Duke Nukem/Bullet Storm sequel teased

There is no way Duke is coming back. At least not in the form that we loved back in the 90s. The #metoo movement along with general cultural shift will never allow for it.....

I'm going to be cautiously optimistic about this. I'm kind of hoping for a new game that brings the Bulletstorm and Duke Nukem universes into one (done properly, not like the cheap Duke DLC). The way I see it, Gearbox is likely cautious about a standalone Duke game. People would be overly critical because of the rocky history. Bulletstorm on the other hand was well received and a prime candidate for a follow up. Seems like a good way to try and get people sweet on Duke again.

I loved DN 3d and a part of me would love to see a more modern version but another part of me would feel they couldn't capture the original fun of the first game so would dread them actually making another game because it wouldn't be the same.

Bring back a old thread since I not sure how many of you know this

Seems like duke nukem was in a game called bulletstorm, and it seems way better than Duke nukem forever.

Bring back a old thread since I not sure how many of you know this

Seems like duke nukem was in a game called bulletstorm, and it seems way better than Duke nukem forever.

They just released a special DLC that let's you play as Duke Nukem. From what I skimmed through that's all the normal Bulletstorm game, but with Duke Nukem's model and voicelines.
It was a good game, but it's over decade old at this point. The Duke Nukem DLC came out years before the announcement in this thread.

I never knew they did this though, that's pretty cool.

Duke Nukem was funny when I was like 12 and when having digitized voices in games was still novel. It's just a bunch of dad jokes taken from 80's movies.

Duke Nukem was funny when I was like 12 and when having digitized voices in games was still novel. It's just a bunch of dad jokes taken from 80's movies.

Dad jokes are jokes dads tell to their kids, kind of the opposite of the vulgarity you hear in Duke Nukem. But yeah it was a bunch of one liners.

Dad jokes are jokes dads tell to their kids, kind of the opposite of the vulgarity you hear in Duke Nukem. But yeah it was a bunch of one liners.
Dad jokes can also be bad jokes with nsfw undertones told to their wife in front of their kids...but I'm not sure any of those in nukem qualify. Anyway, def had some punny jokes in there.

Back