Dream Case... throw your opinion in here.

TooBooKoo

Gawd
I have my opinions... just curious to know what everyones else like the best. I have narrowed my favorites down to three cases... two of which I own. They are as follows...

The Zalman Z-Machine GT1000-T Titanium. Remove the writing from the side panel of this case and I think you have, easily, one of the best looking cases made. And this thing is made from some seriously thick metal. I don't own this case (cost is a bit high @ $400) but it's one of my favorites.

The Lian Li PC-V1000B Plus II. I think this is easily one of the sexiest cases you can buy. This was my first Lian Li and the quality and appearance is second to none.

The Lian Li PC-A05B. This is my newest purchase and I think it's a seriously classy little chassis. The price to quality ratio is great here. Big style, little case.

With that being said, I gotta say that my all time favorite is the V-1000. In my opinion there is no better case to be had for that price range.

Alright... so let's see your favorite cases and why.

Had a v1200 and loved it, tried a v2000 for my latest build and am planning on keeping it for a long time. I have had many cases and the lian-li's are by far my favorite, v2000 FTW!
My v2000 is a real treat to work in, nice and roomy.

PC-V1000B. Small enough to be considered a mid tower... But large enough for a full watercooling setup. I love it. I'd make little case babies with it, but the tiny airholes arn't big enough.

Lian Li V2100.

Sorry, but the tiny holes for ventilation just aren't my style. I prefer a door, and stylish, and large, which the 2100 offers.

dream case??

water tank aquarium :p

with mineral oils

for almost freezing temps :):):):):):)

Oceans12ServerCase-1.jpg

Love my Lian Li A05B...
Small, yet so much fits, including a full h2o setup.
Good airflow. (even better with a blowhole mod)
Simple cable management.
Oh so clean... :cool:

Still waiting on the Lian-Li V350B to hit the market... That is one sweet looking SFF.

Kevin

I have already mentioned that my favorite is my v2000b plus, just thought I would mention my most hated case. It was a acrylic C3 full tower case, an utter nightmare to work in, never again.
Lian-Li A05 is also my favorite sff case, very smart layout and the use of space is very impressive.

I have already mentioned that my favorite is my v2000b plus, just thought I would mention my most hated case. It was a acrylic C3 full tower case, an utter nightmare to work in, never again.
Lian-Li A05 is also my favorite sff case, very smart layout and the use of space is very impressive.

A05 isn't SFF...

It's the same width and length as a standard ATX case (or the Lian-Li PC61's and stuff)

It's just shorter in height.

Instead of having the PSU add height to it, they moved it to the front and removed some drive-bays.

Lian-Li V2000B and V2100B, have both , love both, not good LAN cases (LOL) although I have made 2 Qcons with them. Room for most any thing you could want

A05 isn't SFF...

It's the same width and length as a standard ATX case (or the Lian-Li PC61's and stuff)

It's just shorter in height.

Instead of having the PSU add height to it, they moved it to the front and removed some drive-bays.

compared to my v2000 its a sff :D.

assumptions....getting me into trouble again. sigh.

Hey infin@... cool name you got there... and I completely agree with you about the acrylic cases. I thought it would be cool to buy one and show off all my hardware... well it only ended up showing ever single wire and alot of dust stuck to the inside walls. Also, I kicked and screamed everytime I had to go inside to do something... you had to remove 50 million screws to open the side panel... then disconnect fans.... yuck. Like you said, never again.

Well, looks like the majority of us like Lian Li here... guess that 'cause LL's are [H]ard as [H}ell. I would tend to infer from that, that most people enjoy a classy looking and elegant aluminum case. I used to be one of those guys that wondered why you would spend that much on a case when you can get the same for cheaper... NO... you can't. The minute I saw a Lian Li in person, I knew I was wrong. I haven't looked back since. Now when someone asks me about a case I tell 'em, get a Lian Li... you won't regret it. But I digress.

Anyway, keep the comments coming... I'm enjoying this.

Well I can't really think of any cases that are "dream worthy" but I would really like a LL v1200

edit: tj09 = dreamworthy lol

w1retap has the right idea here, OP said dream case here, not your current case.

My dream case/computer would be very small. But yield the power of dual quad cores, allot of ram, and extreme graphics. The quads would have -100nm architecture, consume less power than a watch.

Now thats a dream case.

TJ-10 is my dream case and just happens to be my own case too :D

For me my TJ06/09
and the Cooler Master ATCS series of cases were simply stunning, I really liked the 110, 210, 220, and the 710.

My dream case is small, light, minimalist, quiet, and offering lots of water-cooling space for internally mounted radiators. I need only one 5.25 and two 3.5 drive spaces, but they'd all need to be damped or suspended.

Imagine an A05, but modified... I'd take out the drive rails/cages and front fan. The DVD drive would be in place up top attached to the top of the case with some soft mounting hardware of some sort since rails are gone. Directly below that would be the PSU exhausting out the front with the fan facing down. I would use mesh instead of the normal 5.25 plates for ventilation. Hung from the powersupply I'd suspend my two HDDs. Spanning the bottom of the case would be a 120x360 radiator, and the remaining space up top with a 120x240 radiator. Airflow is bottom to top. The rear intake fan won't fit with the radiator there, so in its place goes a bracket to suspend the pump, the T-line goes to a fillport or res in the back panel space next to the pci slots. If I was desperate for more cooling power I could put a rad on the back, but that kinda ruins the elegance and I don't think I'd need more than the ~5x150w=750w dissipation.

Since I'm getting an A05, I could do this, but until I have a rig that uses up so much heat I don't think I'll bother.

Silverstone TJ07

Amazing case, great design, lovely finish and a lot of room.

It's not a dream case, it's THE case.

The Silverstone Kublai KL02.

This thing is amazing. Fully customizable front panel (I have plans for every slot), hot swappable HDD bays located behind an intake fan that is held in place (and receives its power through) magnetic connections, and don't forget Silverstone quality.

The only reason I haven't ordered this thing already is I'm waiting for Silverstone to tell me if I can buy another magnetic front intake fan seperately so I can have two matching intakes.

It I could have *any* case, there was a TJ06 mod on the forums (I couldn't locate it for a link) that was painted completely black and had exposed copper rods carrying the power for the respective rails in the machine. The coolest mod I've ever seen that was based on a factory case.

Edit: Found it.

One that would fit a full size, plug in the wall ionic breeze or some sort of air filter in it. :D

I own my dream case as well, if it wasn't my dream case, I wouldn't have owned it for over 3 years.............:D

Mountain Mods U2 UFO.............:eek:

My dream case would be my own custom design which I would have CNC machined out of a solid block of aluminum or copper. The case would consist of 2 pieces; the side panel and the machined out block. It would cost $10,000 but it would be worth it.

other than that...

the case i have now CMStacker classic or the TJ10

My dream case just happens to have Dream in the name. Thermaltake Tsunami Dream.

Actually, it's not quite my dream case yet, it needs 2 improvements to make me fully happy.

1. 3.5" drive cage mounted 90 degrees like a lot of other TT cases
2. removable motherboard tray
3. both 1 and 2 could be overlooked if this case was a little longer.

Up until now this case was perfect until I picked up the new 8800GT video card which is 10" long including the power connector, which pushes it into 3.5" hard drive territory. I can only use 4 of the 5 bays because of this video card (though there are 2 3.5" external bays I could use, just without a fan in front)

I've been looking for a replacement case over the past few days (htpc is too loud so I figured the Tsunami Dream could be handed down to it if I could find a good case for my main rig) but I can't find anything good. If I find a nice looking case with sideways drive cage and removable mobo tray, the case ends up using 80mm fans instead of 120, or it's the upside-down lian-li which is stupidly expensive (I can afford it, but I don't WANT to spend $250 for a case!) and the drive area is far away and needs new sata cables.

I may end up just buying a second Tsunami Dream because it's the quietest and coolest (both in temperature and looks) case I've ever owned due to the 120mm fans. Dual Tsunami's side by side in the corner might be better.

One that would fit a full size, plug in the wall ionic breeze or some sort of air filter in it. :D

ionic breeze + harddrives = bad it uses a highvoltage charge over a grid to help remove the dust from the air, this means it has a highvoltage transformer.. and it is unshielded.. high voltage high frequency, and no shielding = LOTS of noise on the electric lines.. noise and data signals dont get along..

if i take my recivers and amps off my AC line filter, and run them off straight wall juice, it will crash my pc.. every time.. weather it is on the line filters or not..

Back