• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Drive Image Recovery

foxnews

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 9, 2006
Messages
378
I just back up my system by creating an partition image using Acronis True Image Home 9 and write to a DVD. I then use this software to create a boot cd.

When I booted from the CD and got into Acronis True Image, the sofware failed to detect any harddrive (SATA).

I did some research I found the following...
"Drive Image 7 will have problems finding the image file if the image file is on a HD connected to IDE3/SATA that is controlled by a seperate controller chip such as promise/SIS chip."

How do I fix this issue? I have Gigabyte DS3 board and Western Digtial 250GB SATA.
does this board has a separate controller which prevent Acronis True Image from recognize it?

thanks,
 
after booting from the Acronis boot cd,

1- if I choose Acronis True Image Home(safe Version), then it recognize my Harddrive with two patition but It did not list any DVD drive I have.

2- if I choose Acronis True Image Home(Full Version), then it won't recognize any harddrive or DVD with the error message: "E000101F4: Acronis True Image Home has not found any hard disk drives"

Currently my harddrive is plugged into the SATAII3, which should be controlled by Intel ICH8? from the manual, only GSATAII0 and GSATAII1 slots are controlled by Gigabyte chip.
 
I would try switching to a different sata port. I've seen some issues with 9 on some sata controllers but if you made the image off that machine I don't see why it would be an issue.
 
swatbat said:
but if you made the image off that machine I don't see why it would be an issue.

I created the image within window but I want to recover from boot menu.
within window, the softare can see all drives of course but from boot cd, it won't see IDE DVD drive (which is controlled by gigabyte chip). the full version see no drive at all, only the safe version see the SATA harddrive but not IDE DVD drive.
 
Back
Top