Dragon Age

Its EA. They were scared that a PC version that included CoOp superior to the shitty console edition may cut into there profits. Why do you think they delayed the already finished version for the PC to have a simultanious launch with the consoles? More time to polish it my ass.

No, it wasn't finished. Bioware never said it was finished. They have squashed that statement multiple times on their own forums. The on-disc content was finalized, meaning they weren't going to add any more to the disc. That does NOT mean the game was ready to ship. The game would have been delayed either way and they HAVE been working on the PC version and extra content since that time.

No, it wasn't finished. Bioware never said it was finished. They have squashed that statement multiple times on their own forums. The on-disc content was finalized, meaning they weren't going to add any more to the disc. That does NOT mean the game was ready to ship. The game would have been delayed either way and they HAVE been working on the PC version and extra content since that time.

It WAS finished. See I can use caps to get my point across also. Any ways no co-op is EA's fault. Bioware is going to go to hell the same way everything else EA touches does.

NWN1 and NWN2 was ALL ABOUT the multiplayer. There were tons of persistent servers up running 24/7 for years for multiplayer. NWN was designed from the ground up about group play.
I know, but like you said, they were playing player-made modules or PWs. No one was doing the built-in campaign. PWs were the only way of having it so people don't have their char all hacked up.

Wait, if Dragon Age has a toolset, why is there no multiplayer? TBD? What's the point of putting that tool in? Honestly, when people make "mods" or "add-ons" or "new campaigns" only like 0.5% of them are actually well done and completed. Basically only one or two out of the 1000's. NWN was an exception since it had a powerful toolset and got so many different servers, but I mean all PC games in general. So in a year Dragon Age will have about 5,000 new user-made campaigns, 1,000 of them will be from different people, 20 of them will be worth downloading, 2 will be playable 90% of the way through, and 1 will be worth recommending to someone.

It WAS finished. See I can use caps to get my point across also. Any ways no co-op is EA's fault. Bioware is going to go to hell the same way everything else EA touches does.

No, genius. Bioware never planned for co-op in the game. Not back 2004 when the game was announced and not now when its almost done. Deal with it and kill the brainless EA hate. Those retarded statements have been proven wrong by a few EA games in the last year. If you have 100% proof it was finished, which is something the fucking developers say is not true, provide it.

I'm starting to wonder if some of these "I was so suprised and disappointed when I found out I couldn't coop with my friends...I'm not buying" type posts are fake. Sure, some people might be honest (not accusing anyone here)... but I see a lot of these type posts and I'm beginning to wonder if some people have some sort of vendetta or other issue. Or maybe trying to rationalize pirating it.

No, genius. Bioware never planned for co-op in the game. Not back 2004 when the game was announced and not now when its almost done. Deal with it and kill the brainless EA hate. Those retarded statements have been proven wrong by a few EA games in the last year. If you have 100% proof it was finished, which is something the fucking developers say is not true, provide it.

Provide yours. My hate is not retarded and has yet to be proven wrong. If you enjoy sloppy seconds from consoles continue to blow EA. A turd is a turd regardless of polish. The devolopers retracted that statement months ago so how about you fucking prove it since you have the hair up your ass.

Provide yours. My hate is not retarded and has yet to be proven wrong. If you enjoy sloppy seconds from consoles continue to blow EA. A turd is a turd regardless of polish. The devolopers retracted that statement months ago so how about you fucking prove it since you have the hair up your ass.

http://daforums.bioware.com/viewtop...ght=why do we have to wait for the pc version

10th post down.

You're waiting because it isn't done yet.

Can't get much more definitive than that.

Proven right? When? Burnout Paradise has been one of the best ports done in a long time. The lack of DLC support is an issue.

Dead Space, outside of the mouse issue (which has never actually bothered me), is another well done port and a good game.

NFS: Shift. From what I've played so far, is pretty good.

Mirror's Edge...Ok, this one is arguable but at least the port was good.

Mercs2 was a pretty bad port, so that's one.

Godfather 2 was alright, the port wasn't bad.

RA3 I really loved, even as a long time fan of the series. PC version was the primary, so no port there.

I think I hit all the big multiplats from the last year, might be missing a couple. Not even sure if Mercs 2 was within the last year or it released earlier in 08.

For me, whether or not I buy a game depends on whether or not it provides me with a minimum of 100 hours of fun experience (including replayability). Some games manage to do just that. Some games manage to provide me several hundred hours of fun.

That said, I'm looking forward to Dragon Age. My prediction is that it will have a good storyline, but I'm also looking for a strategic game so elements of design and planning in character building, as well as tactical combat.

I think the every decision matters in the game is going to be awesome especially without a good/bad slider bar. Will prove to lots of replayability.

According to the early details about Dragon Age point to several storylines overlapping each other depending on your race. Seems that this might be a bit more complex than BG and NWN which might make it difficult to implement a MP.

How bout we wait and play the game before passing such harsh judgement ahead of time

the game was finished. it was delayed soley for a console relase.

However the were never going to include multplayer support. i'm not sure why bioware said it was going to be a true spirtual successor to baldur's gate. I think they meant only the mult party gameplay as opposed to the co-op game play.

I think it will be a good game, it probally won't be as good as baldur's gate 2. I don't even think it's possible to make a game like baldur's gate 2 anymore (i think bioware even stated this, that the move over to 3d, makes a game the size and scope and complexity of baldur's gate 2 impossible, although i'm thinking if they had the budget of grand theft auto 4, they could come damn close), but if they get close, i would be happy with that.

Last edited:
I think it will be a good game, it probally won't be as good as baldur's gate 2. I don't even think it's possible to make a game like baldur's gate 2 anymore (i think bioware even stated this, that the move over to 3d, makes a game the size and scope and complexity of baldur's gate impossible, although i'm thinking if they had the budget of grand theft auto 4, they could come damn close),
Then they should go back to 2d.

If the gameplay and story is good enough, and the engine was updated for compatibility and new resolutions i'm sure infinity engine games would still be top sellers. However they want to attract the 14 year old market, gamers looking for a great RPG come 2nd to them at least.

The fact that there is no multiplayer in this id a dissapointment. Multiplayer, coop, and having a module editor is something that has defined their previous fantasy games and one of the reasons why they were so popular. I've played through ALL of their games with MP with a friend at some point. Even had a 5 player IWD 2 game that was finished... fun times.

Best time playing NWN1? Wasn't the single player, was playing the Diablo 1 remake module for it with 2 of my friends. Amazing fun, anyone who doesn't care about no MP in this and bashes those who do clearly has never utilized this epic and important feature.

No multiplayer support kills the need for difficult hack and slash type modules that were for the previous games. Went from wanting this game to hoping for a NWN3 from obsidian that was actually polished. However that hope is dead since 4th edition DND sucks and WOTC would probably force them to adopt those shitty childrens boardgame rules.

Hoping for at least actual well thought out strategic gameplay in this like in BG2, if its a console kiddie action game I will pass. Tired of settling for dumbed down RPGs.

Eh that interview is full of Bioware beat around the bush speak. Nothing that definitely says its done or not done. Typical Bioware evasion answers.

"The PC version of "Dragon Age: Origins" is shaping up quite well, but the recent decision was made to ensure we deliver the quality kind of launch you’d expect from our games."

That is about the closest thing to a direct answer in the article. Even that doesn't really say much. The end of it especially. So if they were forced to launch it in March would it not have had the kind of launch people expect from their games? Would they have delayed the game anyway to ensure that quality? Was the game actually done before the delay?

All we know for sure, from other statements, is that back before the delay the game was in a QA state. They weren't adding anything else to the game. The above statement combined with Chris' statement of the game "not being done yet" really doesn't give a lot of confidence to the argument of the game being done and ready to ship before the delay was announced.

If the gameplay and story is good enough, and the engine was updated for compatibility and new resolutions i'm sure infinity engine games would still be top sellers. However they want to attract the 14 year old market, gamers looking for a great RPG come 2nd to them at least.
Yep, if BG3 was on the infinity engine with Win7 support and any resolution, I'd definitely play it next year.

Tired of settling for dumbed down RPGs.
Press M for map to see the highlighted route of where to find missing Timmy. Be sure to purchase 20-60 healing potions for combat.

I have a family member working on the game. As of middle of August, It wasn't finished. I yelled at him about the no co-op thing but it wasn't his decision.

Personally, watching the videos and trailers, I'm not interested in the Bioware brand of NPC companions interacting with each other with some kind of fake story generated between them. I play these games because I want my character (and real life friends) to be put into that world to play co-operatively. I've played every Bioware and Obsidian game in this lineage from Baldur's Gate to NWN2 and all the expansions inbetween and I don't see any marked improvement in the lame acting or annoying NPCs - none of which I like. I prefer to play these games without NPC companions period because I find I always have a bone to pick with them, they seem fake, they are annoying, I want them to shut-up, etc. The writing does not seem (from the trailers) to have improved at all over NWN which is supposedly what the whole deal with no co-op is about - that they could focus on this kind of NPC storyline and really engross the player in the single player story and I think it's crap.

BG2 had the greatest NPC interactions. There are also many user mods to add even more. I've yet to replay BG2 again with all these mods for widescreen, user patches, and extra content. NWN I did find kind of corny and easy, I never did finish it. Dragon Age letting you have different starting stories seems pretty interesting. I hope they've invested a lot into the NPC party members for AI and interaction if they're not going to have coop. Having NPCs in BG2 gave you more side quests which were always interesting to do. Remember in BG2 you could not do all the quests in one play because of this, plus the fact your class had its own keep to obtain. Hopefully there will be more replayability to select a different origin and NPC line up throughout the game.

BG2 had the greatest NPC interactions. There are also many user mods to add even more. I've yet to replay BG2 again with all these mods for widescreen, user patches, and extra content. NWN I did find kind of corny and easy, I never did finish it. Dragon Age letting you have different starting stories seems pretty interesting. I hope they've invested a lot into the NPC party members for AI and interaction if they're not going to have coop. Having NPCs in BG2 gave you more side quests which were always interesting to do. Remember in BG2 you could not do all the quests in one play because of this, plus the fact your class had its own keep to obtain. Hopefully there will be more replayability to select a different origin and NPC line up throughout the game.

Personally, considering that I absolutely love every Bioware game ever made, I have high expectations that this game with be very indepth

If the gameplay and story is good enough, and the engine was updated for compatibility and new resolutions i'm sure infinity engine games would still be top sellers.However that hope is dead since 4th edition DND sucks and WOTC would probably force them to adopt those shitty childrens boardgame rules.

Hoping for at least actual well thought out strategic gameplay in this like in BG2, if its a console kiddie action game I will pass. Tired of settling for dumbed down RPGs.

+1

1st edition/AD&D ftw.

Its EA. They were scared that a PC version that included CoOp superior to the shitty console edition may cut into there profits. Why do you think they delayed the already finished version for the PC to have a simultanious launch with the consoles? More time to polish it my ass.

Yeah, It is not like a console player has access to a high end PC. They will be pretty much stuck on the console version anyways. I can't count the number of games on consoles that eventually ended up on a PC (which always sucks ass) but when there is a chance for a PC game to be ported to a console, they would rather hold on to it so the consoles can have a simultaneous release.

I liked the old days when it was just PC vs console arguments. Now consoles are the industry focus causing the quality of PC games to decline as they are leftovers from the console. Why must they merge like this?

I liked the old days when it was just PC vs console arguments. Now consoles are the industry focus causing the quality of PC games to decline as they are leftovers from the console. Why must they merge like this?

This is just temporary for the next decade at most. Soon all house holds will be running computers everywhere, and will control tons of things, like your lighting, HVAC, home theater, plus your gaming and office work. I would think a console box that just does gaming only would be useless soon, or not worth it. I have never owned a console and never plan too, well I did back in the 80s before my PC days, that was like the first Nintendo and Atari 2600. But ever since I built my first computer like 20 years ago I never looked back.

This is just temporary for the next decade at most. Soon all house holds will be running computers everywhere, and will control tons of things, like your lighting, HVAC, home theater, plus your gaming and office work. I would think a console box that just does gaming only would be useless soon, or not worth it. I have never owned a console and never plan too, well I did back in the 80s before my PC days, that was like the first Nintendo and Atari 2600. But ever since I built my first computer like 20 years ago I never looked back.

I hope you're right.

Maybe future PC's will have a "plugginable gaming console module" if anything for a quick upgrade to slower hardware. (I hope not)

Back