Armenius

Extremely [H]
Blade-Runner as always has the drop on the Dragon Quest XII reveal, but there was a slew of other titles revealed at the 35th Anniversary stream earlier this morning.

Dragon Quest XII:
https://hardforum.com/threads/dragon-quest-xii.2010788/

Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake in the style of Octopath Traveler:

Dragon Quest X Offline Remake:

New spinoff called Dragon Quest Treasures:

The only title confirmed for international release so far is XII, but it would be great to get X Offline in western countries as the original online game never made its way outside Japan. III HD-2D also looks amazing.

I do like the Octopath style remakes, and feel it should be made for more than just DQ3. In some ways, I'm disappointed it's 3, because there's already a remake for that, but if it can lead to more... I guess that's what I like about DQ, and like about Octopath. They're simple, and game over story. It's something that's bugged me with Final Fantasy, especially from 7 onwards.

I've been looking for more like that, and I know Kemco games are like that, but I've been afraid of trying them, as I hear they're crazy grind heavy.

Yeah, I'm hoping the Octopath-style remake of 3 causes Square Enix to give the same treatment to other older titles (and not just the DQ franchise).

Yeah, I'm hoping the Octopath-style remake of 3 causes Square Enix to give the same treatment to other older titles (and not just the DQ franchise).
Honestly, I'd only like to see it done to NES era games. As, I do firmly feel that the SNES era holds up well and the sprite work is well done. I like the Octopath stuff...but like, I think it would ruin something like Chrono Trigger, for example. Now, a sequel to Chrono Trigger done that way....I'd be on board.

*Yes, I'm aware of Chrono Cross.

Back