah that was oh, i don't know, FIVE years ago or so :p

but, seriously i could care less if that game came out, though if it DOES get good reviews then maybe i'll consider it

You mean you "couldn't" care less?

Back