Double Gromacs Super-Size!

Buckus

[H]ard|Gawd
Folding double-gromacs core, over 2400 points/week on Athlon64!!

Anyone else seen this kind of performance from the double Gromacs? I have a 107 pointer that will only take 7 hours to complete on my Athlon64 3200+!

I've been running FAD on the A64 as of late. Haven't tried it with DBL-GROs. (which by the way it parses through SARS units pretty damn quickly)

Got my first one today.

On an AMD 2400+ p936 will take 23.3 hours.
That works out as 2.29 points per hour per Ghz.
I like these new protiens as they seam to give another 50% increase in speed.

Anybody else worked out PPDPG.

Luck.........:D

Damn, I'm gonna have to find a way to get some more money to get my system upgraded to an A64 somehow. I'd prefer to wait for socket 939 no matter what but I'm going to have to get some money.

Too bad I'm working on getting some new wheels and tires for my car. Otherwise I'd be in a much better position to upgrade.

P4 and AMD64 can now get big points on these SSE2 units. Stanford redid the points system and benches wu's on a P4 2.8 without SSE2 enabled.

Hence the SSE2 units on SSE2 cpu's are now like the gromacs units used to be.

PS- tinker and regular gromacs are now wroth about the same. For socket A amd CPU's, there's about a 2x PPW boost folding tinker instead of gromacs.

I thought Tinkers ran without SSE.
If they have been brought into line with Gromac pointSwise on a P4 then they should be worth twice that on an AMD as it folds them twice as fast.
I'm wondering if its worth turning off the -advmethods switch if you have an AMD and getting Tinkers.

p625_TZ2_EXT is now worth 128 points.
From my records at 1.5 Ghz it takes 20 hours to fold.
That 4 points per hour per Ghz.
Or from my 22.8 Ghz just over 2000 points per day

Comments please.......?

Luck..........:D

You're right. Someone reported a tinker wu on a Tbred at a little more than twice teh PPW vs a gromacs WU. This will not be the case for each and every wu since the projects vary, but as a general trend, yes. AMD should get near double points vs gromacs if you can get them folding tinker.

This also means spitfire durons and athlon thunderbirds are not so bad for folding anymore, again if you can get them folding tinker.

A64's can swing either way. They'll see a big boost on SSE2 units as well as on tinkers.

Originally posted by Arkaine23
You're right. Someone reported a tinker wu on a Tbred at a little more than twice teh PPW vs a gromacs WU. This will not be the case for each and every wu since the projects vary, but as a general trend, yes. AMD should get near double points vs gromacs if you can get them folding tinker.

This also means spitfire durons and athlon thunderbirds are not so bad for folding anymore, again if you can get them folding tinker.

A64's can swing either way. They'll see a big boost on SSE2 units as well as on tinkers.

Getting AMD to fold Tinker is easy - leave off the command line switches. I've tried it here for the last week, since I heard rumblings - not a single GROMACS unit. I am not sure if it's chance or if it just won't get GROMACS, but I'll take it!

You should keep -forcesse becuase you'll get a mix of gromacs and tinker when you remvoe -advmethods.

Back