Drobo 4-Bay Hard Drive Array w/ 16TB

Etherton

Will Bang for Poof
Stole this from SlickDeals!

Drobo 4-Bay Hard Drive Array w/ 16TB
Get a Drobo USB 3.0 model for 77% ($1,121.28) off of list price! 16TB of raw storage for $328.71 + shipping.

Click the link to go to Amazon, then select the option for 4 x 4TB (the other models are at normal pricing).

Now, will it ship? :p

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Hmmm fishy, Ships from and sold by Cap Electronics. If you click on Cap Electronics, it shows Just launched with 0 feedbacks... So tempted to try though!

It's 916.50, not 328.71, look at the actual price when you select the 4x4TB

Yeah, if you look at the ID of the device: DDR3A21-16TB

The bare Drobo is: DDR3A21

So yeah, this looks like a price goof.

Let's see if the seller honors it, cancels it or Shenanigans it.

Thanks op, just placed my order :D

6FBEaIa.jpg

Price is back to $328.71 + S/H

Just got an email confirmation on my earlier purchase. Paid via CC so I am covered by Amazon and the CC from any shens. Fingers crossed. Hope it ships. :D

Just got an email confirmation on my earlier purchase. Paid via CC so I am covered by Amazon and the CC from any shens. Fingers crossed. Hope it ships. :D

You'll probably end up with a Chobro.. :D

Price keeps changing... $599 now.

Almost like they're fishing to see where people bite. Good luck!

Order confirmations are computer generated so that doesn't mean anything one way or another. I'm going to guess there is a 90% chance orders are canceled, 9.9% chance diskless units are shipped, & 0.1% chance anyone gets a 4x4tb unit. So I'm saying there's a chance.

Order confirmations are computer generated so that doesn't mean anything one way or another. I'm going to guess there is a 90% chance orders are canceled, 9.9% chance diskless units are shipped, & 0.1% chance anyone gets a 4x4tb unit. So I'm saying there's a chance.

I've had orders sit with delivery estimates for OOS items that were 'deals' for over a week to have them cancelled due to "price mistakes".

Don't get too excited.

Well, in for one. I'm not expecting anything, but if we get lucky I could use the storage.

Mine changed to shipped. Got a feeling it's the diskless version

Mine changed to shipped. Got a feeling it's the diskless version

Mine is still preparing for shipment.

Few people on SD have them shipped and FedEx is showing 1-2lbs shipping weight, which I wouldn't say is a good sign. Regardless, one of them has it out for delivery today, so we'll know by this evening. Kinda hoping mine doesn't ship today, makes it easier to cancel the order if/when it turns out to be an empty enclosure.

Got mine this morning. Got a USED DDR3A21 unit that has CLEARLY been used. Contacted seller. Fun stuff. Fun stuff.

"Not only no HDD's but the box has the safety seal broken (black lint stuck to the sticky side), unit itself has been used, and shipped in the OEM box (that got beat to hell). Shipping label stuck to the outside.

Amazon themselves sell the base unit cheaper and with free shipping. Why would anyone order a used, base Drobo and pay $38 shipping? Calling shenanigans on this one. Deceptive seller. "

^^ This is pulled from SlickDeals ^^

Yup, Not only no HDD's but the box has the safety seal broken (black lint stuck to the sticky side), unit itself has been used, and shipped in the OEM box (that got beat to hell). Shipping label stuck to the outside.

Amazon themselves sell the base unit cheaper and with free shipping. Why would anyone order a used, base Drobo and pay $38 shipping? Calling shenanigans on this one. Deceptive seller.

(I'm copy & pasting from SD's profile)

Also, still getting database errors here :|

My order still shows preparing for shipment. Hopefully it didn't go out yet. Sent an email to cancel.

Sorry about the repost of information. Forum is still acting goofy. The second page of this thread wasn't showing up at all until now.

Likewise, hope it cancels in time.

Just to cover my ass, I also contacted Amazon and explained the situation to them. They took some information from me, and a rep will be checking on the status of my order from time to time. He said that if the seller has not contacted me and/or moved to resolve this in two business days, he would automatically file a dispute for me to be refunded.

Gotta love Amazon CS... wouldn't have chanced this with anyone else.

Have you guys really not gotten the million memos about drobo being overpriced trash

Have you guys really not gotten the million memos about drobo being overpriced trash

I think your missing the point. Had these shipped as the item they were advertised to be, that's 16TB of storage for $360. To go buy 4x4TB drives on NE right now would set you back minimum $560. Even if you ripped the drives out and threw the enclosure in the trash, it'd be a steal for the bare drives.

Granted, it doesn't matter now that we know nobody is getting the 16TB version of this.

The original price was definitely not overpriced but with that said, we are not getting what we ordered.

Sorry gentlemen - should have left this one on SD's.

The original price was definitely not overpriced but with that said, we are not getting what we ordered.

Ignore DPI. We appreciate the time you took to post the deal. Even if it was a 1 in a million shot. Sometimes those are the best deals.

Everyone who jumped on this knew what the likely outcome was. Thanks for looking out on the off chance that something good came of it :cool:

The bare chassis isn't bad at $199 from Amazon since it supports up to 32TB of max usable capacity. Good backup enclosure for a media server.

Back