Dota 2 Official Thread

Smoke absolutely does not only require someone to be following you, the second they move in when the enemy is too close to a tower, or there are too many of them around for you to 2 person gank your screwed end of story. Carrys shouldnt be buying wards period because it drastically drops their effectiveness late game, thats a supports job in both competitive or non-competitive play unless the supports dont have the gold to buy them. People like you are exactly the reason why general gamers hate this fucking genre of gaming, the community is shit, and your displaying it 100% right now

Lets not even consider the fact that lower ranks have captains who pick 5 carry heroes with no mid? What about the sniper that fed the riki so much riki was 6 slotted, and at level 25 before anybody else in the game was above 17? Yeah that cant be catastrophic for the game at all when the Riki is literally 3 shotting our DK

Chill out dude.

he was just saying if you have 5 carries on a team, then not all of them are going to be played as a carry. You still have to have a support "carry" because you need wards, you need smoke/dust, sentries, going with out them is not an option in higher levels of play.

your talking about one game, where a riki got fed. Maybe if someone popped down a sentry ward in his lane, or tried and gank him before he got on a roll. I am sure I could point out at least 3 things you personally could have done better.

Also captains mode should never be played unless your a full team or at least a 4 stack. Then you won't have these sorts of issues in the first place.

The community is fine, its people who "think" they are good and are not cause the biggest problems. Everyone wants to act like a pro, yet their level of game play is literally dirt. I have a 4200 mmr, and I think I'm crap. If your under that then you will have to man up and admit to yourself that you are also crap. Its ok, everyone in the world cannot be a pro.

The community is fine, its people who "think" they are good and are not cause the biggest problems. Everyone wants to act like a pro, yet their level of game play is literally dirt. I have a 4200 mmr, and I think I'm crap. If your under that then you will have to man up and admit to yourself that you are also crap. Its ok, everyone in the world cannot be a pro.

I just love being told how to play by people who are not that great, or who ping incessantly and believe characters and the game can only unfold one way. If you go against that you are a newb and they rage lol.

Smoke absolutely does not only require someone to be following you, the second they move in when the enemy is too close to a tower, or there are too many of them around for you to 2 person gank your screwed end of story. Carrys shouldnt be buying wards period because it drastically drops their effectiveness late game, thats a supports job in both competitive or non-competitive play unless the supports dont have the gold to buy them. People like you are exactly the reason why general gamers hate this fucking genre of gaming, the community is shit, and your displaying it 100% right now

Lets not even consider the fact that lower ranks have captains who pick 5 carry heroes with no mid? What about the sniper that fed the riki so much riki was 6 slotted, and at level 25 before anybody else in the game was above 17? Yeah that cant be catastrophic for the game at all when the Riki is literally 3 shotting our DK

Am I the reason people hate this game? The people telling you to just be quiet and get better and stop complaining? Nope, you're what's wrong. People who are constantly complaining about how they are vastly under rated in the system, and how every single teammate they get is a complete piece of shit because they don't stand up to your skill. You are the guy who's complaining, being racist, and screaming at teammates because it's always their fault.

You've probably never even used a smoke before, and do not know the way it works.

Why do you feel the need to pick a carry or play captains mode? Pick last? See what your team has picked?

I just love being told how to play by people who are not that great, or who ping incessantly and believe characters and the game can only unfold one way. If you go against that you are a newb and they rage lol.

Don't complain then.

Last edited:
Am I the reason people hate this game? The people telling you to just be quiet and get better and stop complaining? Nope, you're what's wrong. People who are constantly complaining about how they are vastly under rated in the system, and how every single teammate they get is a complete piece of shit because they don't stand up to your skill. You are the guy who's complaining, being racist, and screaming at teammates because it's always their fault.

You've probably never even used a smoke before, and do not know the way it works.

Why do you feel the need to pick a carry or play captains mode? Pick last? See what your team has picked?

Don't complain then.

Yeah ok your proving yourself to be nothing but a jackass. Thats all there is to it, Youve never seen a single one of my replies, nor played in a game which means you know jack shit about how my games go. In fact, if you look at my last 5 losses, youll see that as a support i average less than 5 deaths in 40+ min matches, and have over 30 assists. That doesnt mean shit when your carries in every single match are dying 15+ times. If you get randomed with people who refuse to support, only play carry, and suck ass at playing carry your never going to win, it doesnt matter how good your support is

Yeah ok your proving yourself to be nothing but a jackass. Thats all there is to it, Youve never seen a single one of my replies, nor played in a game which means you know jack shit about how my games go. In fact, if you look at my last 5 losses, youll see that as a support i average less than 5 deaths in 40+ min matches, and have over 30 assists. That doesnt mean shit when your carries in every single match are dying 15+ times. If you get randomed with people who refuse to support, only play carry, and suck ass at playing carry your never going to win, it doesnt matter how good your support is

yawn

if your going to get in a pissing match at least do it via personal message.

also might want to check your ' key because seems like it either doesn't work or you fail to press it.

chill out dude your taking things way to personally. Dota is a game, its ok if you suck at it really. I admitted I suck and I have a 4200 mmr. Which apparently puts me in the top 10% of players.

Haha, ok, link me your account. You're telling me that a system that has nothing programmed in it to specifically hate you has been matching you with morons on your team, and complete pros on the other team. It's a 50/50 thing, and I guarantee you're getting matched against idiots of equal proportion. You need to be the one who makes a large enough impact to get out of your mmr. I guarantee you're not playing as well as you think you are. Link me your dotabuff, prove me wrong.

wow I thought I left this kind of thread behind once I stop playing WoT, I guess some things are universal

I stopped responded because I didn't want this thread to devolve into attacks. That's a quick way to get the thread locked. I'd suggest everybody let it go. We all have things about the game/community that frustrates us.

I admitted I suck and I have a 4200 mmr. Which apparently puts me in the top 10% of players.

I only played one game with you, but I don't think you suck. My ranking has been sitting in the mid 3k for awhile. I refuse to play matched w/o at least 2 dependable friends, and most of them, I think, prefer non-ranked most of the time. Either way, ranked is a bit bs, since it doesn't really mean you play with/against better players, but most likely means there is a better chance of it happening.

Some people mentioned that factoring K/D/A into ratings would be a good idea, but I disagree. Those stats really don't show anything. A support hero would end up with low kills, possibly high deaths and any number of assists, but would risk not gaining as much rank as a carry who is getting high kills. Everybody has a role to play, and figuring in stats would just unbalance it. If someone would lose points by dying, they would be less inclined to put themselves in danger. Would a win with 1/12/5 give someone a higher rank than a loss with 8/2/15?

Think of it like sports. Basketball players never take a shot right before the buzzer sounds (they do it just after), because it will most likely be a miss and would affect their stats. QB's in football often will throw their last play, hail mary in a way that is uncatchable or out of bounds, so the probably interception doesn't go on their stats.

I stopped responded because I didn't want this thread to devolve into attacks. That's a quick way to get the thread locked. I'd suggest everybody let it go. We all have things about the game/community that frustrates us.

I only played one game with you, but I don't think you suck. My ranking has been sitting in the mid 3k for awhile. I refuse to play matched w/o at least 2 dependable friends, and most of them, I think, prefer non-ranked most of the time. Either way, ranked is a bit bs, since it doesn't really mean you play with/against better players, but most likely means there is a better chance of it happening.

Some people mentioned that factoring K/D/A into ratings would be a good idea, but I disagree. Those stats really don't show anything. A support hero would end up with low kills, possibly high deaths and any number of assists, but would risk not gaining as much rank as a carry who is getting high kills. Everybody has a role to play, and figuring in stats would just unbalance it. If someone would lose points by dying, they would be less inclined to put themselves in danger. Would a win with 1/12/5 give someone a higher rank than a loss with 8/2/15?

Think of it like sports. Basketball players never take a shot right before the buzzer sounds (they do it just after), because it will most likely be a miss and would affect their stats. QB's in football often will throw their last play, hail mary in a way that is uncatchable or out of bounds, so the probably interception doesn't go on their stats.

eh, this part of the forum is severely under moderated, and extremely inconsistantly moderated. Look in the console gaming subforum and youll see what i mean, theres 2 users who did absolutely nothing but thread cap and insult everyone around them for months straight and not a single post was ever moderated or banned, its pretty bad.

I agree the K/D/A ration is drastically different for players and doesnt always speak to the skill of the player. heck i was playing a hard carry and only had a handful of kills in a match (like 6? I was juggernaut) but it was still a succesfull match because i wore down opponents significantly and didn't die, only had around 4 deaths. Numbers wise it would look like a poor match for a hard carry except when you see that exp/min and gold/min were near double what anyone else in the match had.

I dont have dependable friends to play with, every match i queue in ranked is pure 5 person random unless i happen to get matched up with a duo or more. As far as one player being able to throw i match, my 3rd loss yesterday was a prime example, our broodmother insisted on being insanely aggressive the entire match, and ended up losing 17 duels to a Legion Commander, by the end of the match the legion was at over +270 damage, no chance in hell at winning that

i've really given this game fair shot(s). but from what ive played I would guess its about as fun as hitting yourself in the head for 45minutes straight.

Okay okay, I am sensing a lot of negativity among players from what I read so far. Instead of complaining about one another, we should unite against the cancer that is league of legends. Agreed?

LET THE FLAMES BEGIN!

I played a game the other week where a neutral (non-ancient) got a triple kill. Funniest shit ever.

I'd assume it was that satyr that nukes whenever it sees 3+ enemies around. Or maybe hellbear smasher.

I'd assume it was that satyr that nukes whenever it sees 3+ enemies around. Or maybe hellbear smasher.

After watching it closely, tt was both, actually. They were stacking the creeps, and in a team fight, the bear got one and the satyr got 2. Too bad, a triple kill for a single neutral was a much funnier idea. But still hilarious.

Here is right before:
Image 1

Here is right after:
Image 2

Match ID: 649997478 @ about 10:00 minute mark.

I should get credit for recruiting a tl plus member but noooooooo i get banned for calling kaolin op and ez to play lol.

you sure are active on tl man, im on there as hightimedota until i get unbanned.

I should get credit for recruiting a tl plus member but noooooooo i get banned for calling kaolin op and ez to play lol.

you sure are active on tl man, im on there as hightimedota until i get unbanned.

I don't understand a thing you just wrote. What is tl? Who is kaolin?

Ugh... I don't get the matchmaking lately. I'm getting destroyed in 90% of the games I play. I go back and check dotabuff afterwards and the players on the other team have played 5 times as many games as I have and have much better win rates, while at the same time my team was all noobs.

ALL RANDOM DEATH MATCH!!!

lol, where did this even come from and how did I end up in that game mode. I didn't select it, it was supposed to be all pick. It was pretty hilarious though. Nothing like buying strength items and then getting killed only to come back as pugna.

ALL RANDOM DEATH MATCH!!!

lol, where did this even come from and how did I end up in that game mode. I didn't select it, it was supposed to be all pick. It was pretty hilarious though. Nothing like buying strength items and then getting killed only to come back as pugna.

One of my favorite modes from back in the day. :D

I am excited about this. When I hosted pointless games it was usualy -AREMOMDM, so funny. Add in WTF mode for rage and lulz.

Dear valve, please give us an option to disallow picking of daily hero challenge heroes because I'm tired of idiots picking heroes they have never played before because they are trying to get 25 compendium points.

I'm all for people trying new heroes, but for the love of god go practice in a bot match first instead of subjecting your team to your learning.

A typical match these days seems to go like this:
Invoker: hey guys, sorry if I suck, I picked this hero for the challenge.
Spectre: so did I
Meepo: so did I
Anti Mage: so did I
Me: oh god.........

I mean its more likely to be happening on their team than on yours... (unless you are doing it too)

I mean its more likely to be happening on their team than on yours... (unless you are doing it too)

I only do it when I am already comfortable with the hero.

I've been on a Clinkz binge for the last couple of weeks. That damn hero just wrecks the place. I'm up to something like a 74% win rate with a 6.46 KDA. Things got even easier when I got a friend to start laning crystal maiden with me. That disable gives me kills. Even if the other team shuts me down it frees up the map for the rest of my team. I'm not saying that there aren't a lot of ways to counter clinkz, but most teams don't make use of them. It's funny, if you pick Riki you are getting to get your ass dusted off, but 80% of the time they don't buy dust when you are clinkz. It definitely gets a little tougher in ranked games, but it's not too bad.

Anyway, I'm surprised that there isn't any discussion of the International 4 in here. It's crazy that defending champions Alliance didn't make it through, and it's sad that Liquid got put out today. I'm pulling for NaVi personally.

I'm so out of date.

Why did Razor get so popular? Buffed?

Why didn't C9 ban Naga if she got max items so quickly?

I'm so out of date.

Why did Razor get so popular? Buffed?

Why didn't C9 ban Naga if she got max items so quickly?

Razor is popular because the meta has shifted to a lot of early game aggression - he's a hero that doesn't need a lot of items early to dish out good damage and static link allows him to have a really strong lane presence. Also his ultimate with scepter just melts towers/buildings.

Didn't see the C9 game with Naga so I can't comment on that.

Also if you noticed the TI4 games that utilized Razor, they often didn't even need to buy a single damage item to do well with him. Static link is a little OP against some teams, but with enough lockdown on the other team he becomes a squishy easy kill.

Razor *should* be a niche counterpick. Teams first-picking him are generally retarded. He's got a 38% winrate at TI4, which is obviously atrocious.

That said, as others mentioned he lanes 1v1 VERY well with static link, especially vs popular offlaners like tidehunter. And he pushes very well early with an aghs, which is uncommon among carries. He does have some strengths worth mentioning.

C9 are dumb as nails, unfortunately (I'm a big fan :p). The issue with naga is that it's very difficult to ever push against that hero once she gets radiance, so if you can't rax within 5 mins of her getting radiance you essentially just lose. The best counter to Naga is pugna both because you push insanely well and because with an aghs your ult instantly destroys illusions with no cooldown. Expect more 2nd-phase naga bans in the future. First-pick naga is generally too exploitable to be worth it (her early-game weakness is exploitable if you still have 4 or 5 picks to work with).

Not a fan of the new ranked AP change whatsoever. All the other stuff I'm indifferent to, but there are so many people that join a game then go afk while it loads up and everyone picks. Timer never going to start until they come back now? And the bounty runes are going to make things interesting as hell.

Back