Dragon Age 3: Inquisition Announced

Kinsaras

2[H]4U
http://www.gamersdailynews.com/story-28967-Dragon-Age-3-Inquisition-Announced.html

the next chapter in the award-winning role-playing game (RPG) franchise, is in development at BioWare Edmonton and BioWare Montreal. Coming in late 2013, Dragon Age 3: Inquisition combines the storytelling legacy BioWare is known for, with deep RPG gameplay, all on a brand new RPG game engine underpinned by EA's critically-acclaimed Frostbite 2 technology.

"The Dragon Age team has been working on Dragon Age 3: Inquisition for almost two years now," said Aaryn Flynn, General Manager of BioWare Edmonton and BioWare Montreal. "We've been poring over player feedback from past games and connecting directly with our fans. They haven't held back, so we're not either. With Dragon Age 3: Inquisition, we want to give fans what they're asking for - a great story with choices that matter, a massive world to explore, deep customization and combat that is both tactical and visceral."

Added Flynn, "At the same time, we know we need new technology to truly make this vision become fully realized. And we've been working with DICE to make Frostbite 2 the foundation for the engine that is going to power Dragon Age 3."

The Dragon Age franchise has received over 80 awards from critics around the world, and has sold over 8 million copies to date*. Created by BioWare, the property has spawned many novels, an animated film, comic books, collectibles and more since Dragon Age: Origins launched in 2009.

I am really hoping DA3 is a worthy successor to the orignal game after a pretty ordinary second game. DA:O was brilliant.

I'll admit I was a sucker and pre-ordered (wasted) $60 on DA2. I learned my lesson. EA made sequels suck. If I every buy it, it won't be til after folk on [H] have played it.

I wonder what kind of multiplayer EA will force this game to have. I'm not getting my hopes up on it at all.

http://www.gamersdailynews.com/story-28967-Dragon-Age-3-Inquisition-Announced.html

the next chapter in the award-winning role-playing game (RPG) franchise, is in development at BioWare Edmonton and BioWare Montreal. Coming in late 2013, Dragon Age 3: Inquisition combines the storytelling legacy BioWare is known for, with deep RPG gameplay, all on a brand new RPG game engine underpinned by EA's critically-acclaimed Frostbite 2 technology.

"The Dragon Age team has been working on Dragon Age 3: Inquisition for almost two years now," said Aaryn Flynn, General Manager of BioWare Edmonton and BioWare Montreal. "We've been poring over player feedback from past games and connecting directly with our fans. They haven't held back, so we're not either. With Dragon Age 3: Inquisition, we want to give fans what they're asking for - a great story with choices that matter, a massive world to explore, deep customization and combat that is both tactical and visceral."

Added Flynn, "At the same time, we know we need new technology to truly make this vision become fully realized. And we've been working with DICE to make Frostbite 2 the foundation for the engine that is going to power Dragon Age 3."

The Dragon Age franchise has received over 80 awards from critics around the world, and has sold over 8 million copies to date*. Created by BioWare, the property has spawned many novels, an animated film, comic books, collectibles and more since Dragon Age: Origins launched in 2009.

So... They're abandoning past decisions and creating a new game with the title of a sequel? Dragon Battlefield - Age 3: The Modern Inquisition! Hopes are extremely low.

Can't be any worse than the last one.....I hope.

Call of Battlefield Dragon Mass Duty Effect Crysis Age 3 is my expectation until proven otherwise....I also expect an ending that is either a red explosion, a blue explosion, or a green explosion.

When EA announces things I can never quite tell if they are trolling us or not.

When EA announces things I can never quite tell if they are trolling us or not.

I just assume that EA's PR has trolling turned to ALWAYS ON. I definitely won't be preordering due to such heinous marketing methods.

Can't wait to get my Dragon killstreaks! Also, I hope it has a multiplayer component that is required to get the full singleplayer experience! Oh and please, please, withhold some content from the main game and sell it to me for $15 on release. Let me be your moron EA!

I might get this, and since I have not played the other DA games I will probably like it. :p

I might get this, and since I have not played the other DA games I will probably like it. :p

If you enjoy RPG's at all, you are doing yourself a great disservice by not playing Dragon Age: Orgins. Dragon Age 2 on the other hand , was pure rubbish and you missing it is no great thing.

With the news that Morrigan will be in it I have hope.

They REALLY need to change things though.

DA:O was an EXCELLENT game, the characters (Especially Morrigan and Alistar), storyline, everything was great.

DA:II on the other hand, took away variety (mainly in a city), reused the same art assests over and over and over, took away many player choices (could no longer build your party's skills how you want, IE if you want a healer mage you MUST chose Anders, even if you like the other characters better) and you could no longer outfit them in what you wanted.

Combat was even worse, you could no longer ues real tactics, enemies spawned invisibly around your party, so setting up traps/combinations was near useless.

I heard that, in a grounbreaking move to make the game more accessible to all demographics, Bioware has chosen to remove all combat from the DA3 and make the game completely dialog based. Also, in a milestone of streamlined development, there will be a $10 day 1 DLC that let's you "skip to the end" for those with limited time available to sit down and play.

DA:O was great. :D

DA2 was a cash grab by EA while the DA name was a hot property and everyone knows it. :mad:

After the ME3 disaster, I sadly don't have high hopes of them bringing back the wonder of DA:O at all and have no plans to preorder it and likely end up having that be a total waste of $60. :(

If they can bring back the fun combat of DA:O and add real consequences, I'm all in. Naturally, I'll wait for the suckers to shell out their $60 to see what happens.

<3 suckers

And there will be romanceable sparkling vampires!

Anyways, I'm sure it will be better than DA2, which isn't saying much. And if EA takes their marketing decisions finger print off it, it might end up pretty good.

I heard that, in a grounbreaking move to make the game more accessible to all demographics, Bioware has chosen to remove all combat from the DA3 and make the game completely dialog based. Also, in a milestone of streamlined development, there will be a $10 day 1 DLC that let's you "skip to the end" for those with limited time available to sit down and play.

I thought they were going to capitalize on the massive MMO market like their Star Wars "RPG". I'm so confused.

I would be 100% satisfied if they just took the same engine and specs from the first game and just gave us a new/longer story. Kind of like Awakenings was, but much longer.

However I think we all know what to really expect. I foresee inventory being eliminated, tacked on multiplayer, a bunch of different pre-sell items, a dozen overpriced day-1 DLCs, and a buggy PC release attributed to piracy.

To be honest, if they do mutliplayer (EA has said all their games will have mp from now on) I REALLY REaLLY hope it's a small-form co op, similar to how BG and games did it, basically where a couple of friends can join you and play with your party.

However to do this correctly they'd need to make the host of the game the one able to control dialogues and make it so that the friends joining in can't mess up the storyline/choices the leader makes or something. They could still include them into cutscenes/dialogue but the big choices that can impact how a character feels about them, changing them (IE "hardening/romance" options) and story releated choices need to be left up to the host/leader.

$10 Multiplayer will consist of a ME3-style co-op waves consisting of 'darkspawn' enemies.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the storyline will consist of hunting down a certain person's devil spawn (storyline being altered depending on how your player's past game events occurred).

Either way, I'm reallh hoping it's a return to form for the series.

Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice.... isn't going to happen.

Consider funding Obsidian's Project Eternity if you don't like the direction Bioware has been taking.

More

legendary game designers Chris Avellone, Tim Cain, and Josh Sawyer are excited to bring you a new role-playing game for the PC. Project Eternity (working title) pays homage to the great Infinity Engine games of years past: Baldur&#8217;s Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment.

Less

the property has spawned many novels, an animated film, comic books, collectibles and more since Dragon Age: Origins

I sure as hell won't be preordering this. All kinds of done with that for EA. Have to see how it looks after release. Specifically if the story looks good (the main thing) and if the multi-player doesn't fuck with the game.

I hope it is good, but I'm worried.

They've already been working on it for longer than they worked on DA2. That's got to be a good thing.

That IS true. I imagine the game can't be as bad as #2 was. I'm just concerned that it might be worse, but in different ways. I'm deeply concerned about forced multiplayer and an abridged game to "benefit" from DLC.

MP can probably go to hell. I don't mind it in ME3 and think it's fun, actually, but it clearly affected the SP experience. ME3 had way too much auto dialogue throughout the game and was generally not as thorough as the previous two Mass Effects. This is to say nothing of the ending, of course.

I'll be fine with MP so long as it is either:

1) Something optional to the SP experience. As others have said, something like BG2 or NWN2 where a friend could come along for the ride. The game didn't really acknowledge the multiple players, it was just an option, for those that wished it.

2) 100% removed from the single player experience, something I don't have to touch at all if I don't want and that in no way messes with the SP game.

Otherwise, I'm giving the game a pass. I play these kind of games for the SP experience. If they fuck it up, I'm out. Mass Effect 3 taught me that lesson well (the MP isn't my big problem with that game, but I do have an issue with it).

The real Inquisition shoulda happened at EA/Bioware when gamers could ask them directly how they could have made such a horrible sequel to the original Dragon Age, which was by far one of the best RPG's we have seen on the Personal Computer in years, even though it was sort of linear, the story was top notch, and the gameplay wasn't too shabby even if some of the mechanics were open to abuse.

But that sequel . . . ugh, sequelitis to the extreme. Everything that you could do wrong in a sequel, EA/Bioware managed to do it.

Like some on here, I will wait until others play it, and honestly, I don't have my hopes up after seeing the Mass Effect 3 debacle.

I'm solely speaking as a fan of the original that would like to see some justice done.

DA2, SWTOR, ME3....does anyone here seriously think the fourth time is the charm? Especially considering no one at EA / Bioware has even admitted to a multitude of MAJOR problems in all three games.

Back