• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Drive Rails?

Digital Oxide

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
293
I was going to buy a new HDD, but then I came to realise that I don't have any extra drive rails. I've looked around places like NCIX, and asked a couple people around my area.. But they can't say they know where to get them.

Can you even buy them?
 
You can buy em online for like 3 bucks a pair. Local computer stores usually have them too.
 
well drives are meant to fit into 3 1/2" bays, so the rails just screw to the drive to make them fit into 5 1/4 bays
 
ValeX said:
i dont mean to thread steal, but i figured this would be a prime time to learn, what are drive rails?


EquaLiZr said:
well drives are meant to fit into 3 1/2" bays, so the rails just screw to the drive to make them fit into 5 1/4 bays

unless of course the case employs a direct connection or a removable drive cage
there are a few systems of drive rails as well, all depends on the case

http://www.directron.com/rail.html

drive rail.jpg
 
Wow, I haven't played around with a case that required drive rails in a while. What case did you buy? Let us know so we make sure we don't pick it up...
 
I don't think the case really has a name, got it from my first computer which was from a Seanix sub-company called Cicero.
 
Back
Top