Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
And its back in stock at newegg.![]()
any (legit) place still selling this monitor?
seems out of stock everywhere.
anyone have issues turning the monitor on? It seems like I have to press the on button pretty hard or hold it for 1-2 seconds before i can turn this thing on. when I power down tho all it takes is a simple click on the power.
I remember I had this problem too. When I first got the monitor it would not turn on however many times I pressed the power button.. Thought it was DOA..Held it down and magically it turned on
Does the A-TW polarizer really make a difference? I just do office work, web browser, look at photos, write a lot in word processors, and play the occasional game, etc.
I mean spending $753 on Amazon for the Doublesight 263N (without A-TW) and $1232 for the NEC 2690 is a huge difference.
Seriously, is the A-TW worth $500 for what I do above?
Does the A-TW polarizer really make a difference? I just do office work, web browser, look at photos, write a lot in word processors, and play the occasional game, etc.
I mean spending $753 on Amazon for the Doublesight 263N (without A-TW) and $1232 for the NEC 2690 is a huge difference.
Seriously, is the A-TW worth $500 for what I do above?
I've posted this before, several weeks back and well... it hasn't changed.
The DS without an A-TW polarizer looks worse than a TN pannel. The DS, even head on has whte bleed. I personally bought the DS and the Samsung 2693. I returned the DS.
Point blank, if your not doing "professional color" buy the TN pannel. If you need professional color buy the NEC. The TN pannel @ $499 w/ free shipping is an amazing display and I prefer it over the DS even if the DS was cheaper than the TN!
Peter.
so what's the consensus on this lcd? Is it still good w/o the polarizer? Do they have it in stock now? Best place to buy it is at amazon?
You say that without having seen one with the polarizer. Why would I care how it looks from the side? The polarizer makes a difference even when you're sitting in front of the monitor. It gets rid of that obnoxious white glow, which helps contrast quite a bit.
^easy way to find out...
Amazon says they have some in stock as well. Then again, why not wait for the new model![]()