Dragon Age

Superfly3176

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm making this thread wishing i had this game now. It's so far away. Don't know if I can make it or not. I may have to freeze myself and be thawed out later Cartman style. Anyone else uber pumped for it?

I bought a voodoo 5 to play Diablo 2, a ti4200 to play Neverwinter nights, a 7900GT to play Oblivion, and 4850 CFX to play Fallout 3. This is another RPG I greatly look forward to, but I don't know if I'd need a graphics update this time. I can wait for it because it doesn't have multiplayer, so it lost some excitement. Otherwise I'd want to do a coop with my friends.

I'm making this thread wishing i had this game now. It's so far away. Don't know if I can make it or not. I may have to freeze myself and be thawed out later Cartman style. Anyone else uber pumped for it?
Well how do you think those of us feel who were watching the 2004 E3 pictures talking about the 'upcoming' Dragon Age game? You're only a couple months away. I've been waiting for a true party based BG style game since BG 2. DA is going to be amazing. :eek:

Yes I'm VERY excited for it. There has been little hype for it, which has been nice. Already have the CE preordered. :)

Well how do you think those of us feel who were watching the 2004 E3 pictures talking about the 'upcoming' Dragon Age game? You're only a couple months away. I've been waiting for a true party based BG style game since BG 2. DA is going to be amazing. :eek:

That's the boat I'm in. Been waiting for a long, long time for this game.

I am excited about this one also. I'm also looking forward to Risen.

Pre-ordered the Collector's Edition today from Amazon.

Can't wait for this game!

Not excited :( Ea has destroyed everything they have touched. Game will be another consolized piece of shit.

Not excited :( Ea has destroyed everything they have touched. Game will be another consolized piece of shit.

Yes because Dead Space, Burnout Paradise, Mirror's Edge, and NFS: Shift are such terrible games..Oh wait. Get over the brainless EA hate.

hahaha I love you kids. Dragon Age looks like a lot of fun, though I didn't realize it was singleplayer. Which, like Auzner said, kind of deflates my enthusiasm for it but it still looks like a great game.

That's the boat I'm in. Been waiting for a long, long time for this game.

Me too. I remember seeing the E3 video way back when and talking about the game on the message boards. Now it just seems like I've been waiting so long I no longer really care when it's released.

I now have a valid reason for building this PC back in March. (I've been playing SNES roms on it all summer. lol)

Yes because Dead Space, Burnout Paradise, Mirror's Edge, and NFS: Shift are such terrible games..Oh wait. Get over the brainless EA hate.

I'm not liking Shift. But I haven't really liked any NFS since Porsche. HP2 was enjoyable but a step down. Underground was unique, kind of cool in it's own way, was fun, but definitely not as good. And then they were just bleh from there. Dunno about Burnout.

Dead Space and Mirror's Edge were indeed awesome! I also am one of the ones who really enjoyed Crysis single player and it was EA published.

I too have been looking forward to Dragon Age for years. Weekly updates on gamespot for the past month or two have been awesome. Wish the Dwarves had bigger beards though, all of the videos show small beards and sometimes even no beards. Honest to god, Dwarves without beards, what was BioWare thinking.

I'm not liking Shift. But I haven't really liked any NFS since Porsche. HP2 was enjoyable but a step down. Underground was unique, kind of cool in it's own way, was fun, but definitely not as good. And then they were just bleh from there. Dunno about Burnout.

Dead Space and Mirror's Edge were indeed awesome! I also am one of the ones who really enjoyed Crysis single player and it was EA published.

I like that Shift is something completely different from other NFS titles. The Underground stuff has been worn out, the old style of NFS is dead, they had to do something different. There was really only two routes they could have gone with it, the Burnout style or the Grid style. I think they made the right choice.

What I really like is that they designed it Single Player... I'm tired of all these MMOs pretending that they offer decent storyline. I want long, interesting campaign, with well-designed NPCs, like Edwin or Korgan, and not bother with any MP

Now... if someone would revive the Ishar series, or Krondor, that would be heaven of RPG gamer :)

I was interested in it for a while...because I thought it was going to be co-op. While it still looks good, I'm not too interested in purchasing it anymore.

Does anyone know the long story of why BioWare no longer will do DnD based games?

Does anyone know the long story of why BioWare no longer will do DnD based games?

I'm not really sure. I had always thought it was so they could have a little more freedom in their game design and setting.

They don't own the rights to make DND games and they don't want to do them anymore. Never seen any evidence that it was anything more complex than that.

What I really like is that they designed it Single Player... I'm tired of all these MMOs pretending that they offer decent storyline. I want long, interesting campaign, with well-designed NPCs, like Edwin or Korgan, and not bother with any MP

Now... if someone would revive the Ishar series, or Krondor, that would be heaven of RPG gamer :)

Krondor was based on a book series wasn't it? And the game sequels to the original Betrayal were poor. I don't know anything about the lore besides what I know from the Betrayal game so I dunno if there are other story lines to make a game off of. That said, I played Betrayal at Krondor to death so I'd be all for it.

I am definitely excited about dragon age. I don't care if it doesn't have any type of
multiplayer as I have never really played any rpg that was multiplayer except for the
neverwinter nights series and even then I only played single player. Hope dragon age
turns out to be a great game.

Forgive me for not keeping up on this game, but is it classified as an action RPG or is it more of a pure RPG? I get bored after endless lines of text from each and every NPC that has a quest for me.

Forgive me for not keeping up on this game, but is it classified as an action RPG or is it more of a pure RPG? I get bored after endless lines of text from each and every NPC that has a quest for me.

Its a cRPG like their old games.

This is a storyline heavy game so you may not be interested. It is absolutely not an action RPG.

I was interested in it for a while...because I thought it was going to be co-op. While it still looks good, I'm not too interested in purchasing it anymore.

My Brothers and buddies totally agree. We were so pumped for this game, thinking it would be like all of Bioware's kick ass RPG's which everyone had CoOp standard. Baldurs Gate, Ice Wind Dale, Never Winter Nights series, etc...

No CoOp, no thanks.

They probably did a lot of calculations and research only to discover that on average only 1.2 people would play the game together. Rounding down gave them 1, so they decided to make it single player. Why invest time for 4-6 cooperate play if only 2% of their customers would actually use it? Most people today want "casual (console)" games that they can stick in, start kicking something's ass without reading a manual or paying attention to any story. I'm really all assumptions here, but I bet they looked at NWN and NWN2 and saw how not many used the coop. BG/IWD it was already in the engine and probably wasn't too difficult to add. Though multiplayer in those over the internet was kinda annoying.

They probably did a lot of calculations and research only to discover that on average only 1.2 people would play the game together. Rounding down gave them 1, so they decided to make it single player. Why invest time for 4-6 cooperate play if only 2% of their customers would actually use it? Most people today want "casual (console)" games that they can stick in, start kicking something's ass without reading a manual or paying attention to any story. I'm really all assumptions here, but I bet they looked at NWN and NWN2 and saw how not many used the coop. BG/IWD it was already in the engine and probably wasn't too difficult to add. Though multiplayer in those over the internet was kinda annoying.

NWN1 and NWN2 was ALL ABOUT the multiplayer. There were tons of persistent servers up running 24/7 for years for multiplayer. NWN was designed from the ground up about group play.

And the Gaystations and X-Flop games have more CoOp options than PC Gaming ever gets. Look at Doom ]l[, never had CoOp for the PC, but came with it from the start on the X-Box, same with Hayblow, that huge series always had CoOp in all 3 games, but the port to the PC never got it.

It's gonna be great I can't wait for it. I've been playing all rpg's for awhile, since Baldur's Gate. Never really wanted to play online. You get pretty much the same game play as in single player, it's the same story line lol. I think they tried to make up for the multiplayer by having the different playable characters with different story lines. Aka replay value.

I have a couple of the videos of DA on my ipod lol....nerdy i know...don't judge... :eek:

They should have treated multiplayer like NWN2 or BG2... Just focus on the single player experience, then add the option to have multiple players in it. One player is the protagonist and experiences all of the cut-scenes and dialog, the rest of the players are just there to play. I can't imagine that would take much development time, and it would give people a chance to enjoy some coop.

They should have treated multiplayer like NWN2 or BG2... Just focus on the single player experience, then add the option to have multiple players in it. One player is the protagonist and experiences all of the cut-scenes and dialog, the rest of the players are just there to play. I can't imagine that would take much development time, and it would give people a chance to enjoy some coop.

Its EA. They were scared that a PC version that included CoOp superior to the shitty console edition may cut into there profits. Why do you think they delayed the already finished version for the PC to have a simultanious launch with the consoles? More time to polish it my ass.

Back