Dual PSU's

FuzzyPoncho

Limp Gawd
I currently have a TJ07 silverstone case. I was thinking about going tri-crossfire and instead of buying a new 1200watt PSU with 6 pcie connectors... I could split my 850 now and buy another smaller PSU to power the 3rd card. I already have the adapter for dual boot power up (came with the case). Does anybody have any experience with this? Drawbacks?

Your 850W PSU is enough for three-way Crossfire. You don't need to buy a new PSU at all. If it doesn't have enough connectors, just use molex to PCI-E adapters.

I noticed your sig has the HD6850, which cannot do tri crossfire, which GPUs are you consdiering this with?

i think you are near to the limit of your PSU with a trifire 6950's, and if you want to unlock and OC, then my advice, get a HX1000 or AX1200.

WIth regular 6950's, your 850 watt is enough, but barely. With unlocked 6950's, you want a 1000 watt or 1200 watt power supply. If you have the adapter to use two PSU's at the same time, there shouldn't be any problem, just make sure you have room in the case to put in a second one. Something like a CX430 or EA380 should be enough.

Back