DSR = Mouse Containment Issues?

Sovereign

2[H]4U
Ever since I enabled Dynamic Super Resolution (first with the modded laptop drivers and now with official software) on my GTX 780, I've been having a strange issue with most games.

See, when I fire up a game, I expect the mouse will stay confined within that game and not end up other places. Except, that isn't the case anymore. Once I switched DSR on, my mouse would randomly wander to other screens.

How do I know? Because if I'm right-clicking (to scope in an FPS) or left-clicking (to fire my gun in that FPS) and the cursor has escaped the main screen, my game gets minimized and whatever UI element I clicked on the other screen activates. I never see the cursor move onto one of my other screens--it just happens invisibly until the Click of Doom bumps my game into the taskbar to address whatever I clicked on elsewhere.

Even using SwapScreen doesn't always fix it--sometimes the mouse wanders even when SwapScreen says it should be confined.

I'm not running fullscreen windowed/borderless windowed in any game either.

I had this issue when playing Mass Effect 2 - playing on a 4K monitor with a 1080p monitor as secondary - during planet surveys sometimes my mouse would end up on the other monitor and when I click the game minimizes! It drove me nuts.

This was on my 670 card, before the 344 drivers too. So no DSR.

Might be an issue with the game? StarCraft 2 and Diablo 3 always do this for me, I have to turn on the specific option that keeps the mouse confined to the window.

This happens to me. I don't know a fix. Can potentially happen with any game in rare situations. Sometimes minimizing with DSR doesn't work properly for me either.

Ever since I enabled Dynamic Super Resolution (first with the modded laptop drivers and now with official software) on my GTX 780, I've been having a strange issue with most games.

See, when I fire up a game, I expect the mouse will stay confined within that game and not end up other places. Except, that isn't the case anymore. Once I switched DSR on, my mouse would randomly wander to other screens.

How do I know? Because if I'm right-clicking (to scope in an FPS) or left-clicking (to fire my gun in that FPS) and the cursor has escaped the main screen, my game gets minimized and whatever UI element I clicked on the other screen activates. I never see the cursor move onto one of my other screens--it just happens invisibly until the Click of Doom bumps my game into the taskbar to address whatever I clicked on elsewhere.

Even using SwapScreen doesn't always fix it--sometimes the mouse wanders even when SwapScreen says it should be confined.

I'm not running fullscreen windowed/borderless windowed in any game either.

Same here. DSR and mouse has issues. I lose my mouse cursor completely sometimes if I Alt-Tab out for any reason.

This happens to me. I don't know a fix. Can potentially happen with any game in rare situations. Sometimes minimizing with DSR doesn't work properly for me either.

I haven't experienced this particular issue (yet...)

Back