Dota 2 Official Thread

It will probably be a month or two before the full impact of this patch hits. People who make a living off of this game will figure out the best way to jungle, best places to ward, if having a mid bottle is still efficient, etc, etc, etc. Everybody was saying how all these lvl 25 abilities make heroes so OP, but honestly, how many games go that long?

Until they give us the ability to modify the hud (as in, move shit around to places that actually make sense), it will suck. Some of the ideas behind it were good, but the implementation was shit. I understand why they had to get rid of the old UI (due to Scale Form), but what we ended up with is a step back (for the end user).

And this Monkey King is a whole lot of bullshit. I haven't been raped by him yet, but only because people playing him in pubs at my level are scrubs and can't see the best way of using him. Needing flying vision to see him is bullshit. IMO he needs some major balancing at earlier levels.

In regards to the skill trees - it's all about predicting how the match will go. Those EXP% bonuses look good on paper, but if the match drags, then it's a waste. With the changes to the Summoners and the HotD, I think pushing strats might be the way to go. Hell, I'd love to see a Catapult strat done in 7.00.

So far I like it overall. Monkey king like all hero updates is blah. As Pez said he needs a lot of work.

I like the HUD overall, I do miss seeing my denies and creep kills as non critical as it is.

I like the ability tree and the backpack, but not quite how dynamic the backpack is. I had a few items dropped off and I wanted my perseverance active but it gave me the ROH.
I was happy to have both items ON me and that I could swap them out to get the one active that I wanted but I think they should have a CD, like unless you complete an item, it has a 5 min cool down or more before you can swap the item again.

I was happy to get two rounds completed in under 90 minutes without feeling rushed or that they were crazy.

Going to take a while for everything to balance but this has me actually "wanting" to play dota beyond one round a week with friends. Havent wanted to do that since the summer 2014 update.

I still like the UI and most of the changes but the hero's are still badly broken and monkey king is as stupid as all the latest hero's are. Probably time to not play again :(

I still like the UI and most of the changes but the hero's are still badly broken and monkey king is as stupid as all the latest hero's are. Probably time to not play again :(

This game is shit for pub play. Any hero that needs superior team play starting at the pick screen is going to be broke against 95% of the players.

This game is shit for pub play. Any hero that needs superior team play starting at the pick screen is going to be broke against 95% of the players.

Too many years in competitive play for many games have made me more prone to gouge my eyes out than play the horribleness that is competitive, just... so many bad words for it.

I do like this update for everything but Monkey King and the other unbalanced hero's (Some carried over from previous updates). I really want to meet the people who think this is fun and balanced and pick their brains for details.

Watching DOTA Pit tournament on Twitch. Ice, Ice, Ice for the team Faceless is God mode on Timbersaw. Looks like every team should ban it out first when going against him. The rest of his team seems kinda average though.

There were some sick plays in EG vs OG finale matches.

Speaking of normal matches for us non-pros, I've been having rotten luck. When I support, I'm saddled with players who either can't carry, or don't understand the need to push. If I don't support, then I find the support players act like they are 2k lower than their mmr. People just too often don't feel that they can be out farmed, and it costs us mmr. Or they can't comprehend that when they have an advantage, that objectives need to be taken.

This game can be so frustrating. But it's just too much fun (and free). Except when you're stuck with a bunch of Peruvians (for us US players).

Made it to the final boss, but wasn't able to win. That guys is one tough fucker to kill - we managed to get him down to 1/3 hp. All those tornados and sun strikes. I liked our lineup (Overlord, Treant, Dusa, Sniper and Dark Seer), but I think 1 more Bloodthron or Hex would have made the difference. They certainly allowed us to win the Alchy round pretty easily, though that techies round was brutal.

Was it dumb to make Wisp a carry in 2015 but now it is smart? When did that change?

Would there ever be a reason to pick Lycan in TI?

I missed the entire tournament. China time zones don't agree with my sleeping schedule.

Back