Dual monitors, but DVD playback only on one?

OBSESSION

Weaksauce
I have a PC I'm using at the front desk of our company which via dual monitors displays presentations and our promotional DVD on a TV in the lobby. At least that's what it's supposed to do.

When I play a DVD, the video only shows up on the primary monitor. In windowed mode, you can see everything else on the secondary monitor (TV), except the video window is blank.

I'm using a Gigabyte FX5200 card with a DVI-VGA converter for the second monitor (TV). The DVD player is InterVideo WinDVD. Any suggestions?

Try setting the setting for the monitors instead of "dual" to "span". But I wouldn't be surpised if it's horribly slow like that. It treats the monitors as one big one, that's really wide.

i'd have to look back but there was an Nvidia interview on the subject..

essentially the bottom line was it was only ever going to work on 1 monitor..

whether it was because of the DVD software makers or Nvidia i can't remember..

I think 1 monitor is the unavoidable norm. My church bought two 4500 lumin projectors and I wanted to put them side-by-side to try for movies and games (before they were cieling mounted). Never could get it to work. Woulda been cool- 40 by 30 foot monitor. :)

Overlay can't display DVD's over two monitors at a time, but if you use VMR I believe you can. Nvidia's DVD Decoder features it

VMR?

And just to clarify... I want to clone the image. I want the same thing displayed on both monitors. I am not trying to stretch the image over both monitors. One monitor is at the receptionist's desk, and the secondary monitor is a TV out in the lobby.

OBSESSION said:
VMR?

And just to clarify... I want to clone the image. I want the same thing displayed on both monitors. I am not trying to stretch the image over both monitors. One monitor is at the receptionist's desk, and the secondary monitor is a TV out in the lobby.

OOOOHH! I get it now. :) Buy a VGA Y-splitter and run the same signal twice out of one vga port. I did it for a retreat this past weekend- one signal, y splitter, two 50 foot VGA cables going to two projectors. If you're going to tv there are signal boxes available that will do VGA and RCA signals together.

Are you using windows media player to watch the DVD. If so, that is a common problem with the program. Try using a program like windvd.

yeah i had this problem before too, i think i fixed it just by using a different program to play the DVD

Back