Duck Tales - Remastered Did you get it?

JayteeBates

[H]ard|Poof
Title says it all - did you get it? It looks great plays just as good as the original and is very fluid. It only took about 4 hours to beat it but I have been replaying it to get extra money for unlocks. Diving into the money bin is awesome! I played it with a 360 controller on my PC and it worked great.

The only annoyance for me is the cinematics after the first time though. To skip they require you to hit start then A. Why isn't that its own button that I don't have to enter the start menu for?

If I could have asked them to add any one thing it would have been to include the original game as an unlockable.

All in all one of the best buys on Steam in a while for sheer fun/nostalgia.

It's great to see some of the classics making it back. The cinematics do get quite annoying after a bit, but the controls are solid. I was worried after reading some of the reviewers complaining about the controls, After playing I'm wondering if the reviewers ever actually played the original before back in its hayday. It feels spot on to me.

If they made the cinematics where the characters actually moved their lips it would have been a little better but that would have been a big time investment I think. I get why they did it as they did. Props for actually getting the real cast there to voice it.

I bought it on Steam and played a couple minutes last night. Looking forward to spending more time with it but what I saw so far I liked. I'm playing with a PS3 controller emulated to be a 360 controller.

Glad you posted. I was wondering if this game wasn't [H] enough. LOL

Some of the reviews hammered this game pretty hard.

Most likely by the guys who never played the original or just idiots.

I got it, and did not regret a one bit. Right from the beginning to the end I grinned like a fool, getting nostalgia orgasms every few minutes. I still got it, remembered almost every secret and so on. Its obvious a lot of love went into this remaster because everything is executed perfectly from graphics to music... OMFG the music!
Well, almost perfectly. Animation is great but there could have been actual lip animations during cutscenes. Also the humor is bit awkward at the times, but then again its exactly like in the original TV show which is for kids. (obviously :D )
The boss overhauls were very welcome. If there is something the original game was bad at was that the bosses were push overs. Now they actually give you a challenge!

All in all, this game is fantastic classic platformer reborn with a modern touch, but it is only for the fans of the original (or fans of classic platformers).
However I have to wonder if it has different endings like the original? Is the hidden "bankrupt" ending still there, the one you get if you managed to complete the game without collecting a single gem? (harder than you might imagine, one slip and you have to start over)

I think I'll pick this up down the road on a steam sale. I still haven't completed Rayman Origins hehe.

I had no idea they remastered this game. The original brought me many hours of fun as a little youngin'.

I was stoked for this until I realised it was the NES version. I probably would have got it if it were a remastered Genesis version.

EDIT: My memory completely failed me. It was actually "QuackShot" with Donald Duck that I was hoping this was a remaster of :rolleyes:

Last edited:
This is steam sale bait for me. Not interested enough until its on super sale.

Most likely by the guys who never played the original or just idiots.

I wouldn't say that. Quite a lot of the reviews I read in fact recommended playing the original NES version over the re-master. A lot of it had to do with Capcom adding the subpart cut-scenes and voice acting.

However, considering I was a huge fan of Duck Tales as a kid, and the fact that my Wii U has $30 e-shop credit, I'm going to pick it up.

The original took me an hour to beat and I didn't die once.

Sure, I'll get raped for my money again?

I purchased it and have been enjoying it. I'll admit, I'm skipping cut scenes, which practically add on an hour or two of play time.

Now to beat Extreme Mode.

I didnt get it but I think the moon stage song was one of the best 8 bit songs on any game ever.

holy shit, thanks for the heads up on this. loved this game back in the day.

Console purist. I don't buy remakes. However, I would highly recommend it.

Yeah, I think it's highly stupid to remake this game when they could have made the 3rd game in the series instead. They should have at least made Ducktales 1+2 remastered. Just feels like regressing after haven beaten Ducktales 2 so many times, bring on DT3!

It's a solid remake, they just need to patch in a pro/turbo mode that doesn't have the cut scenes.

I laughed at the reviews complaining that when you game over... you get kicked from the level and lose all progress and have to start over. Oh the horror!:p

It's a solid remake, they just need to patch in a pro/turbo mode that doesn't have the cut scenes.

I laughed at the reviews complaining that when you game over... you get kicked from the level and lose all progress and have to start over. Oh the horror!:p

Kids today could have never survived the NES days. Game Over really meant Game Over!

Kids today could have never survived the NES days. Game Over really meant Game Over!

Indeed, that's what cracked me the fuck. People giving this game a 5/10 because they actually died a few times and then when it game over'd them... it actually gave them a game over. One dude even complained that wanting to throw the controller ala the NES era means games were bad then, and this is dated. It should have auto saves and blah blah blah.

I still have my NES, SNES, Genesis... and you know what, still play all those fuckers today. I love those games.

I mean I get that some NES games were cruel just for the fuck of it (I'm looking at you Ninja Gaiden), but I still love them.

I actually started laughing when I lost my final life and it just went back to the title screen and there was no continue.

I actually started laughing when I lost my final life and it just went back to the title screen and there was no continue.

The hilarious thing is they have an easy mode that doesn't game over you... so these morons are bitching for no reason. Sorry fuckers take the easy mode.

Also the soundtrack is godly, the moon song is so classic.

Man, I really used to love Duck Tales as a kid. I might have to pick up the game just for a little taste of nostalgia. However, I don't want to drop a whole lot of money on it, especially since the original wasn't exactly intricate.

With the success of DuckTales, I hope Capcom updates RescueRangers, DarkwingDuck and TaleSpin too...

I wouldn't say that. Quite a lot of the reviews I read in fact recommended playing the original NES version over the re-master. A lot of it had to do with Capcom adding the subpart cut-scenes and voice acting.

However, considering I was a huge fan of Duck Tales as a kid, and the fact that my Wii U has $30 e-shop credit, I'm going to pick it up.

you don't play platformers for cut scenes and voice acting. that is just stupid.

Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers! That was a fun game. I barely remember Darkwing Duck. I just picked up DT on the Wii U. It brings back some good memories for sure. I'm surprised how many of the secrets I remember. I got my 6 year old playing it right now.

The guy at wired.com reviewing this game should just have played on easy. That solves his issue.

The guy at wired.com reviewing this game should just have played on easy. That solves his issue.

This is similar to the post that I made in the Dark Souls thread. Too many gamers now want to Rambo through everything. After spending a lot of time in DuckTales (~11 hours), the game, even on Extreme, is a piece of cake. I realize reviewers don't want to, or can't, spend much time on games, but overall I feel this brings down the quality of reviews and helps promote the instant gratification nature of video games today, which I absolutely cannot stand.

I mean, if you only want to, or only can give a video game a couple hours at most, shouldn't it really be a first impression of a game rather than a review of a game? It's like reviewing a book based only on the first chapter.

This is similar to the post that I made in the Dark Souls thread. Too many gamers now want to Rambo through everything. After spending a lot of time in DuckTales (~11 hours), the game, even on Extreme, is a piece of cake. I realize reviewers don't want to, or can't, spend much time on games, but overall I feel this brings down the quality of reviews and helps promote the instant gratification nature of video games today, which I absolutely cannot stand.

I mean, if you only want to, or only can give a video game a couple hours at most, shouldn't it really be a first impression of a game rather than a review of a game? It's like reviewing a book based only on the first chapter.

In all fairness I don't know about the console version but the PC version of Dark Souls was a stinking pile of shit. The amount of bugs and third party tools needed to make it even playable pretty well sank the game imo.

Duck Tales remaster was fun for a few hours and I felt it was worth the money. If you aren't a fan of the original or you are too young to understand games that actually were firm on game over then nope don't buy it.

Anyone having the issue where this game launches on the wrong monitor?

I can't get it to load on my main to save my life :p

In all fairness I don't know about the console version but the PC version of Dark Souls was a stinking pile of shit. The amount of bugs and third party tools needed to make it even playable pretty well sank the game imo.

Duck Tales remaster was fun for a few hours and I felt it was worth the money. If you aren't a fan of the original or you are too young to understand games that actually were firm on game over then nope don't buy it.

I'm not talking about bugs or third party. I'm talking about reviews whining "This game is too hard, so it's not fun."

Anyone having the issue where this game launches on the wrong monitor?

There's a setting in the config file to emulate full screen, which you need to change. Sorry, I don't have a link to the steam forums atm where I found the answer.

I got it and damn it is cool...at least on wii u. i have wanted new ducktales show or game for years like over 10.

i am getting the ps3 version that comes in the box too.

i want a brand new ducktales though in 3d that plays like tomb raider/kingdom hearts and looks like the show though and lets you walk around duckburg and all that and has more story in it that happens as you play.

and a darkwing duck like batman arkhim city.....i want all the disney afternoon shows to get games in some way really.

alll the nes capcom games need tocome back too and most of the older disney games

How the hell did you die, the original wasn't hard or even remotely challenging.

How the hell did you die, the original wasn't hard or even remotely challenging.

Rust maybe?

The new last climb was brutal, I died many times there. (luckily I had it on easy, to wash away the rust) Until I noticed the shortcut... :D

Back