? dual vids

84gthatch

[H]ard|Gawd
ok i installed a 2nd vid card into my folding machine and installed a new instance of folding gpu however when i did that the first instance i had running dropped from like around 5k ppd to 3500 could i have accidentally installed 2 instances on one card?

If it helps in FahMon both instances are running GPUv2 5506 projects

Sounds like you forgot to click do not lock cores to specific CPU

Are they identical cards ??
Did you add the -gpu 0 and -gpu 1 flags to the start shortcut or additional parameters ??
Whats the PpD of the second card ??
A little more info would help.
Whats the exact hardware and which copy of the client are you running, systray or console ??

Luck ............. :D

sadly they are not identical cards the first is a 9800 gtx second is a old 8800gts

it's running on a quad phenom in the msi 4pcie platinum board

the 9800 is sitting at 3400 ppd and the 8800 is sitting at 2500 on a side note my other 9800 gtx in my main comp is sitting at 6k:D

the -gpu 0 flag goes into the additional parameters when configuring? or not running as a service and putting into the shortcut?

Did you read the multi-GPU guide in the [H]orde guides sticky ? It explain the steps correctly ;)

i mostly got the guide right apparently but i finally got the program munching on the right things so 10k ppd from that box now:) woot thanks for the help guys

free tamales and beer on me

Back