Dota 2 Official Thread

Good lord do I hate this game sometimes. I would pay money if there was an item you could buy that would flag someone to be reviewed by valve staff. It's like, you intentionally feed in ranked just to piss of your team, you can get reviewed to be perma banned. You know it's bad when the other team is telling you that they have reported a player on your team if it is any consolation.

WOW they nerfed the SHIT OUT OF neutral bounty!!!

The gold distribution change is cool, as well as lowering the rubber band gold.

Changing items between SS and base, interesting. I live void stone being at side shop now, that was a PITA.

•Unstable Concoction now has an area targeting cursor - So he can cast without hero vision? That's a nice buff, as well as the scepter change. Alch needed something to make him more fun to play. He will be meta again.

Love the BH changes, he lacked INT severely.

Brood can stack orbs now, great. He was already a PITA.

Scepter change on Centaur will be fun to use, mass tree trampling time.

You can purge geomagnetic grip, that's good. That ult is annoying.

•Max level Deafening Blast (Quas, Wex, and Exort all at max level) is now a non-targetable circular wave released in every direction around Invoker - Holy shit!

•Added Aghanim's Scepter upgrade to Legion Commander: Duel lasts until either Legion Commander or her target dies. Ends if duelists are ever more than 2,000 range apart. - This is pointless. Scepter gives nothing else that worthwhile to LC.

•Added Aghanim's Scepter upgrade to Lifestealer: Grants a new skill, Assimilate. Assimilate allows Lifestealer to target an allied hero and swallow them, allowing them to hide inside of Lifestealer. Any healing Lifestealer receives is shared with the assimilated hero. The assimilated hero can release itself at any time by clicking on the buff icon to erupt outward and deal 300 damage to enemies in a 700 area of effect. If Lifestealer dies or assimilates another hero, the currently assimilated hero will automatically exit. Issuing any order with your hero, a few seconds after being assimilated, will take you out. - Neat, but again, LS needs nothing else from scepter.

•Added Agahnim's Scepter upgrade to Lone Druid: Allows Spirit Bear to attack at any range from Lone Druid, and prevents Spirit Bear from dying if Lone Druid dies - That is useful.

•Improved Aghanim's Scepter: Allows Eclipse to be cast on an area within 2,500 range. Grants obstructed vision of that area. Can also target any allied unit to center Eclipse on their location, even while moving (can double click or target Luna) Wow ultimate gank tool.

Naga Siren's changes are nice, that scepter upgrade looks great as a defensive tool.

Spiked Carapace instantly stuns any enemy units within a 300 area of effect without requiring them to hurt him first. Casting Vendetta causes Burrow to end (with scepter) - dafuq?

Minor nerf on Sniper, good.

•Techies Aghanim's Scepter upgrade now causes the Minefield Sign to make all Land Mines, Stasis Traps and Remote Mines within 125 area of effect immune to True Sight. Can only have one sign out at a time - LOL!

Why was Tinker buffed...

Nice troll nerf, much needed.

Lotus Orb is sick. I'm scared.

Guardian greaves are awesome, can't wait to use. Perfect support item.

Moon shard is a disgusting late game item, 60 permanent attack speed whoa.

Silver Edge is OP.

Quelling blade will let you farm much faster against the now useless neutrals.

They turned Bfury into an item only to farm with... stupid.

•Radiance Burn now causes affected enemies to have a 17% miss rate - Yay, back to old school Dota!

•Can now be used on to eat Wards. Eating a ward heals for double the amount, 230 HP over 16 seconds. - Awesome! and the tooltip on that is hilarious!

Vladimir changes awe awesome, Ranged hero's get LS now too! I'm a big Vlads use so that's cool.

Overall I'm happy with the changes. The biggest was that huge damn rubber band BS. I think they buffed enough hero's to deal with the current meta.

Last edited:
Dat Luna Aghs!

Luna - Improved Aghanim's Scepter: Allows Eclipse to be cast on an area within 2,500 range. Grants obstructed vision of that area. Can also target any allied unit to center Eclipse on their location, even while moving (can double click or target Luna)

i have no idea how to play this game anymore. too many changes for one patch, im so fucking confused

Yeah looks like a lot of changes, i havent played in sometime now. The Buff to invoker isnt enough, he was well below a 50% winrate and is considered a mid-lower tier hero currently, which is unfortunate because hes one of my favorite heroes.

I havent played in a few months, got burnt out after 2k hours

thing about invokers winrate is how high the skill ceiling is for that hero. i havent played him more than once in 1600+ games, cause i dont think i can do well with it. but good invoker players can carry a whole team most of the time

thing about invokers winrate is how high the skill ceiling is for that hero. i havent played him more than once in 1600+ games, cause i dont think i can do well with it. but good invoker players can carry a whole team most of the time

Thats not entirely true, very few teams picked him in DAC, he was one of the lowest pick/bans in the entire tournament

i was talking pubs, didnt know you were talking about the pro scene. in pubs you very rarely see a good invoker, but when you do, whoa boy, better prepare your butts.

i was talking pubs, didnt know you were talking about the pro scene. in pubs you very rarely see a good invoker, but when you do, whoa boy, better prepare your butts.

Good invokers frankly arent that hard to deal with, BKB's Silences absolutely OBLITERATE invoker. Just silence him twice in a fight and its a team wipe for them

Wagamama is playing LC on test client, WK with scepter completely nullifies duel. It's funny.

wraith kings aghanims upgrade just helps allies, how does it help in a duel situation?

The scepter wraiths lasts throughout the entire duel unless LC stupidly goes scepter. No hero death on WK's team until the wraith timer stops, not when hero reaches 0 HP, so LC just duels ghosts all game once WK has scepter lol.

I haven't played in 1 year+... I'll be even more loss with this new patch.

Gonna be fun :D

The scepter wraiths lasts throughout the entire duel unless LC stupidly goes scepter. No hero death on WK's team until the wraith timer stops, not when hero reaches 0 HP, so LC just duels ghosts all game once WK has scepter lol.

oh okay, yeah, i see how that works. but wraith king has to be in the vicinity for it to work on allies right?

Question: Can you eat friendly wards? I would assume not, since it would allow you to virtually buy exp.

That mana increase for Euls will definitely change some of those SF players games. No more Euls/Ult combo.

As a support player, I'm not certain if the buff to Arcane Boots was enough, but definitely a start. I'm assuming that Guardian Greaves active has no mana cost, since none is mentioned.

Also, that Octarine Core... Can you imagine that on an Obs? Since Arcane Orb is a spell, that's like constant lifesteal. Also, that passive (Cooldown Reduction - Reduces all cooldowns by 25%).

Let the ult hilarity ensue

Fun with items

Last edited:
LOL, patch just went live after the first game in a BO3 between Team Tinker and HR.

I hate this game so much sometimes. I've dropped from like 4200 ranked to 3950 over the last few days. I just can't do it. If I play support I have fucking idiots as carries. If I play carry I have idiots playing support if I even get supports. It's just pathetic. How the fuck do you not know that you can't let a Medusa free farm for 30 minutes without killing her once. I pick undying and dominate my lane, max tombstone, it's time to fight, but idiot team mates decide that we need to afk farm against a better late game team so I drop off a cliff in terms of usefulness as undying doesn't push lanes and tombstone is pointless 50 minutes in. Just ugh, ugh, ugh.

I just..... ugh

I feel you. I've gone down 200 points in the last 3 days of playing. I've been getting stuck with scrubs that keep trying to tell me how to play as they feed to 0-10 and I am 7-1 while keeping the map fully warded and porting to every fight. I don't get it.

Edit - 200, not 2K :)

Last edited:
Every once in awhile I get the urge to go back to this or HoN. Then I read comments and remember why I quit :p

Went from bordering onto 4K to 3.3 currently. They really need to rework MMR. I just lost as 5-1 Oracle because zeus fed Tinker 0-5 at 6 minutes then went afk after intentional feeding a couple more times. This game's ranking system is horseshit.

Went from bordering onto 4K to 3.3 currently. They really need to rework MMR. I just lost as 5-1 Oracle because zeus fed Tinker 0-5 at 6 minutes then went afk after intentional feeding a couple more times. This game's ranking system is horseshit.

I agree. It makes more sense from a team perspective, but as an individual, you can get screwed too easily. They need to include mechanics that detect overall score, so when someone goes 0-18-2, you don't get penalized, or if you go 1-3-15 or 8-2-5, you don't lost nearly as much mmr.

---

Anybody watch the Secret vs EG final (game 4)? Secret absolutely destroyed EG. I think EG's Lion didn't even get to level 6 when they gg'd. Pure domination, like a 13 minute match.

They either need to rework MMR, or they need to let you filter by criteria that MMR doesn't factor in. You should be able to filter out everyone who doesn't have a mic or speak english. I know that would be tough to actually implement, but it's damn frustrating trying to play a game that requires a ton of teamwork when no one on your team uses a mic or even types in chat. It's also incredibly frustrating that it seems like every game I get at least one person on my team that throws a crazy curve ball by picking something random. Why not pick 2 offlane heroes and no mid, after it is too late for me to change my pick? It's just stupid. I've been playing more captains mode lately hoping that that would solve things, but it turns out that you just end up losing because people want to be captain and then pick stupid things.

I definitely agree with the idea of not losing as much MMR if you played well. A year or so ago I had a game where I went 32-1-5 as Clinkz, but my team was useless and we lost. At least they were courteous and apologized to me for failing so hard.

Yeah, I watched most of the Summit 3 matches. I'm not really a fan of how quickly things seem to snowball out of control in this patch. I hated the rubberband effect from previous patches, but now it seems like that was the only thing preventing teams from completely stomping each other in 15 minutes.

MMR is not important to me at all. its a made up criteria to boast about. i play games to have fun and im definitely having more fun playing single draft every time i queue. seriously
my mmr is at 2.9k but my actual MMR calculated is closer to 3.7k. generally All pick is just loaded with people with a set in stone mentality where noone supports and everyone wants to be the hero. single draft opens up the hero pool and the matches tend to be more fun, at least for me. here's my dotabuff

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/55293533

MMR is not important to me at all. its a made up criteria to boast about. i play games to have fun and im definitely having more fun playing single draft every time i queue. seriously
my mmr is at 2.9k but my actual MMR calculated is closer to 3.7k. generally All pick is just loaded with people with a set in stone mentality where noone supports and everyone wants to be the hero. single draft opens up the hero pool and the matches tend to be more fun, at least for me. here's my dotabuff

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/55293533

If you are someone who trolls the team and when they feed in ranked MM say "it's just a game, whatever" - I hate you :p

At least there is some good dota news for me. I had never played Slark until last week, and now I'm 7-0 with him. Stupidly good hero as most players don't seem to know how to deal with him.

At least there is some good dota news for me. I had never played Slark until last week, and now I'm 7-0 with him. Stupidly good hero as most players don't seem to know how to deal with him.

I've always enjoyed Slark and I have more wins with him than any other Hero. With the addition of Silver Edge, he's all that much funner. I do think he will get nerfed, or Silver Edge will, but I'm gonna enjoy the tears while I can.

Yes, I do think the Silver Edge will get nerfed, it's just too powerful, and is an excuse now for almost all STR heroes to get invis.

Slark is fun once you get the Pounce down, but he is, by no means, OP. He can snowball easily if he isn't contained (which happens in pubs), but he can be dealt with. The key is keeping vision on the map, and, preventing him from ulting. And if he does ult, then you just need AOE spells. Finally, can't allow him to steal stats. That's what costs most pub teams. They let him gain 100 agility for 2 minutes, which makes him very potent. But once that's gone, he's just an average hero again. Does well mid game, but falls off to hard carries late.

I think most of us agree that Slark isn't OP in competitive games. However, the fact that he takes a collective team effort to shut down in pubs makes him easily the best pubstomper hero in the game.

Yes, you could spend thousands of gold on detection but unless you personally take on that responsibility then it probably won't happen. Silencer does own Slark but then again it also means that you have to play Silencer which is one of the most boring heroes in the game IMO. Slark is just one of those heroes that forces the other team to sacrifice their own enjoyment or lose the game.

The other problem with Slark is that his skill set allows the player to make mistake after mistake and get away with it. Riki and Bounty Hunter are good examples of high risk, high reward stealth archetypes where if you don't read the situation or map properly, you will die for over-committing.

Yeah, Slark is a blast. I've been having a lot of fun with Bristleback here lately as well. It's so much fun to chase an enemy hero down with BB spitting on them the whole time, lol. And getting hit by 4 heroes while you're running away, and barely taking damage, is hilarious. So much whining and hate from the opposing team.

Who's everyone's current favorite heroes? (I know it changes constantly, or at least mine does.)

My favorite heroes are Pudge, Techies, and Witch Doctor in terms of fun.

I have dominating win records with Lich, Lion, and Pugna though since I guess I'm better at supporting and map control than playing cores.

My most successful are AA, BH, Riki. I like playing Juggernaut the best for sure. Shadow demon, Wyvern, WD, Shaman, Lion are fun supports to play. I like playing safelane or roam the best, carry or support doesn't matter.

Back