DOOM Official Multiplayer Trailer

HardOCP News

[H] News
Is it just me or does this new DOOM trailer look like it was made using a console version of the game? I guess it could just be my old eyes but the game just doesn't look as highly detailed as some of the previous trailers.

Is it just me or does this new DOOM trailer look like it was made using a console version of the game? I guess it could just be my old eyes but the game just doesn't look as highly detailed as some of the previous trailers.
Well thanks to consoles im sure they had to dial the game down some unlike doom 3 which started as pc only and raped machines back in day. I remember the game having a setting for 512 mb of vram when at the time hardly if any cards came with that much.

It looks like a bloodier version of Halo 5's arena.

Its obvious the player is using a controller and not mouse/keyboard, so yeah console version.

Yeah, this looks like ass compared to what we have seen previously released. I hope the quality of this video has just been XBoned.

And the announcer? WTF is up with that guy? I am sorry, but we need the "Unreal" guy back.

I think it's time to lay Doom to rest. It pioneered us into a wonderful generation of games but I feel that the game will never be restored to its former glory. It needs to be retired while it still has some shine and dignity.

Reactions: DF-1
like this
That does not look very good at all. I'm not entirely sure what a modern Doom should look like but it isn't that. It looks like some random, generic, MP mod from the mid-2000s. Doom had it's time and the first two games are still amazing, but I just don't think there is a place for Doom anymore. They just need to let it go and be a piece of history instead of tarnishing the name.

Why oh why do games have to cater to the kids. Run/jump/shoot. Doesn't look like very much fun to me.

Glad to see the Baron looks more like his original appearance than Doom 3's redesign.

Why not develop a classic PC video game for the lowest denominator....... I still don't get why developers do this. Develop for the PC and then downgrade it for the console instead of trying to develop for the console and then "trying" to upgrade it for the PC.... They wonder why there are so many issues with all these console ports.

Trailer still didn't change my opinion of only getting the game once it drops below 50 cents.

This seems more of a Quake game to me.

This however
Unreal Tournament

Is going to bring the classics back to us the right way, imo. Pre-Alpha looks way better than that Doom vid. And from what I have played it captures the true FPS genre just like the older games.

I like the idea of getting to transform into different deamons, but it looks like a doom mod for halo.... take that as you will.

This however
Unreal Tournament

Is going to bring the classics back to us the right way, imo. Pre-Alpha looks way better than that Doom vid. And from what I have played it captures the true FPS genre just like the older games.

My thoughts exactly.

Looks like good fun to me. I'll probably stick with the single-player mode when I get it since that's the main thing I care about.

Looks like fun.

I played it in Quakecon Last year. It was pretty solid.

Let's not knock it until we try it, yeah?

This however
Unreal Tournament

I agree. Quake 3 Arena was all about deathmatch, but too me anyway, Doom/Doom2 was all about CO-OP with occasional PvP matches. I am tired of the old Call of Bros style play. I want a new immersive experience, like CO-OP VR could be. How amazing would that be in Doom's creepy dark atmosphere....

It is fun. From what I have played. This does look consoleized compared to pc.

wow, that was so lame, I can't believe it.

It looks like Halo, but sounds even more childish. wtf id?

I think it's time to lay Doom to rest. It pioneered us into a wonderful generation of games but I feel that the game will never be restored to its former glory. It needs to be retired while it still has some shine and dignity.

I think what they really need to do is take the original Doom and Doom 2 and re-do them using the latest game engine. I would love to be able to play those games but looking modern. Someone also needs to do the same thing to Duke Nukem 3D. I also demand that if they do this, they make sure that there are the famous cheat codes IDKFA and IDDQD.

I plan on getting this, but...

Wow. This announcer sounds like such a wuss.

Bring back the Quake 3 announcer.

I think what they really need to do is take the original Doom and Doom 2 and re-do them using the latest game engine. I would love to be able to play those games but looking modern. Someone also needs to do the same thing to Duke Nukem 3D. I also demand that if they do this, they make sure that there are the famous cheat codes IDKFA and IDDQD.
Played Quake Lately? - [H]ardOCP

As others have said the announcer sounds like a wuss -- I want voices like the original doom and quake... think of the low demon sounding voice saying "Invisibility" or a quake type voice saying "Quad Damage" mmm such good memories.

I'd love a good solid twitch shooter based on old school ideals with a modern engine... Doom/Quake/UT -- just good old fashioned nasty fun, no gimmicks. Right now "Doom" is ranking "meh" on my radar.

Soooo, unreal tournament?

The guns don't look/feel like doom
The maps don't feel like doom
The sounds effects/announcer sounds like UT

Not convinced this will be any good.. Will look forward to playing it when it's like 8$ on steam sale by Q3

Looks like UT with the superhero mode of the new Battlefront thrown in. Misses the atmosphere of the original.

They had the character models right for the single player, though. Hopefully the real game looks better.

Completely agree. I would rather turn the announcements off than listen to that guy.
meh, quake3 voice waaaay better than UT's, but yeah current one in that trailer was pretty lame. fire that guy and the guy who hired him

This one?

I remember that voice, but for some reason I am thinking there was a version with a British female, I am updating the newest version since I can't remember the voice in that one, maybe it's the one I am thinking of.

I just fired up the latest one, it's a dude's voice.
31 bots on the Space deck map is insane, lol

This however
Unreal Tournament

It looks nothing like Quake, not sure anyone could of played Quake MP and make that connection. Everything I've seen from the new Doom's multiplayer looks like they took some aspects of old school arena FPS games and combined it with the current-gen Halo-esque arena style games. Not necessarily a bad thing as D3's multi-player was trash but those looking for a pure un-adultered arena FPS should look towards the new Unreal.

All of that that being said, I'm am really excited for this release and am looking forward to what kind of shit comes out of the snap-map feature.

Looks like it has potential to me, has a twitchy feel to it, high contrast player models, non-distracting environments, I see some good deathmatch material here.

I could not have been the only one who immediately thought of Halo, right? I do not do multiplayer anymore so, for those that do, enjoy.

Back