Shadowprice
2[H]4U
- Joined
- Jun 7, 2005
- Messages
- 2,089
Exact specs are currently in my sig.
So I'm looking to possibly downgrade a couple things in my rig, as I've made a few changes in the household, my rig will be moving out into the living room to serve as kind of a "family" PC and shifting from gaming to more multimedia.
Two things I'm wanting to kind of look at here:
I want to really downgrade the R4 Design case, as much as I love it, its way too big and heavy and a bit overkill for what I'm using my rig for now, not to mention the LED light is SUPER bright, and so bad that I have to cover it up, I realize I can cut the power off to it, but I'm not really wanting to do that, because I do like having a light knowing my rig is on. I'd like recommendations on a smaller case that is still somewhat quiet (not expecting silence from the R4) and easy to work with, just needs USB 3.0 ports and preferably a low profile black color, I like designs like the Antec 300 and Corsair 200R. I know there is also a NZXT case as well that looks pretty nice.
I'm also looking at downgrading my GPU which is a Asus GTX 660 Ti, I'd like something that draws less energy, preferably slot only and no pins, only requirements is ability to stream HD content (Youtube, hulu, netflix), smooth scrolling, practically no gaming will be done at all, I haven't played a single game on my rig is over 12 months. I was thinking of some low profile card, maybe even something fanless would be nice.
Anything else anyone can spot out that I can downgrade for a more low profile build and drawing less energy. This rig will be shifting more from budget gaming to general office and multimedia use, I still like to build and will continue to build off of it, eventually the goal will be to move into a IGP setup when the processor will be worthwhile upgrading if I ever want to get into video editing.
Needs can always change from time to time, but right now most of my gaming is being done on my PS4 (its where most of my friends, family, and co workers are), and less from the PC, and not having as much time to play due to work and life.
I've even thought about forgoing having a rig and just moving into a laptop but I don't want to do that, I like having the foundation I've built, even if I am just a very casual builder and somewhat very novice, I like being able to build my own rig.
Any advice is welcome, thanks.
So I'm looking to possibly downgrade a couple things in my rig, as I've made a few changes in the household, my rig will be moving out into the living room to serve as kind of a "family" PC and shifting from gaming to more multimedia.
Two things I'm wanting to kind of look at here:
I want to really downgrade the R4 Design case, as much as I love it, its way too big and heavy and a bit overkill for what I'm using my rig for now, not to mention the LED light is SUPER bright, and so bad that I have to cover it up, I realize I can cut the power off to it, but I'm not really wanting to do that, because I do like having a light knowing my rig is on. I'd like recommendations on a smaller case that is still somewhat quiet (not expecting silence from the R4) and easy to work with, just needs USB 3.0 ports and preferably a low profile black color, I like designs like the Antec 300 and Corsair 200R. I know there is also a NZXT case as well that looks pretty nice.
I'm also looking at downgrading my GPU which is a Asus GTX 660 Ti, I'd like something that draws less energy, preferably slot only and no pins, only requirements is ability to stream HD content (Youtube, hulu, netflix), smooth scrolling, practically no gaming will be done at all, I haven't played a single game on my rig is over 12 months. I was thinking of some low profile card, maybe even something fanless would be nice.
Anything else anyone can spot out that I can downgrade for a more low profile build and drawing less energy. This rig will be shifting more from budget gaming to general office and multimedia use, I still like to build and will continue to build off of it, eventually the goal will be to move into a IGP setup when the processor will be worthwhile upgrading if I ever want to get into video editing.
Needs can always change from time to time, but right now most of my gaming is being done on my PS4 (its where most of my friends, family, and co workers are), and less from the PC, and not having as much time to play due to work and life.
I've even thought about forgoing having a rig and just moving into a laptop but I don't want to do that, I like having the foundation I've built, even if I am just a very casual builder and somewhat very novice, I like being able to build my own rig.
Any advice is welcome, thanks.