dpc latency with nVidia drivers...

sMiLeYz

Limp Gawd
Summary:
I've been getting random spikes of DPC latency while playing L4D2 or other computer games. I disabled the audio and my wireless on my computer, no dice. I still get mad dpc.
It's been a huge buzz kill so I tried to isolate it

30tnzpx.png

on xperf
a3crav.png

So it's nvlddmkm.sys, looks like a video driver problem.

My question:
What do I do? Buy a new videocard or a new monitor? How do I fix my dpc latency.

Heres my system specs:
C2Q 9550 @ 2.83
eVGA 750i FTW
G.skill PC8000 4 Gigs DDR2
PCP&C Silencer 750WATT
Dual 8800GT SLI
High Definition Audio
Samsung LN32A550 32" LCD tv
Windows 7 home premium 64-bit
nvidia drivers 260.89

If you're NOT using an onboard LAN but your mobo does indeed have one go into your bios and disable the onboard LAN.

Let me know if this changes anything.

i have disabled my entire serial port, onboard LAN disabled, if you look at xperf it shows that the highlighted nvidia driver file is giving me the problems

have you tried with the 258.96 drivers just to see if theres a difference?

I had the 258.96s before I upgraded to the 260.89, they weren't making the difference...

hmm no clue then.. even checked mine with my cpu and both my cards running F@H and its only at 143..

Based on your sig I assume your machine is still running at stock speed, video card included?

I wonder if you could be starting to see instability due to Nvidias G92 heat cycling problem...

everything is running stock, ive been googling the problem. theres a theory that when i use the dvi-to-hdmi cable on my 32" samsung, it's creating dpc latency.... gonna try with a vga cable later

RMA the videocard. I had a 7900GTX that initially performance just slowed down significantly, Process Explorer said high interrupts and DPC were very high on CPU usage. Then over time it started artifacting, random dots, blinking things that weren't suppose to blink, odd objects appearing through other objects.

You can try underclocking temporarily just to see if that's it. If your DPC suddenly goes way down when you underclock by 15-20% on the GPU and memory there you go.

excuse my ignorance, but what do people use to overclock nvidia cards now?

extreme stupidity.

jk

you can use msi afterburner it also monitors tons of stuff on the vid card, change voltages, set up a fan routine, has an overlay similar to fraps and more. you dont need an msi card.

rivatuner

theres a patch that goes with the geforce drivers, it used to be coolbits, that enables some settings in the nvid console.

excuse my ignorance, but what do people use to overclock nvidia cards now?
EVGA Precision is a nice and simple tool. it will cause a little hitching if you leave it running while playing a game so turn if off unless you are needing to monitor something during a game.

Back