Doritos creates AI software that silences chewing noises

Status
Not open for further replies.

polonyc2

Fully [H]
The noise of someone chomping on chips can be irritating, especially if it's directly in your ear, on say, a voice chat or a Zoom call...Voices - and crunching - are amplified when people are using headsets, which are often worn by gamers, many of whom spend hours at a time playing multiplayer video games

So the chip brand Doritos created Doritos Silent, a crunch cancellation software that removes the sound of chewing from voice chat, Zoom or any call that uses headphones...but it was really created for gamers...it can be used on any PC, and the company says it will eventually be expanded to other devices...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/2023/11/27/doritos-silent-gaming-crunch-cancellation/

I had a guy I raided with who was a mouth breather, an eater, and hunched over to where his mic was basically inside his keyboard so all you could hear was keys clacking, his breath, and crunching.
It was basically mandatory to mute them.
I’d give this software a go.

I had a guy I raided with who was a mouth breather, an eater, and hunched over to where his mic was basically inside his keyboard so all you could hear was keys clacking, his breath, and crunching.
This is why I still use push-to-talk.

Was worried I'd be giving other players flashbacks from that time Uncle Randy brought them into the game closet for a round of Sorry.

Is it run on the receiving end or on the sending end though?

The receiving end would like be by far the most useful, because good luck convincing other annoying users to use it.

But it is probably much easier to implement on the sending side though, due to having a relatively clean and separate mic input to work with.

I worked in IT at one point and people's keyboards and mice are _disgusting_.

Don't think it's just fat dudes crunchin chips either. Man, woman, it don't matter. People are universally nasty as all hell. No device is safe.

I still feel like gagging when I think about the time I went to lift my hand off someone's mouse and the mouse came with.

8bc1f8a5c4234d4ac6128d320343e0c5.jpg

That's why when I do zoom meetings I keep myself muted except when I need to say something and when I do say something I'm not cramming food into my face while doing it. I dont need no stinking AI for things with common sense solutions
It boils down to people just needing to be considerate of others, but that seems to be something extraordinarily hard to do for some people. The universe revolves around me, and me alone!

I worked in IT at one point and people's keyboards and mice are _disgusting_.

Don't think it's just fat dudes crunchin chips either. Man, woman, it don't matter. People are universally nasty as all hell. No device is safe.

I still feel like gagging when I think about the time I went to lift my hand off someone's mouse and the mouse came with.
IMG_9038.jpeg

That's why when I do zoom meetings I keep myself muted except when I need to say something and when I do say something I'm not cramming food into my face while doing it. I dont need no stinking AI for things with common sense solutions
Is it a discord plugin?? Because it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back